[Resolved] SWBF II Missing Progress After May The 4th Update

by EA_Shepard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Resolved] SWBF II Missing Progress After May The 4th Update

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Good, Morning!

We are currently aware that players are reporting logging into the game and running into a few issues with blocked players, and missing progress within the game.

We have the appropriate teams looking into this and we are trying to get everything back up and running as quickly as we can.

We have posted an update on this Here! 👇

Once we have more updates, we will let everyone know on the official EA Help Channels, and post an update here as well!

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 162 of 205 (3,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star wars bf 2 lost progress

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

RESOLVED - Accepting As Solution For Visibility Purposes

Hey Everyone, 

We have recently made some changes, and I wanted to check with everyone in this thread if you could try restarting your game and checking if your progress has been restored.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 191 of 205 (2,576 Views)

All Replies

Heroes locked

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Anakin and obi wan are locked And have padlock-symbol and count dooku and general grevious during HvV and hero showdown which is annoying as I prefer showdown it says please access menu I quit the game and go to collections doesn’t let me select cards or upgrade sometimes rebooting The entire game work but that annoying
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Trofton
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/06/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 16:00pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing heroes vs villains or Showdown
What happens when the bug occurs? Locks out heroes
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region Europe
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General

Summarize your bug Anakin and obi wan are locked And have padlock-symbol and count dooku and general grevious during HvV and hero showdown which is annoying as I prefer showdown it says please access menu I quit the game and go to collections doesn’t let me select cards or upgrade sometimes rebooting The entire game work but that annoying
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Trofton
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 29/06/2020
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 16:00pm
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing heroes vs villains or showdown
What happens when the bug occurs? Locks out certain heroes
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Message 1 of 205 (7,380 Views)

Re: Heroes locked

★★★★★ Novice

Just when you think you can't possibly see any more crazy bugs on this game another one appears. How can you leave this game in such a bad state. In some areas this game is worse than when it launched. Never seen this bug before but I just started to get it myself. Seems like it's only the heroes added later in the game except the bots 

Message 2 of 205 (7,332 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Clarktastrophe31 That’s exactly what it looks like try restarting the game ?
Message 3 of 205 (7,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Trofton yes I do a hard reset and it fixes the issue temporarily but it comes back. Seen it three times this week. Think it's a server issue. You shouldn't have to reset your game every few matches with a game though lol. So stupid

Message 4 of 205 (7,322 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Clarktastrophe31 Completely agree there so many bugs on this game but EA is so poor
Message 5 of 205 (7,313 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue rn I’ve tried restarting my console and game and nothing is working they are still locked along with my old master skin for maul also a few kylo skins as well are locked

Message 6 of 205 (7,101 Views)

★★★★ Novice

instead of restarting the whole console just restart the game I had same issues restarting the console but not quiting the game and going from there 

Message 7 of 205 (7,090 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Clarktastrophe31 
I couldn't agree more! I've already said similar things many times in the history of this game.

@Trofton @ProvingStone @Clarktastrophe31 

This buggy behavior isn't new indeed. I already experienced this around the time people were complaining a lot about lobbies that never filled up because players would all be thrown into the same faction, I think it was around the end of 2019 and the beginning of 2020. From all that I could gather, this issue behaves as follows:

• Both factions have 2 heroes/villains locked each: Ani and Obi for the Lightside, Grievous and Dooku for the Darkside;
  • All Star Cards don't work at all;
  • Emotes can't be used;
  • These effects last as long as you stay in that lobby: respawning doesn't fix it, nor waiting for the match to end and changing factions.

When the End of Round Matchmaking (EoRMM) kicks in, it usually fixes the behavior. Leaving the lobby and finding another one usually fixed the issue too. Back then I associated this issue to 'bad lobbies', pretty much just like that one which doesn't allow one of the teams to ever fill up, or that other one, which was a lot rarer, that allowed HvV lobbies to break the 8 player limit and let more then 4 players to play on each side.

However it seems this bugged behavior is now happening much more frequently. I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm seeing several reports popping on this issue lately. I bet this is a server issue, just like before. So devs are better equipped to fix this issue because it probably doesn't require client patches, something EA/DICE is reluctant to do since they cut support for this game.

Sorry for not being able to provide any workaround for this, but I hope these insights in the issue prove helpful to fix it.

Message 8 of 205 (7,039 Views)

Star wars bf 2 lost progress

★★ Novice

PRODUCTConfusedtar wars battlefront 2

PLATFORM:xbox

PROBLEM:I lost everything but i can still see some troopers and heros levels but as soon as i use one in a game the level turns into a 1 and i even pre order the game and lost my last jedi skins too 

Message 9 of 205 (4,340 Views)