_.Jill_Valentine._

Master of unlocking.. ..your PANTS!!
Jul 15, 2002
those dont count.. or at least.. many among the knowledgeable just dont include those games as zelda canon..

Grave_The_Ninja

Certified Narutard
Jul 18, 2006
Outside of the cutscenes, the games are fucking awful. A simple trip to Youtube is all you need to figure that one out.

themuthaflippin

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 22, 2008
If you had to pick your 3 least favorite and/or worst Zelda games, which would they be? Don't include Four Swords because they're not traditional Zelda.

For me:

1. Phantom Hourglass
2. Zelda II
3. Spirit Tracks

I hate to say it, but Nintendo really screwed up Zelda on the DS. They're not bad games by any means, but Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks just aren't as good as the others. Zelda II I picked for obvious reasons, game needs a remake.

I agree about these three entirely.

CyberGlion

Prime Member
Oct 18, 2008
Tennessee
I liked every Zelda game that I've played, but if I had to pick my 3 least favorites it would be:

3. Link's Awakening
2. Phantom Hourglass
1. Zelda II

Balrog2115

Noob
Sep 9, 2013
I have played the original, Aol, Link to the Past, DS games, 4 swords, MM, Oot, TP, WW, and SS.

My least favorite are:
1. Phantom Hourglass
2. SS
3. TP

My favorite has to be WW or Link to the Past

mazardeus

Almost Not a Noob
May 18, 2012
Worst 3 Zeldas:

Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds

I cannot list Spirit Tracks in there. Love its soundtrack TO DEATH.

SuicideKnight

Please quote my icon.
Oct 6, 2007
1.) Skyward Sword
2.) Skyward Sword
3.) Skyward Sword

U so funny

I honestly couldn't stand it.

- crap side quests
- empty hub/over world
- ground locations were just mazes. the forest, desert and other places were just these blocky minecraft looking places... it didn't come off as a magical land, it came of as a rubik's cube.
- like one or two types of enemies
- I hate hate hate motion controls. Why can't there be an option?
- Link's equipment was crap. He used to pack medallions that called down lighting, he had warhammers, two handed swords, a ball-and-chain, fire rods........... now? he had a sticky whip that reminded me of this, and a flying beetle.
- most of the game reflects his arsenal... just... lame.

edit: Credit where it's due.... it had a few redeeming qualities and some good ideas (running, the music was nice, dungeons were standard Zelda, so that's good)... but far and away my least favorite Zelda game.

Last edited:

stache19

No Longer a Noob
Apr 21, 2001
1.) Skyward Sword
2.) Skyward Sword
3.) Skyward Sword

U so funny

I honestly couldn't stand it.

- crap side quests
- empty hub/over world
- ground locations were just mazes. the forest, desert and other places were just these blocky minecraft looking places... it didn't come off as a magical land, it came of as a rubik's cube.
- like one or two types of enemies
- I hate hate hate motion controls. Why can't there be an option?
- Link's equipment was crap. He used to pack medallions that called down lighting, he had warhammers, two handed swords, a ball-and-chain, fire rods........... now? he had a sticky whip that reminded me of this, and a flying beetle.
- most of the game reflects his arsenal... just... lame.

edit: Credit where it's due.... it had a few redeeming qualities and some good ideas (running, the music was nice, dungeons were standard Zelda, so that's good)... but far and away my least favorite Zelda game.

So what are your other two? Can't use the same game three times, no matter how much dislike you have.

SuicideKnight

Please quote my icon.
Oct 6, 2007
So what are your other two? Can't use the same game three times, no matter how much dislike you have.

fair enough. If I had to pick.... umm......

1.) SS: I stated already. Imho the worst in the series
2.) TP: It's not bad... it's just status quo as far as the series goes. Besides the main story what was there? The Cave of Ordeals and bug hunting.
3.) PH: I never actually finished this one. I just remember even picking up the DS was a chore.

Diecommunists

No Longer a Noob
Dec 14, 2011
Zelda 2 zelda 2 zelda 2 and zelda 2

okey fine

1.Zelda 2
2.Phantom hourglass
3.Sprit tracks

Last edited:

drgnfighter

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2013
Wasteland
1. Majora's Mask - Horribly terrible game. First off the game was just a cheap cash-grab which used the same assets from OoT and was not unique whatsoever It has too much fluff, repetitive quests that made you waste your time repeating the same things over and over again. The games dungeons all have unoriginal designs and are childishly easy along with simple bosses which involve almost no strategy. Even the final boss can be wrecked in just a couple hits with the Fierce Deity sword without you ever needing to dodge, block, or heal.

2. Skyward Sword - Bad linear game. The whole game is just full of linear paths where you travel between Skyloft, the ground, a dungeon, skyloft, and you repeat again. It has the most simplest dungeons in any Zelda game and are put together for the lowest possible denominator. Motion controls are horrible and take away any strategy past combat systems had and replaced it with only swinging your sword certain ways. Tons of unoriginal bosses including even the main and final bosses, Ghirahim and Demise.

3. Phantom Hourglass - Completely unnecessary sequel. It's just another one of those horrible "let's make a sequel of a 3D console game but put it on the DS in 2D" games which end up sucking a lot. Moving the stylus to control the character sucked. Timing you and having you go back between the same exact places sucked as well as there not being any complexity to the game and as said before it was not necessary. WW already had a complete, great ending and didn't need a sequel, PH was just a waste of time and another cash-grab.

Xiaber

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2010
TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY LISTED LINK BETWEEN WORLDS, WHAT THE HELL

They didn't even change the overworld. Come on, how unoriginal. Too much fluff. 3D is a silly gimmick. It's too cartoony, Zelda needs to be more gritty and realistic like TP but darker.

Seriously, why haven't they made a darker TP yet? They were getting on the right track and then decided to go lighter again. We need dark. We need brutally dark.

We need this:

1-black-cat-dark-wallpaper.jpg

But even this isn't dark enough. Needs more black.

legendofmidna

No Longer a Noob
Nov 23, 2011
Northeastern Maine
TWO PEOPLE ACTUALLY LISTED LINK BETWEEN WORLDS, WHAT THE HELL

They didn't even change the overworld. Come on, how unoriginal. Too much fluff. 3D is a silly gimmick. It's too cartoony, Zelda needs to be more gritty and realistic like TP but darker.

Seriously, why haven't they made a darker TP yet? They were getting on the right track and then decided to go lighter again. We need dark. We need brutally dark.

We need this:

1-black-cat-dark-wallpaper.jpg

But even this isn't dark enough. Needs more black.

Look at those eyes. They're YELLOW. That's a LIGHT COLOR. Too kiddy, give it to my 3 year old.

MKFlame7

Noob
Apr 16, 2015
3. Majora's Mask (THREE DAY TIMER)
2. Phantom Hourglass (Average game, not horrible, but extremely flawed.)
1. Minish Cap (Good, but boring at times)

mazardeus

Almost Not a Noob
May 18, 2012
I am sad to imagine seeing AoL on either of the 3 worst. -_-

Honestly, AoL has a lot of amazing things that are always worth revisiting. It's a fun game to simply finish once, then replaying it after knowing more is just SUCH A JOY! :) I seriously see it as equivalent in value to LoZ or perhaps slightly better than it.

Anyways, my list:

PH
ST
TP

Oh shoot! I already posted a top 3 here. [face_tongue] It sort of changed a little. Ha ha ha!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
1: The legend of zelda a link between worlds 2: Zelda II The adventure of link 3: The legend of zelda four swords GBA. My fourth is Twilight princess

Feb 11, 2011
Skyward sword

Zelda 1 as well but it can be forgiven since its the prototype but SS has no excuse.

Cant name a 3rd one, love the rest but I never played Zelda 2 and thats supposed to be the worst

FendrBendr

Hoodoo Operator
Feb 20, 2005
Universal Exports
Christ at the TP, OoT and MM hate. Especially TP... I mean opinions are to be held, but what the hell? Whatever.

From what I've witnessed in the past decade+, I'm guessing that AoL, SS, and Spirit Tracks will be the "three greatest Zeldas of all time" in another 5-7 years.

Jun 9, 2015
Let's see:

1. Zelda 2

2. The legend of Zelda

3. Four swords anniversary edition

(Keep in mind, I love all zeldas except for Zelda 2)

eeyore873

Star
Nov 24, 2002
Outside of the cutscenes, the games are fucking awful. A simple trip to Youtube is all you need to figure that one out.

3bqK9.gif
I await your counter-argument for why he is. Enlighten us to why the CDi Zeldas, what with their awful writing, stiff gameplay and nonexistent conveyance were actually quality experiences.
The only CD-i Zelda I've played is Link: Faces of Evil and I really enjoyed it. Not only is the game fun but I really like the hand drawn levels and the music is great! It feels a lot more like a Zelda game then Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Evil trains....sigh.

Last edited:

Twilight_Prince12

King of TL;DR
Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why are all these people listing PH and ST. There were good things about them, especially ST! Tsk, tsk.

Anyway, my worst 3 are:

3. Spirit Tracks
2. Adventure of Link
1. Phantom Hourglass

Jun 23, 2015
Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess and Four Swords. I actually loved Spirit Tracks definitely a huge improvement from Phantom Hourglass in my eyes and definitely among my 10 favourite games in the series.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2018
I see a hella lot of Twilight Princess and I can say that it is alright to have an opinion but I’m saying if you hate Twilight Princess you’re wrong.

As for me:
- Phantom Hourglass
- Spirit Tracks
- Zelda’s Adventure

D

Deleted member 96529916

Original poster
I'm with you until you get to Zelda 2. :( It's awesome.

DanielMazahreh

No Longer a Noob
Aug 12, 2017
My worst 3? Hard for me to list a 3rd one...

Phantom Hourglass
Skyward Sword

3rd would have to be either Twilight Princess or Spirit Tracks...I guess Spirit Tracks.

Congratulations, Twilight Princess. You finally surpassed the quality of Skyward Sword. ;) I still hate you.

Mar 7, 2015
I don't think there is any Zelda game worse than Skyward Sword. I haven't played all of them but 2nd would have to be Breath of the Wild and 3rd would be Four Swords Adventure.

Feb 9, 2011
1.Zelda II, for its asinine difficulty, which makes it unplayable, not to mention having awful dungeons.
2.SS, for being a complete chore to play, in addition to having crappy controls.
3.Tie between all the Capcom games, for being lazy rehashes. At least the DS games had creativity.

Last edited:

Deathstardom

No Longer a Noob
Jan 17, 2015
I am sad to imagine seeing AoL on either of the 3 worst. -_-

Honestly, AoL has a lot of amazing things that are always worth revisiting. It's a fun game to simply finish once, then replaying it after knowing more is just SUCH A JOY! :) I seriously see it as equivalent in value to LoZ or perhaps slightly better than it.

Anyways, my list:

PH
ST
TP

Oh shoot! I already posted a top 3 here. [face_tongue] It sort of changed a little. Ha ha ha!
The people who hate AOL can't beat it without a game genie and probably threw their controllers on the floor a lot in frustration.

The people who love it had the ability to beat games like Ninja Gaiden from reflexes and repetition muscle memory AND figure out puzzles like Zelda games without any walkthrough's.

Honestly LOZ second quest was harder. Took me like 9 years to beat that one with no walkthrough's and no help other than my hand drawn maps and notes. You had to bomb and burn every surface on the damn map to find stuff

Volvagia_slayer

Star
Jan 9, 2005
Honestly LOZ second quest was harder. Took me like 9 years to beat that one with no walkthrough's and no help other than my hand drawn maps and notes. You had to bomb and burn every surface on the damn map to find stuff
Agreed. LoZ's 2nd Quest is the definition of asinine difficulty. AoL is easy enough to power through. LoZ's 2nd Quest either requires you to use a walkthrough or requires you to tediously test the wall of every dungeon, and use almost all of your items on every screen in order to progress. It's just mind-numbing trial and error on top of extreme difficulty.