rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
200 plz (cause I need to see more than one Red Sox player on it)
They’ll have at least one more if I got that deep. I don’t think they’ll add more than three, though ... unless I weight names more heavily, in which case it could be four, with Brainer Bonaci making the cut.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
They’ll have at least one more if I got that deep. I don’t think they’ll add more than three, though ... unless I weight names more heavily, in which case it could be four, with Brainer Bonaci making the cut.

I mgiht have asked before but what about Noah Song? Would he be in the 200 despite the fact that he's gotta do two years of flight school for the Navy?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I mgiht have asked before but what about Noah Song? Would he be in the 200 despite the fact that he's gotta do two years of flight school for the Navy?
Song would have been in my consideration set for my top hundred if that wasn’t the case. I’m confident that he would have been, at worst, top 125. I have no idea how to handle him, though, as he won’t be facing any professional competition anytime soon, and there’s no real track record to rely too heavily upon.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Hudson Potts
Jeisson Rosario
Nick Pivetta
Connor Seabold

What can you tell me about these 4 that the Sox got?
I don’t really have new information to work with, so this is still based on 2019 and earlier.

Potts has big time power and enough glove to stick at third and fake it at second. His approach isn’t great, though, so he might be too much of an all or nothing guy to be a regular. I see him as a low end starter or solid bench piece.

Rosario has no power whatsoever, but he makes lots of contact, has lots of speed, and takes lots of walks. He could be a high average, high OBP guy if he’s not overpowered at the upper levels (that’s far from a given). And he’s average in CF.

Pivetta has decent stuff and decent command and control. He has been up and down in the majors because nothing about him is more than “good.” I think he can be a 4th starter if everything’s working, though.

Seabold has a great change up, so he’s kind of interesting. It might be a 70 grade offering. He was hurt for most of 2019, though, so it’s tough to really evaluate him further.