rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
So what should we expect from Kyler Murray if he does go play baseball like he said?
Murray is a bit more raw than you'd expect from a D1 college player, so his developmental curve might be closer to an elite high school player. That being said, he's an incredible athlete that profiles as a Gold Glove center fielder that can steal a ton of bases. He has a very quick bat at a decent approach, and above average raw power. His ability to actualize his tools into hard contact is the biggest question, as is often the case, but it feels a bit more questionable with him due to his age and lack of experience.

I think a realistic outcome is a plus defender in center that hits for moderate power and steals plenty of bases, but leaves you wanting a bit more in terms of contact and on base skills. Think a rich man's Kevin Pillar. But I think he has the all around talent to be an all star.

VyseTheFearless

King of the Rogues
Apr 22, 2009
Thoughts on Keston Hiura? With (rightfully so) declining Schoop's option and cutting our losses on that deal we have a hole at 2B. I know we're looking at a few options (hopefully we get Lowrie on a 1 or 2 year deal.)

It seems like he's been absolutely raking at every level he's played at...my guess is a call-up later on in the year for service time purposes?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Thoughts on Keston Hiura? With (rightfully so) declining Schoop's option and cutting our losses on that deal we have a hole at 2B. I know we're looking at a few options (hopefully we get Lowrie on a 1 or 2 year deal.)

It seems like he's been absolutely raking at every level he's played at...my guess is a call-up later on in the year for service time purposes?
I freaking love Hiura. He has tremendous bat speed, incredible barrel control, and a relatively compact, uncomplicated swing. Add in above-average raw power, and he's one of the best pure hitters in the minors. He's more of a line-drive hitter than a straight-up power hitter, so he may not actualize that raw power - but he'll hit 15 or 20 bombs, I think.

Defensively, he's fringe average at second. I think he's kind of limited by a middling arm and average athleticism, but he's not a liability there. That's what'll keep him in the minors a bit longer, though - trying to make sure he's capable of handling it regularly. I think he can, and I think he'll be up sometime this year.

VyseTheFearless

King of the Rogues
Apr 22, 2009

I freaking love Hiura. He has tremendous bat speed, incredible barrel control, and a relatively compact, uncomplicated swing. Add in above-average raw power, and he's one of the best pure hitters in the minors. He's more of a line-drive hitter than a straight-up power hitter, so he may not actualize that raw power - but he'll hit 15 or 20 bombs, I think.

Defensively, he's fringe average at second. I think he's kind of limited by a middling arm and average athleticism, but he's not a liability there. That's what'll keep him in the minors a bit longer, though - trying to make sure he's capable of handling it regularly. I think he can, and I think he'll be up sometime this year.

Sounds like a certain Brewers MVP I know...

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009

Sounds like a certain Brewers MVP I know...

And us Brewers fans know we could use consistent contact hitter on this team. Other than Yelich and Cain, our team is homerun or nothing and that was a pretty big problem for the Brewers, especially in the NLCS when they couldn't buy hit with RISP. And it was even worse when both Yelich and Cain went stone cold in the NLCS.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
For those of you that might be interested, I started my prospect research this week. I'm doing it division by division, with the goal of having a top hundred in mid January. I finished the NL East, and I'm currently working on the Central.
I finished the NL East and Central, and part of the West. Here's my top prospect for each team:
  • Braves - Austin Riley / Mike Soroka (tie)
  • Marlins - Isan Diaz
  • Mets - Andres Gimenez
  • Phillies - Sixto Sanchez
  • Nationals - Victor Robles
  • Cubs - Miguel Amaya
  • Reds - Nick Senzel
  • Brewers - Keston Hiura
  • Pirates - Ke'Bryan Hayes / Mitch Keller (tie)
  • Cardinals - Andrew Knizner
  • Diamondbacks - Jazz Chisholm
  • Rockies - Brendan Rodgers

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I'm finished with the National League, plus the AL East. My top prospects for each team as of now are:
  • Marlins - Isan Diaz
  • Mets - Andres Gimenez
  • Cubs - Miguel Amaya
  • Reds - Nick Senzel
  • Brewers - Keston Hiura
  • Dodgers - Dustin May
  • Padres - Fernando Tatis Jr.
  • Giants - Heliot Ramos
  • Orioles - Yusniel Diaz
  • Red Sox - Darwinzon Hernandez
  • Yankees - Anthony Seigler
  • Rays - Wander Franco
  • Blue Jays - Vladimir Guerrero Jr.

Balcor13

Super Star
Oct 12, 2003
Dustin May, interesting not who i was expecting it to be.

Any particular reason why?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Dustin May, interesting not who i was expecting it to be.

Any particular reason why?
He's basically the ideal combination of high-ceiling and high-floor; or at least as any starting pitcher can come to that, given how often injuries happen.

I see his fastball and curveball as legitimate plus offerings, and the cutter that he developed last off-season is surprisingly good already. He has very good control of all of his pitches, and solid command, too. And his gigantic build coupled with good mechanics makes him a good bet for durability. What's not to love?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I've now finished the National League, the AL East, and the AL Central. My top prospect(s) per team are:
  • Marlins - Isan Diaz
  • Mets - Andres Gimenez
  • Cubs - Miguel Amaya
  • Reds - Nick Senzel
  • Brewers - Keston Hiura
  • Dodgers - Dustin May
  • Giants - Heliot Ramos
  • Orioles - Yusniel Diaz
  • Rays - Wander Franco
  • White Sox - Eloy Jimenez
  • Indians - Triston McKenzie
  • Tigers - Casey Mize
  • Royals - Khalil Lee
  • Twins - Alex Kirilloff

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I'm curious why you picked Darwinzon Hernandez over Jay Groome. Did the latter's TJS hurt his stock?
A combination of poor command/control in 2017 and the injury held Groome back a bit, to be sure. But it's more of a reflection on how much I like Hernandez than that. Hernandez has a fantastic fastball and two very good breaking balls in his slider and curveball, and I'm in love with his ceiling. There's definitely some reliever risk here, as his mechanics are inconsistent - but a guy with that kind of stuff is basically my weakness.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Alright, so I finished my team reviews. Here's the final list of my top prospect(s) per team:
  • Marlins - Isan Diaz
  • Mets - Andres Gimenez
  • Cubs - Miguel Amaya
  • Reds - Nick Senzel
  • Brewers - Keston Hiura
  • Dodgers - Dustin May
  • Giants - Heliot Ramos
  • Orioles - Yusniel Diaz
  • Rays - Wander Franco
  • White Sox - Eloy Jimenez
  • Indians - Triston McKenzie
  • Tigers - Casey Mize
  • Royals - Khalil Lee
  • Twins - Alex Kirilloff
  • Astros - Kyle Tucker
  • Angels - Jo Adell
  • A's - Jesus Luzardo
  • Mariners - Jarred Kelenic
  • Rangers - Cole Winn
I also have a fairly extensive consideration set for my top-ish list that I'm hoping to parse by the end of the month. It's somewhat subject to change, but I don't think anyone that's not here will make the list. Here's that set in team order (Arizona, Atlanta, etc):
  1. Jazz Chisholm
  2. Jon Duplantier
  3. Daulton Varsho
  4. Kristian Robinson
  5. Mike Soroka
  6. Ian Anderson
  7. Toukie Toussaint
  8. Kyle Wright
  9. Austin Riley
  10. Kolby Allard
  11. Cristian Pache
  12. Luiz Gohara
  13. Bryse Wilson
  14. Yusniel Diaz
  15. Ryan Mountcastle
  16. DL Hall
  17. Darwinzon Hernandez
  18. Bobby Dalbec
  19. Jay Groome
  20. Michael Chavis
  21. Miguel Amaya
  22. Nico Hoerner
  23. Aramis Ademan
  24. Eloy Jimenez
  25. Nick Madrigal
  26. Michael Kopech
  27. Luis Robert
  28. Dylan Cease
  29. Luis Alexander Basabe
  30. Nick Senzel
  31. Taylor Trammell
  32. Hunter Greene
  33. Jonathan India
  34. Shed Long
  35. Triston McKenzie
  36. Nolan Jones
  37. Tyler Freeman
  38. Brendan Rodgers
  39. Colton Welker
  40. Riley Pint
  41. Casey Mize
  42. Matt Manning
  43. Kyle Tucker
  44. Forrest Whitley
  45. Josh James
  46. Khalil Lee
  47. Seuly Matias
  48. Brady Singer
  49. Griffin Canning
  50. Brandon Marsh
  51. Dustin May
  52. Alex Verdugo
  53. Gavin Lux
  54. Keibert Ruiz
  55. Isan Diaz
  56. Sandy Alcantara
  57. Victor Victor Mesa
  58. Monte Harrison
  59. Keston Hiura
  60. Corey Ray
  61. Alex Kirilloff
  62. Royce Lewis
  63. Brusdar Graterol
  64. Andres Gimenez
  65. Peter Alonso
  66. Shervyen Newton
  67. Mark Vientos
  68. Anthony Seigler
  69. Everson Pereira
  70. Estevan Florial
  71. Deivi Garcia
  72. Jesus Luzardo
  73. AJ Puk
  74. Kyler Murray
  75. Sean Murphy
  76. Sixto Sanchez
  77. Adonis Medina
  78. Alec Bohm
  79. Luis Garcia
  80. Spencer Howard
  81. Ke'Bryan Hayes
  82. Mitch Keller
  83. Oneil Cruz
  84. Travis Swaggerty
  85. Fernando Tatis Jr.
  86. MacKenzie Gore
  87. Francisco Mejia
  88. Luis Urias
  89. Chris Paddack
  90. Adrian Morejon
  91. Luis Patino
  92. Hudson Potts
  93. Jacob Nix
  94. Heliot Ramos
  95. Joey Bart
  96. Sean Hjelle
  97. Andrew Knizner
  98. Alex Reyes
  99. Nolan Gorman
  100. Jarred Kelenic
  101. Justin Dunn
  102. Justus Sheffield
  103. Wander Franco
  104. Brent Honeywell
  105. Brendan McKay
  106. Ronaldo Hernandez
  107. Jesus Sanchez
  108. Cole Winn
  109. Leody Taveras
  110. Taylor Hearn
  111. Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
  112. Bo Bichette
  113. Danny Jansen
  114. Nate Pearson
  115. Kevin Smith
  116. Eric Pardinho
  117. Victor Robles
  118. Carter Kieboom
  119. Luis Garcia

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I started putting together my top-100, but I hit a snag that I can best describe as general laziness. However, I did get up to a top-28 ... so I'll share that for now.
  1. Fernando Tatis, Jr. - Padres - SS
  2. Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. - Blue Jays - "3B"
  3. Wander Franco - Rays - SS
  4. Jo Adell - Angels - CF
  5. Eloy Jimenez - White Sox - LF/RF
  6. Jesus Luzardo - A's - LHP
  7. Victor Robles - Nationals - CF
  8. Nick Senzel - Reds - 2B/3B
  9. Sixto Sanchez - Phillies - RHP
  10. Kyle Tucker - Astros - LF/RF
  11. Forrest Whitley - Astros - RHP
  12. Bo Bichette - Blue Jays - SS
  13. Alex Kiriloff - Twins - RF
  14. Royce Lewis - Twins - SS
  15. Ke'Bryan Hayes - Pirates - 3B
  16. MacKenzie Gore - Padres - LHP
  17. Mitch Keller - Pirates - RHP
  18. Brendan McKay - Rays - 1B/LHP
  19. Keston Hiura - Brewers - 2B
  20. Dustin May - Dodgers - RHP
  21. Taylor Trammell - Reds - CF
  22. Brendan Rodgers - Rockies - SS
  23. Alex Verduo - Dodgers - OF
  24. Mike Soroka - Braves - RHP
  25. Casey Mize - Tigers - RHP
  26. Triston McKenzie - Indians - RHP
  27. Austin Riley - Braves - 3B
  28. Dylan Cease - White Sox - RHP

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Vlad Jr not at #1, that hot takeeeeee
I talked with [URL='https://www.ign.com/boards/members/mrmvp91.2822616/']@MrMVP91[/URL] about this recently. This is, to me, not all that dissimilar from the Miguel Cabrera vs. Mike Trout MVP debates. It might be something like Cabrera vs. Lindor, though.

I think Guerrero is going to be an amazing hitter. He'll hit, he'll hit for power, he won't strike out much, and he'll take his walks. However, he has negative or zero defensive value. Tatis won't be as good a hitter, but he won't be that far off. Add in much better base-running and good defense at short, and his all-around value should be higher.

ALayton90

No Longer a Noob
Dec 27, 2017
Tucker over Whitley? Curious of your reasoning on that, if you don't mind me asking. Also, thoughts on Whitley? Any chance hes in the back end of our rotation Opening Day or you think we hold off on him til later?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Tucker over Whitley? Curious of your reasoning on that, if you don't mind me asking. Also, thoughts on Whitley? Any chance hes in the back end of our rotation Opening Day or you think we hold off on him til later?
The difference between the two is negligible. I prefer position players to pitchers in that situation for the simple fact that pitchers get hurt far more often.

That being said, I think Tucker is a fantastic hitter. Plus hit tool, plus power to all fields, average to above average plate discipline, and simple, repeatable setting mechanics make him a potential middle of the order slugger. I don't think he'll be more than an average defender in right - but he doesn't have to be anything else.

And Whitley had two injuries last year and has had some conditioning concerns, and his big frame makes for wonky mechanics at times. His stuff is so damn good that it doesn't hold him down too much - but it's something to keep in mind. He'll be ready for the majors sometime this year. Breaking camp in the Astros rotation might be a big ask, though. He only threw 50 some odd innings last year.

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
i don't know if this is just a tapatalk thing or what, but your list starts at #120 for me

so i have to say that it is bold for luis robert to occupy spots 1-119, but i applaud it and agree with it

Sent from my Calcucorn using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
i don't know if this is just a tapatalk thing or what, but your list starts at #120 for me

so i have to say that it is bold for luis robert to occupy spots 1-119, but i applaud it and agree with it

It's a tapatalk thing, unfortunately. And it's really annoying. That being said, he'll make the cut when I find the motivation to finish up the rest of the list.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
What do you think about Austin Riley's potential to play outfield?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
What do you think about Austin Riley's potential to play outfield?
I think it's a waste of his abilities at third base, where he's worked incredibly hard to go from awful to somewhere between acceptable and average. In terms of the outfield, he has the arm for right. I don't know that he has anything else, though. He's not particularly fast, and he's never played a position other than third as a professional.

I get why they're talking about it, but it's difficult to see it as a smooth transition. It's a great way to manipulate his service time, though - holding him back to learn a new position. And we know teams are all about that.

TWownsU

Star
Feb 19, 2008
I traded for Keibert Ruiz in my salary dynasty league that Ive referenced. Moved 1yr of Votto and 2yrs of Jesse Winker for 2yrs of Dan Murphy, 4yrs Dansby Swanson (salary dump; cost covered by him if/when i drop him), and Ruiz. Got him from the Dodgers homer in the league so im slightly concerned, but he does have Realmuto.

Easy top 100, seeing him around the 50s iirc. Any special thoughts about him?

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I traded for Keibert Ruiz in my salary dynasty league that Ive referenced. Moved 1yr of Votto and 2yrs of Jesse Winker for 2yrs of Dan Murphy, 4yrs Dansby Swanson (salary dump; cost covered by him if/when i drop him), and Ruiz. Got him from the Dodgers homer in the league so im slightly concerned, but he does have Realmuto.

Easy top 100, seeing him around the 50s iirc. Any special thoughts about him?
I'll have him in the 35 to 50 range, I think. He's incredibly polished for a 20-year-old catcher, and he's very close to the majors, to boot (he'll be up sometime this year). I don't think his swing is geared for big-time power as it stands, but he's patient and has a plus hit tool, so I think he'll hit for average and modest power from jump. I have him, Bart, and Mejia as a toss-up for best catching prospect.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Alright, keeping this moving - my top-28 is now a top-50:
  1. Fernando Tatis, Jr. - Padres - SS
  2. Vladimir Guerrero, Jr. - Blue Jays - "3B"
  3. Wander Franco - Rays - SS
  4. Jo Adell - Angels - CF
  5. Eloy Jimenez - White Sox - LF/RF
  6. Jesus Luzardo - A's - LHP
  7. Victor Robles - Nationals - CF
  8. Nick Senzel - Reds - 2B/3B
  9. Sixto Sanchez - Phillies - RHP
  10. Kyle Tucker - Astros - LF/RF
  11. Forrest Whitley - Astros - RHP
  12. Bo Bichette - Blue Jays - SS
  13. Alex Kiriloff - Twins - RF
  14. Royce Lewis - Twins - SS
  15. Ke'Bryan Hayes - Pirates - 3B
  16. MacKenzie Gore - Padres - LHP
  17. Mitch Keller - Pirates - RHP
  18. Brendan McKay - Rays - 1B/LHP
  19. Keston Hiura - Brewers - 2B
  20. Dustin May - Dodgers - RHP
  21. Taylor Trammell - Reds - CF
  22. Brendan Rodgers - Rockies - SS
  23. Alex Verduo - Dodgers - OF
  24. Mike Soroka - Braves - RHP
  25. Casey Mize - Tigers - RHP
  26. Triston McKenzie - Indians - RHP
  27. Austin Riley - Braves - 3B
  28. Dylan Cease - White Sox - RHP
  29. Cristian Pache - Braves - CF
  30. Luis Urias - Padres - 2B
  31. Ian Anderson - Braves - RHP
  32. Kyle Wright - Braves - RHP
  33. Carter Kieboom - Nationals - SS
  34. Jazz Chisholm - Diamondbacks - SS
  35. Griffin Canning - Angels - RHP
  36. Justus Sheffield - LHP - Mariners
  37. Joey Bart - C - Giants
  38. Andres Gimenez - SS - Mets
  39. Francisco Mejia - C - Padres
  40. Nate Pearson - RHP - Blue Jays
  41. Bryse Wilson - RHP - Braves
  42. Keibert Ruiz - C - Dodgers
  43. Jonathan India - 3B - Reds
  44. Luis Robert - CF - White Sox
  45. Jarred Kelenic - OF - Mariners
  46. Hans Crouse - RHP - Rangers
  47. Gavin Lux - SS - Dodgers
  48. Brusdar Graterol - RPH - Twins
  49. Luis Garcia - SS - Nationals
  50. Josh James - RHP - Astros

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Doesn't see any Red Sox players in the Top 50

Sad face.
They're probably going to be shut out. But, given that they're the reigning World Series champs and still have a great team, I don't think you need to be all that worried.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Doesn't see any Red Sox players in the Top 50

Sad face.
They're probably going to be shut out. But, given that they're the reigning World Series champs and still have a great team, I don't think you need to be all that worried.

Reigning
Defending
Undisputed
Champs.

Nah I know gutting the farm a bit brought us the title. I'm just used to the BoSox having a good farm system

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
sixto sanchez is a fraud

1. he's not even 6'2"
2. he's not a position player, meaning he can't have the dope nickname "sixtools"
3. he wasn't born on june 2nd
sixto the fraud coward antonio alfonseca wannabe is traded alongside jorge alfaro for jt realmuto

MVP_21Cubs

Star
Jul 23, 2004
Who are one under the radar guys (by non prospect hounds) that will show up on top 100 lists that weren’t on there last year? Preferably players who weren’t drafted last year.

I'm stealing this post and applying it to 2019. Interested in seeing who you may think has a chance of breaking out and shooting up the top prospect ladder.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
Who are one under the radar guys (by non prospect hounds) that will show up on top 100 lists that weren’t on there last year? Preferably players who weren’t drafted last year.

I'm stealing this post and applying it to 2019. Interested in seeing who you may think has a chance of breaking out and shooting up the top prospect ladder.
Brayan Rocchio, SS - Cleveland

Rocchio turned 18 in January, but he's one of the more advanced players in the team's system. He's a lock to stick at shortstop, in my mind, and he has plus or better bat-to-ball skills, speed, and bat speed. And, while he doesn't have a ton of power at present, he barrels the ball consistently and should hit double-digit home runs (especially with the current ball). He's a few years away, but I could see him exploding this year.

Brandon Marsh, CF - Los Angeles Angels

He'll spend all of this season at 21, and is one of the best athletes in the entirety of the minors. He profiles as a Gold Glover center fielder, with tons of range and a cannon arm, and he has above-average raw power that he's slowly but surely tapping into. Marsh does have some swing and miss in his game, but he has a quick bat and a good idea of the strike zone, so that should improve with experience.

Jhoan Duran, RHP - Minnesota

Duran is a big (6'5", 200-plus pounds) righty that throws a high-90s four-seamer, a high-70s curve, and a disgustingly effective low-90s sinker/splitter hybrid. It took him a few years to make it to full-season ball, but his combination of high-end stuff and average command/control should help him pick up the pace now that he's had a taste of more serious competition.

Shervyen Newton, SS - New York Mets

Who doesn't like a 6'4", 180 pound uber-athletic shortstop with a plus (or plus-plus) arm and plus raw power? Newton's a rock-solid shortstop right now, and he has all of the tools to be a brilliant third baseman should he outgrow the position. And his power and damn good approach at the plate should help to mitigate his fringe-average to average hit tool.

Oneil Cruz, SS - Pittsburgh

You can take what I said about Newton and apply most of it here ... though, Cruz is a ludicrous 6'6" and is more likely to have to shift to the hot corner as he fills out based on simple biomechanics. Though, interestingly enough he's a bit more athletic than Newton as of now, and I could see him moving to center field instead. Or, if you're feeling frisky, he might bely his size and stick at short - stranger things have happened, right?

Buddy Reed, OF - San Diego

Reed is a premiere athlete, with plus or better speed, defense, and base-running, and legit raw power. He re-worked his entire swing in the 2017-18 off-season, and it paid dividends as he raked at High-A for three quarters of the season. He scuffled a bit at Double-A, but Reed has so much raw talent that he's a safe bet to adjust. His hit tool might not be more than average, but it's not hard to see a floor of Kevin Pillar.

Ronny Henriquez, RHP - Texas

The 18-year-old Henriquez has yet to pitch above short-season ball, but he has the sort of one-two punch that can help him move quickly once he comes stateside this season. He has a high-90s fastball that he throws with ease, and his low-80s curveball is simply ridiculous. It has a high spin rate and he commands it far better than you'd expect. He has a ways to go, but it's a great starter kit.

Israel Pineda, C - Washington

Pineda is way more advanced defensively than most 18 year old catchers, and he probably isn't more than a year away from being ready for the show behind the plate. At the plate is something of a different story, but his hit tool, power, and approach are all at least average, and I think he has the profile of an above-average regular. Given the dearth of legit catching options around the majors and minors, that's a damn good profile.

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
i believe it is once again time for me to sing the praises of the consensus number one prospect in baseball, luis robert

.524/.583/1.190, 368 wRC+, 4 HRs and 3 SBs

don't think he'll be spending much more time in A+

MVP_21Cubs

Star
Jul 23, 2004
I'm going to go to the South Atlantic League All-Star game next month. Any prospects I should be excited about watching? Home run derby is that night as well.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I'm going to go to the South Atlantic League All-Star game next month. Any prospects I should be excited about watching? Home run derby is that night as well.
Have the rosters been announced yet?

On the position player side, Jarred Kellenic of the Mariners is the best prospect in the league. Mark Vientos and Ronny Mauricio are both top hundred types, too - but both have been more solid than great thus far.

Cole Winn was maybe the top pitching prospect in the league heading into the year, but he was hurt and he's struggled. I can't see him being there. That leaves Grayson Rodriguez as the best pitching prospect that you should see there, as he's been dominant. Him or Hans Crouse.

MVP_21Cubs

Star
Jul 23, 2004
Have the rosters been announced yet?

On the position player side, Jarred Kellenic of the Mariners is the best prospect in the league. Mark Vientos and Ronny Mauricio are both top hundred types, too - but both have been more solid than great thus far.

Cole Winn was maybe the top pitching prospect in the league heading into the year, but he was hurt and he's struggled. I can't see him being there. That leaves Grayson Rodriguez as the best pitching prospect that you should see there, as he's been dominant. Him or Hans Crouse.

I don't think they've been announced yet, just was wanting to know some names to keep an eye out for in the event they make the roster. I watched Kellenic play last night, was fairly impressed with his approach at the plate.

rocknrollsisyphus

★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
I don't think they've been announced yet, just was wanting to know some names to keep an eye out for in the event they make the roster. I watched Kellenic play last night, was fairly impressed with his approach at the plate.
Kellenic is definitely impressive. Everyone talked about his raw tools and general athleticism when the trade went down, but it seems like most overlooked just how advanced he was at the plate relative to his age.

Balcor13

Super Star
Oct 12, 2003
Can't wait for the Wil Smith/Keibert Ruiz Dodger catching duo to be up in the Majors next year

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
still a little bit low on the consensus #1 prospect in baseball, but we're getting there

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

lmao an acuna-pache-waters OF about to dominate for a decade

+ riley/swanson/albies/freeman infield

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004
maybe i was wrong this entire time and alcides escobar is the best prospect in baseball