theIrategamer

No Longer a Noob
Oct 16, 2010
Pernambuco
the hopes of finishing through the fire and flames 100 on expert have ceased to exist,now go do something like play halo or take out your old videogames and play them

razzo182

Noob
Mar 2, 2010
Activision absolutely milking a franchise for all its worth, anybody see a similar pattern in todays market?

Dec 3, 2007
Good freaking riddance. I hate those damn games anyway. Most boring things ever. If I want to listen to music, I'll just freaking listen to it. I do not want to flip a paddle and hit colorful keys to a stupid pattern.

Poohunterr

Noob
Mar 14, 2011
Finally guitar hero is gone!! I hate that game!!! I liked rock band much better, and really, guitar hero just stole rock bands Idea of the mic and drums and just amped it up to make it look better.

Oct 5, 2008
I've never been a fan of the series, but I'm surprised they've called it a day. The timeline tells the story though doesn't it. Milked whilst it was hot and layed to slaughter once they'd taken it far as they could.

cyborgj

Noob
Sep 17, 2010
classic activision. take a series that was once good and then mass produce sequels until the entire series has been run into the ground

Sep 30, 2005
I like RockBand's download selections better, but I wish now they would incorporate some of the play style of GH. GH implemented holding one note while playing others, etc and the gameplay just feels more stylized. RockBand is largely about playing fast. Even Smash Hits gets a bad rap for taking past songs & selling it full price, but what those who never played it don't realize is all the fingerings were updated & different, making all those original songs even more fun to play, besides adding the additional instruments that you could never play with the early games/songs. I even applaud the efforts of WOR for trying something different with all the crazy powerups while holding true to the play style. I will keep enjoying RockBand especially for the drumming (which has always been far superior) but I will miss the guitar style and charts of GH.

Baron656

Noob
Mar 20, 2011
People probably are just starting to realize that if you play the real guitar you don't have to play stuff like Aerosmith.

JDFinch80

Noob
Mar 22, 2011
So glad that it will no longer be around. Guitar Hero was Guitar Dud from the word go. If people would have only taken a little time and learn how to play a real guitar.

Jul 30, 2008
I remember the first time I played any hero game... it was keyboard hero, the free rip off for the computer that had you hold your keyboard like a guitar. f1-f5 were your frets, and enter strummed. It was great.

Only one I bought was #3. Liked it, not enough to give it another go.

cjcollard

Noob
Apr 18, 2008
All peripheral based games have limited lives... DK drums, DDR, Rock Band, GH, even old school games that used the superscope on SNES...

TamHam

Lord Scotland
Jun 10, 2008
From what i remember Activision had IGN in their back pockets when it came to Guitar Hero. Can anyone else remember this site had a dedicated area to rhythm games but they only showcased the Guitar Hero?

ajj7878

Noob
Mar 31, 2011
they shoulda stopped at GH2. that was the last good GH game i played. it was all down hill from there

SensFan101

Rock Band Board Minister of Foreign Affairs
Apr 1, 2007
ajj7878 said:
they shoulda stopped at GH2. that was the last good GH game i played. it was all down hill from there

The original developers did quit after 2.

P912

Noob
Mar 5, 2011
In a few years, they'll probably be writing a similar article called The Life and Death of Call of Duty.

Apr 3, 2011
come on people, guitar hero aint that bad, they shouldve just made 1 guitar hero game and have it updated once in a while.. adding new songs etc. this is just overkill

twistsanny

Noob
Jun 2, 2007
I still love guitar hero,
Why so angry at guitar hero, I hate Activision too but thats why I buy all Activision games second hand

stevebrownrocks

Rockband Boards Vice-President
Oct 30, 2007
The Edge of The Abyss
WhatDoYouCare19 said:
who cares, guitar hero (and any other games associated with it) sucked!

Yeah, but what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?what do you care?

Jan 31, 2009
Zerothe said:
I came in at 2 and loved it. Didn't even care for the songs not being done by the original artists. 3 came out and loved it as well but the boss battles weren't as cool as I thought they might be. With so many now and RB being better. By 4 I was starting to not finish the games because the song lists were getting bad. I had more fun with VanHalen GH then Metallica one, can't believe I said that but it's true. Beatles being the pinnacle for me has been downhill ever since. The only thing they serve as now are getting new songs that I haven't heard that I end up liking. Metric's Combat being the latest.

So glad its over. I hated how 2 did so many covers vs the orginal artists. Like Killing in the name. I loved the boss battles in 3 espessially Tom Morello and the Slash one.

RB is better. RB got me into real guitar and I write music all the time now,I don't care about GH or RB now cause I don't get the same ''Climbers high'' anymore.

19 games in 5 years is awful. RB had 5 games since 07'

Now I want COD to die.