angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
In another couple months this board should be booming. Just like the 'good ole days" :)

So what's everyone gaming on until then?

D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
In another couple months this board should be booming. Just like the 'good ole days" :)

So what's everyone gaming on until then?
I surely hope the launch goes well. Until then I'll be playing random strategy games.

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
I haven't played much lately. I've played The Walking Dead Season 2, and the season finale for it comes out this Tuesday.

I'm also looking forward to Borderlands the Presequel.

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006
Angie! [face_hugs]

I'm pretty hyped for DAI. Doesn't help that it's released before the day I have final exams tho.

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006
I'll trust you to read them all and then distill all the relevant points for me.

Thanks babe.

D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
I'll start with the Kotaku ones.

"No Pansexual Transpecies Intraagendered Romances In Bioware's Latest Title. Do They Hate Progression?"

Some_Random_Aussie

Vanguard of Thread Destruction
Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot
Do I have to play Dragon Age 2 in order to follow the story in Inquistion?

You wont recognise like...two characters.

Varric and Cassandra.

Once upon a time there was this Ferelden refugee called Hawke, no one really really knows what they looked like, or if they were male or female, but they ran to Kirkwall and trolled the mages and templars there and returned people's stuff to them that they'd inexplicably lost in ancient dwarven ruins for 6 years. Then they randomly managed to help blow stuff up and now everyone thinks the war is all their fault. Hawke, The Champion of Kirkwall and the greatest troll in Thedas.

The end.

There, now you can follow Inquisition.

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
Do I have to play Dragon Age 2 in order to follow the story in Inquistion?

Playing Dragon Age 2 doesn't even help to follow the story of Dragon Age 2.

lol, aside from the recycled environments, 3 acts with seemingly unrelated storylines, a horrible version of Anders, and crappy romances with no real involvement .. I really liked Dragon Age 2! :)

Last edited:

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
All kidding aside, I really did like Dragon Age 2. I hated Izzy,though and rarely used her in my party. I just couldn't get over how drastically they changed her appearance..lol

The skill trees were much improved upon in DA2.

Some_Random_Aussie

Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot
I liked the Isabella romance arc though!

I actually played through DA2 recently and enjoyed it for the most part. It was some good fun.

Agreed. I liked her romance the best.
I hated Izzy,though and rarely used her in my party. I just couldn't get over how drastically they changed her appearance..lol
Probably one of the reasons why I loathed Merrill in DA2

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006
You missed out on some of the best banter then! Isabella and, well, everyone was great. Especially her interactions with Aveline. She was one of my favourites but it was a great bunch of characters. Anders did frustrate me though with how obnoxious he was.

Give her a chance, Angie!

Yeah, the skill trees were much better. If only the combat matched instead of the random waves.

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006
D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
I liked the Isabella romance arc though!

I actually played through DA2 recently and enjoyed it for the most part. It was some good fun.

Me too. It looks like they've got an elven edition of her archetype rolling around in the next installment.

Hopefully, this game's Aveline wont... wont... [face_cry]

D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
Yeah, go take a trip to BSN one day and see what it's like or read those confessionals you see posted around.

When new titles drop and we get the floaters in, we get a lot of people asking for more explicit sex scenes and deeper romances not realizing that the cuddling option in ME2 is one of the most awkward gaming experiences I've had in an unmodded game.

Also, I've had an unused image of Isabella with a mustache that I've always wanted to use as an icon.

Last edited by a moderator:

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
Isabella and duelist Hawke actually make a great pair. Makes your tank's life easier as they distract heroes and take reduced damage and deal absurd amounts of single target dps making it easy to kill elites.

Also playing roag Hawke means you didn't have Carver around to fall on the wrong side of the line dividing "character with different motives than you" and "sniveling assclown".

Some_Random_Aussie

Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot
Isabella and duelist Hawke actually make a great pair. Makes your tank's life easier as they distract heroes and take reduced damage and deal absurd amounts of single target dps making it easy to kill elites.

Also playing roag Hawke means you didn't have Carver around to fall on the wrong side of the line dividing "character with different motives than you" and "sniveling assclown".

Its a rogue build without the archery tree. It ends up so powerful Hawke is basically wielding a machine gun.

D

deleted-1891375

Original poster
Anyone else having that "let's see if the storytelling is as bad as I remember for the 3rd time" urge?

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
I'm thinking I need to do a run through the whole thing again...

Origins, Awakening & DA II

angiek76

Almost Not a Noob
May 26, 2009
I had forgotten about Dagna. I just want Alistair! Annnnndddddd I think he might come back- if not just for a cameo- because I saw something from Bioware's Twitter page about the guy that does his voice in the studio..

I'm hoping anyway!

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006
Yeah, Alistair's coming back. Hopefully he and Morrigan get to exchange a few words and remind me of old times. <3

I think the only DAO romance confirmed to not be making an appearance is Zevran.

Some_Random_Aussie

Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot
Yeah, Alistair's coming back. Hopefully he and Morrigan get to exchange a few words and remind me of old times. <3

I think the only DAO romance confirmed to not be making an appearance is Zevran.

I think Bioware just thought "Fine! Screw you. He's dead in Inquisition" after all the fuss over his magical resurrection in DA2

Astus_01

Embrace eternity.
Mar 26, 2006

I think Bioware just thought "Fine! Screw you. He's dead in Inquisition" after all the fuss over his magical resurrection in DA2
Leliana's case was much more controversial, lol.

Zev was due to a bug and people got over it. Leliana... not so much.

Some_Random_Aussie

Sep 28, 2008
Castle Spamalot

Leliana's case was much more controversial, lol.

Zev was due to a bug and people got over it. Leliana... not so much.

The maker likes whores, thieves, liars, charlatans and assassins...as long as they're female.