ChaosAptom

The N00b Killer Returns
May 15, 2006
Well this board is essentially dead now. I think we all know why and I am not surprised at all this happened.

I don't think this board will see regular activity again until at the very least another DMC game is announced.

hanzo661

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 2, 2005
What was that last game? Looked Dynasty Warriors-ish.

Sengoku Basara 3, or Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes.

The combat is pretty awesome for a Dynasty Warriors ripoff. All the characters play fairly differently and are all pretty fun to play as. Still, compared to a Koei game the stages are somewhat less interesting in that while in an (X) Warriors game there's at least objectives to complete in a stage it's always a straightforward "Get from Point A to Point B" fight. There's also not enough enemies in a group (unless you're in the "Intrusion at Sekigahara" stage) to really feel like you're a true one-man army. Then again, this is likely because the game was also made for the Wii. Since the next game is going to be made for the Wii-U and PS3, things might change.

Also, currently watching Kill La Kill as well. I'm diggin' it.

Greyfox802

Noob
Sep 19, 2005
I also got a beta invite. Almost killed 2 bosses in the 2-ish hour window.

Kill La Kill is next on my list. I will start it soon.

Upyours192

Beware the Jabberwock, my son.
Apr 26, 2004
Anyone here play the rogue-esque FPS Paranautical Activity? If so, how is it?

hanzo661

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 2, 2005
Evidently it's to be shown in theaters.

I find it amusing that Norio Wakamoto is now Baldur since Baldur was one of the most Fabulous motherfuckers I've seen in games.

Still, I really dig that theme.

On other notes, two games I've been following with attention are Sengoku Basara 4 and Drakengard 3. I really like how the dragon in Drakengard 3 has the voice of a little kid. The video I saw had everyone going all "Kawaii~" over it as it torched up soldiers:
(Sorry for the low quality. It was taken from a Nico Nico stream)

Also, currently I seem to be having some problems with my PS3 with my Audio/Visual. Sound plays during the menu but nothing shows up on the TV. The inverse happens when I'm actually playing games. Thought it might be my machine or my HDMI cables, but I got the former checked and changed the latter and nothing's changed.

Dave..1988

Who the hell do you think I am!?
Mar 26, 2007
Well, the shitstain know as Donte may Cry is as of today free if you're an European PSN+ subscriber.

Anyone know if an installed Bloody Palace is available from the get go? I can't stomach the story mode of Donte may Cry for more than 20 minutes so having access to a bullshit-free mode from the start would be nice.

Last edited:

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Well, the shitstain know as Donte may Cry is as of today free if you're an European PSN+ subscriber.

Anyone know if an installed Bloody Palace is available from the get go? I can't stomach the story mode of Donte may Cry for more than 20 minutes so having access to a bullshit-free mode from the start would be nice.
I honestly don't know; I didn't keep the game around long enough to do anything with Bloody Palace.

However, the wiki seems to suggest that you have to beat the main story at least once before you get access to it, so looks like a no go there.

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
You have to pass the trial of wisdom in order to join the DMC board.

Firstly, identify which of the following pictures below is Dante:

images

5skzwq4pj7lrhf6vdb2.png

xkx4j0ajiogxfwzsufm3.png

Just kidding. [face_tongue]

Welcome to the board!

kristijanEX

The Holy Knight
Jul 27, 2013
You have to pass the trial of wisdom in order to join the DMC board.

Firstly, identify which of the following pictures below is Dante:

images

5skzwq4pj7lrhf6vdb2.png

xkx4j0ajiogxfwzsufm3.png

Just kidding. [face_tongue]

Welcome to the board!

Thanks [face_tongue] !

Also if you still want to know.
1. Dante
2. Lesbian
3. Still better than new Dante

kristijanEX

The Holy Knight
Jul 27, 2013
And here's Masamune's new Dante costume with six Alastors.

I remember back in the good old days when I made a thread about the DMC weapons being featured in the first game :(

Looks good, who wants Kamiya to make DMC5 (original franchise) that would be perfect, also some fans of the OG series did ask him if him and Platinum Games will make it, they said if Capcom let's them. Any hope for this, I heard that Ninja Theory is becoming a mobile developer or will be partially a mobile dev. Also DmC didn't fill the hopes up for either Capcom and Ninja Theory and they were multiplatform with this game (1.2 million copies). While the first multiplatform game, DMC4 sold 2.8 million copies. Let's look at the rest. DMC3 sold 4.5 million copies (incl. Special Edition), DMC2 sold 1.9 million copies and many people though it was a bad game, then what is DmC ? Also DMC1 sold 3 million copies. Any hopes up yet ?

soan_sabishi

Just That One Guy
Nov 22, 2003
I completely forgot about this board for awhile. Doesn't look like I've missed much. I really haven't played DmC fully, but I have watched Kill la Kill. Great stuff.

kristijanEX

The Holy Knight
Jul 27, 2013
Do you guys think Kamiya will do a DMC5 game ? From the original series, maybe another prequel before DMC3 or something to continue to story from DMC2. Anyone ???

kristijanEX

The Holy Knight
Jul 27, 2013
Do you guys think Kamiya will do a DMC5 game ? From the original series, maybe another prequel before DMC3 or something to continue to story from DMC2. Anyone ???
I seriously doubt it. More than anything I don't think Capcom would be willing to turn the reins over to him again.

They should look at the best sales/money for the game and DMC3 + DMC3 Special Edition sold 5 million units at least, I didn't account the terrible PC port and the HD remakes, so that's number is probably bigger now. I hope they Ultimate HD Remaster it on PC because RE4 and DMC3 were both terrible PC ports.... Still Capcom will go bankrupt who will take over : Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry ....

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
I seriously doubt it. More than anything I don't think Capcom would be willing to turn the reins over to him again.

They should look at the best sales/money for the game and DMC3 + DMC3 Special Edition sold 5 million units at least, I didn't account the terrible PC port and the HD remakes, so that's number is probably bigger now. I hope they Ultimate HD Remaster it on PC because RE4 and DMC3 were both terrible PC ports.... Still Capcom will go bankrupt who will take over : Street Fighter, Mega Man, Devil May Cry ....
Well, I'm not sure what exactly the DMC3 argument has to do with picking Kamiya. All Kamiya directed was the original Devil May Cry; Itsuno was responsible for 2, 3, and 4.

Not to say that Kamiya shouldn't develop DMC5 if it comes out, I'd love for him to. But Capcom somewhat unceremoniously kicked him off Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami, as well as shutting down the studio he was leading at the time. Capcom's shafted him at so many points that I honestly can't imagine them turning back to him and saying "Hey, sorry about all that crap we gave you back then, can you please help us now?" Admitting that they were wrong isn't really something Capcom does routinely.

kristijanEX

The Holy Knight
Jul 27, 2013

Well, I'm not sure what exactly the DMC3 argument has to do with picking Kamiya. All Kamiya directed was the original Devil May Cry; Itsuno was responsible for 2, 3, and 4.

Not to say that Kamiya shouldn't develop DMC5 if it comes out, I'd love for him to. But Capcom somewhat unceremoniously kicked him off Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, and Okami, as well as shutting down the studio he was leading at the time. Capcom's shafted him at so many points that I honestly can't imagine them turning back to him and saying "Hey, sorry about all that crap we gave you back then, can you please help us now?" Admitting that they were wrong isn't really something Capcom does routinely.

I don't care then, but seems like Capcom's too harsh towards a great dev I liked all those games except Viewtiful Joe I didn't try it yet.... Anyways maybe then Itsuno, I heard that Ninja Theory's going mobile all the way so I wondered ....

Pokey86

Noob
May 5, 2005
Been playing Project X, got it very cheap.

It started reasonably good, however it drags out to hell now & there really is very little in way of productive storyline, levelling up or just any feeling of progression in general. Also the mild fanservice just gets annoying, but maybe that's just me.

Still, the critical system isn't bad &, from the one's i know anyway, the integration of key moves is nice. Ryu even FADC's in one of his combos [face_tongue]

Oct 6, 2009
Kamiya will never touch the DMC franchise again, i don't know why people insist on having him when practically everyones' favorite game is DMC 3 (though i much prefer DMC 1). I'm fine with Itsuno directing it again, its practically his franchise anyway. I do like Kamiya but its obvious he's moved on, he's practically trolling hard-headed DMC Fans on Twitter for the lolz. As long as Kobayashi isn't involved, its fine. But who am i kidding...there isn't going to be any DMC 5 or DmC 2.

ChaosAptom

The N00b Killer Returns
May 15, 2006
It's very unlikely Kamiya will ever make a DMC game again. But it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Platinum game can take work for hire (like working on MGR, an IP they don't own). DMC itself has been outsourced as well to NT.

It boils down to what PG wants, Kamiya is just one man in that studio. If Capcom comes to PG for help on the next DMC game then something might happen.

If this does happen then I would prefer that Kamiya and Itsuno work together to make a DMC game. In any case I am perfectly fine with an Itsuno game at this point... just give me a god damn DMC game already (emphasis on the capital M).

DMC3 + DMC3 Special Edition sold 5 million units at least
This isn't true, DMC3 sold 2.3 million combined. You can check it on Capcom's page:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Highest selling DMC game is DMC4 at just shy of 3 million.

Last edited:

Legendary_Sparda_15

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 9, 2005
Hey everyone, my little brother is working on some voice over thing for DmC.
Didn't think it deserved it's own thread yet since it's just a trailer. Hope you guys enjoy!

Any comments, suggestions, feedback are welcomed. :)

Ryan6192

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 23, 2004
Shadow of colossus boss soundtrack, nice !!. Been a year or two (maybe more ) since I posted how's everyone?. CT doesn't seem as active as it used to be, still remember some of the messages on this page :(.

Legendary_Sparda_15

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 9, 2005
Yeah, this board was active a while ago.

I remember the good old days with Pokey86, Dahbomb, and Moses, amongst many others. But always glad to have the memories.

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Well, speaking of activity...

The VAs for Dante and Nero in DMC4, Johnny Bosch and Reuben Langdon, took a picture together doing mo-cap work and put it on Twitter. Having them both in the same picture certainly poses the possibility of a Devil May Cry 5.

AgentProv

Noob
May 25, 2016
I got the digital deluxe version with all the trimmings. I wanted every last drop of the stuff. Pre-installed and ready to go.

Dante2478

Noob
Mar 12, 2018
Well HD collection came out for PC and it looks great, one of the gameplay mission i found here, still the other people have problem running the game in 60fps instatly running it in 144fps :D