CronHater

Noob
Oct 29, 2009
Chiefof16 was banned because Cron-Z basically didn't like him. Since Cron-Z is a moderator of this blog, he has the power to do whatever he wants here. Yeah, not far removed from a dictatorship. I am Chiefof16 actually, I just changed my log-in so I could continue to type. Being that I just admitted that, so long folks, I'm sure I'll have cops, or the FBI at my door today or something thanks to the moderator

Cron-Z

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 26, 2003
Canada
I wasn't going to reply (feed the troll), but when someone is dragging my name in the dirt, I feel I have to defend myself.

NOTE: CronHater is Chiefof16 circumventing his ban for multiple IGN Terms of Service violations in this thread alone. Just check all the moderator edits on the previous page. Circumventing a ban is usually a bannable offence in itself.

CronHater said:
Chiefof16 was banned because Cron-Z basically didn't like him.

Your name is betraying you. I wasn't the one calling you out, trolling you, and flaming you.

CronHater said:
Since Cron-Z is a moderator of this blog, he has the power to do whatever he wants here. Yeah, not far removed from a dictatorship.

I am not a moderator of this site. I am just a regular user that happens to have read the Terms of Service (ToS) before participating here. I have no more power than you or any other users here.

CronHater

Noob
Oct 29, 2009
I wanna apologize for calling Cron-Z a moderator, I suppose I misread his profile......Call me a troll if you must, I don't even know what the hell a troll is, I'm assuming it's basically an asshole that just starts trouble online. (I don't waste my days typing in blogs and things, I guess I could google "troll", I'll do that later.) I actually expressed some opinions and defended myself when I was called a "retard" and such a while back. I cussed a bit, which I figured would get censored anyway (like others don't do that?) So essentially, I'm wondering what the hell I did to get "banned", it pissed me off. This is a relatively dead thread anyway

Oct 10, 2009
I like how the review mentions how it has spherical worlds like in super mario galaxy, even though they had it since ratchet 2.

TATTOOKING

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
This game deserves higher. The graphics 8.5 but Band Hero got an 8.0!!!! For real? Halo ODST 9.0 graphics Yeah OK This game deserves higher!!!!!!! You guys shit the bed on this one.

D-jinn

Prime Member
May 10, 2008
Clements is a ******* idiot. Spherical worlds were in the second Ratchet game. There is no need to act like Insomniac is copying nintendo.

Vanish07

Noob
Jul 21, 2009
awesome review. AWESOME game. i can't get enough of these games, honestly. i doubt i'll ever get tired of the "rachet formula".

G

greenbuk75

Original poster
yea..i agree spherical worlds were in Going Commando...and the "ratchet formula"..its a freakin 3rd person platformer for heavens sake..i dont see halo changing from a first person and having the reviewer dock points...xbox losers

G

greenbuk75

Original poster
And as a side note, i think it would be AWESOME for Insomniac to finish the series with a bang since they've been talking like its gonna end soon....Bring back all the old fav. weapons along with new ones and have one bad@$$ game..have them finish it with the RYNO 6 as a one shot to save the galaxy shot..that would b something

Pleak

Noob
Nov 25, 2009
8.5 on Graphics? Ratchet and Clank have great color and quality with amazing graphics. No way does it deserve 8.5, graphics is what makes the R&C Future series pop out from the crowd. It should be atleast 9.5.
Did Ryan Clements only start playing R&C during the Future series? If he did, then he needs to play the rest of the R&C series to know that the spherical effects on some of the planets had first came in R&C 2 Going Commando, which came out in 2003 and was NOT a copy of Super Mario Galaxy.

mjames4040

Noob
Feb 20, 2009
Calm down people. The guy gave it a 9.0. Keep it moving people. And even if he is "docking" points, who cares, its only a damn number (and a pretty good one too.) As long as this game gets a great recognition and you enjoy it, there will be plenty of great ratchet games in the future. So who cares what one reviewer thinks.

Btw, This game is awesome!!!!!!! Its one of the best games ive played this year!!! Keep it up Insomniac!!!!!

sklubben21

Noob
May 28, 2008
truly a 9.0 is a great score but seriously ps3 is a great system and its ridiculous how xbox fans try to talk down on people who prefer ps3 more. xbox has great games as well. in all honesty when i went from 360 to ps3, i was much happier with the games i've been growing up with. ps3 has amazing games and a system that 'does everything.' xbox turned down blu-ray which doesnt make sense. ps3's system is better. hands down.

Aug 5, 2009
Just bought this game two days ago and cannot put it down. The story is great I mean it seemed like Insomniac put much more passion into these characters than ever before, and the guns i thought were cooler, especially the tesla spikes. I will gripe about this guy's 8.5 on graphics, not everything can be compared to uncharted seeing as this is going for a much different look (where would you get photo realistic lombaxes) the graphics in this game is the closest to playing through a pixar movie which is impressive. I've been with this series since the beginning and it still hasn't let me down, and i am a hardcore fan and i for one am not tired of the game's formula.

why mess with what still works

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Great game, but IGN what evwer happened to you longer reviews, 2 pages isn't enough for such a great game...

Jan 13, 2010
Playing it on hard at the moment and almost finished it. It's an awesome game but I do find it became a little repetitive at times and there are some annoying bugs still about which haven't been fixed in the patched. The graphics in the cut scenes are fun and overall they really have put loads of effort into it.

Benpachi

Noob
Dec 15, 2009
Really hope they keep R&C going, after 8 games I'm not anywhere close to tired of it. Lots of people think that A Crack in Time will be the last one but the ending left it open to make yet another game, they should give the fans one more...or at least remaster the original trilogy and add trophies like with the God of War Collection.

Jan 27, 2010
I hope they make a new one, and I hope that they re-add Angela cross to the game, lombax partners make the games all that much better. I am a huge fan of Spyro 1, 2, and 3. Distruptor, Ratchet and Clank series, and the Resistance series. im fully Insomniac. XDXDXDXDXD

tehboneyking

Prime Member
Oct 4, 2009
I'm a totally noob to this series so the complaints about "been there done that" mean nothing to me. The platformer is possibly the purest form of videogame there is, but also, seemingly the hardest to perfect. This game is pretty close to perfect, and more importantly it's ridiculously fun.

jeperty

Noob
Jun 8, 2010
Not a great review, he gave the graphics only 8.5, even though when you look over ratchets shoulder you can see every bit of fur on his ears, and everything just looks amazing! It should be at least be a 9.5! I say it's better than UC2 but I don't like Uncharted much

alzamore

Noob
Aug 18, 2010
I like how they give this a 9 and they gave tools of destruction a 9.5 but they say in the opening paragraph that it "out does it's predecessor in nearly every way"

yeismeload

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 27, 2004
There is no way this deserved an 8.5 for graphics...easily a 9.5 if not higher, it is gorgeous and the level of detail is amazing. Gameplay deserves higher as well, otherwise the scores are about right I guess. I know Super Mario Galaxy 2 is on the wii which has less graphical capability than ps3, but it scored a perfect 10....the level of detail in crack in time's space and planets is far, far more impressive. I know the scores are given relative to what each system is capable of, but I couldn't help but feel galaxy 2...perfect 10...crack in time 9.0...really??

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
360 couldn't pull this game's graphic off.. why does the 360 always get such high graphics ratings, IGN?

Kyle1395

Noob
Nov 6, 2010
JumpyLuweegee said:
IGN definitely underrated in the graphics department.
I agree, this game has the best graphics out of all the R&C games. It deserved at least a 9 in graphics if not more.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Just bc uncharted 2 has photo-realistic graphics doesn't mean its got better graphics than a flawless pixar style, just two different perfectly executed styles..

kadonny

Mod in the Fast Lane
Aug 22, 2001
Pennsylvania
Kyle1395 said:
JumpyLuweegee said:
IGN definitely underrated in the graphics department.
I agree, this game has the best graphics out of all the R&C games. It deserved at least a 9 in graphics if not more.

Fully agree. 9.5 in the graphics. The depth on some of the planets is amazing.

Great game, I'm currently on my third play through on challenge mode. Just got the Ryno and am upgrading it now at the battleplex.

Dec 31, 2010
This game was alright in my opinion, but to be honest the series isn't really the same as it used to be. It seems like in the first two R&C games there was more to discover, more to explore, and more to do...it seems that R&C nowadays has kind of become more action based rather than action-adventure based. I think there also used to be a better variety of weapons to choose from in the past R&C games (primarily the second and third). I'm not saying this isn't a cool game with really awesome graphics, but it just seems a bit different from what it used to be...

Kyle1395

Noob
Nov 6, 2010
ThisGuy9511 said:
This game was alright in my opinion, but to be honest the series isn't really the same as it used to be. It seems like in the first two R&C games there was more to discover, more to explore, and more to do...it seems that R&C nowadays has kind of become more action based rather than action-adventure based. I think there also used to be a better variety of weapons to choose from in the past R&C games (primarily the second and third). I'm not saying this isn't a cool game with really awesome graphics, but it just seems a bit different from what it used to be...
I did prefer the original series to the future series but I still love them all.

suppaman16

Noob
Nov 25, 2010
Graphics aren't as good as uncharted 2? I thought we were done comparing insomniac to naughty dog? I think Crack in Time has better graphics

DR829

Noob
Sep 11, 2009
i'am glad that they didnt abandon ratchet and clank for resistance like naughtydog with jack and daxter for uncharted. this is still one of my favorites games of all time.

FUhorboy

Noob
May 27, 2005
I agree DR829, I was very disappointed when I realized Naughty Dog would focus all their attention exclusively on Drake but with that said, at least now they're delivery one GREAT franchise as opposed to two GOOD franchises (yes, I'm looking at you Insomniac).

Hawk-256

Noob
Jun 22, 2011
IGN is right lol, this game is amazing! I completed it a while ago and found it really addicting! Especially when you just buy new weapons and they are good and also loved it when you use them strangely to kill enermies! :D
Theres just so much to do in this game but i have to say my faveourite parts were actually being clank doing the time warp thing. I don't like puzzles but for some reason, i just found clanks ability cool to use!