Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2010
@SSJ2Kuhan2

I find it ironic that someone calling themselves "SSJ2Kuhan2" has a problem with Superman bench presing whole planets.

Just kidding.

Seriously though, they have taken Supermans powers down more than a few nothces since the mid 80's. And as far as relating to Superman on a more personable level, I think Smallville has made some progress in that area, despite the shows inconsistent quality.

DSX_Freeza

Noob
Jun 23, 2010
I cant believe there is an arguiment.
DC Is much better than Marvel.
What, Marvels big event was another Alien invasion?
Marvel only has two charectors that are GOOD. Andd they are Hulk and Captain America who isnt that great.
Blackest Night actually sold more than Seige.

Birgade

Noob
Oct 15, 2008
@dsx_freeza
Ya your completely right marvel isn't that great, thats why they own more of the market in both movies and comics, and thats why they have more characters who move more books. Both have great characters but the fact that you say that marvels only good ones are the Hulk and Cap just proves your ignorance, for the rest of my argument look at sales, total fan boy get some facts, congrats to dc becuase one of their arcs (which was amazing) sold more

Vladimon

Noob
Jul 28, 2010
making more super hero movies based on super heroes like marvel doesn't make the company better... I'd rather have just a handeful of Super Hero movies with the majority being good like the Dark knight rather than a couple of good ones (spiderman 2, Blade, Iron man (also Iron man 2 but I'm really if-ish about it) while its bulk is rather terrible.

pplhatr1

Noob
May 3, 2009
None of what he said justifies not making a Justice League movie... even if it were true, as opposed to subjective opinion.

Oh, and since Nolan is heading up the Superman reboot... I really hope they start spit-balling how Nolan's Superman and Batman can co-exist, because it seems ridiculous that they couldn't. There's nothing about Nolan's Gotham and Batman that says that an extra-terrestrial being can not exist, let alone have physical and mental powers far advanced and beyond that of homosapiens - see how I clear a path for Martian Manhunter too?

Dec 10, 2008
The only reason Dark Knight did that well is because of Huge Ledger, we wanted to c his last performance and that is it. Its not becaues it was brilliant, the movie was Great but it's not as good spider-man 2 and that is the hornest truth. And something about the dark knight is that Joker took all the attention away from Batman which is really not cool, we talk about Joker more than we talk about Batman.

deadfajita

Noob
Jul 15, 2009
@ johnaustine

Its Heath Ledger btw and ur right though. More people talk about the Joker in Dark Knight rather than taling about Batman. If Ledger was still alive, they couldve just started a movie series about the Joker and forgotten about Batman.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
@ johnaustine

Wow.

People don't "only talk" about the Joker. But they bring him up a lot because he was so well portrayed, and was arguably the strongest part of the movie. And haven't you ever heard of the saying "a movie is only as strong as it's villain?" Well, Ledger's performance was very strong.

And it's HEATH Ledger, not Huge Ledger you moron.

Aug 16, 2010
The Dark Knight was not that special...the third act was a joke...the acting was average besides Ledgers...the action was iffy...Batman sounded like he needed an inhaler the entire time he talked...it was nothing special...Iron Man, X2, Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were A LOT better than Dark Knight...

Oh and Howard was too soft spoken and too much of a bitch to be War Machine it was great that he was replaced....

Norton is a control freak and a jackass to work with so it was awesome for him to be replaced.

Feb 3, 2009
DC has potential to make great comic book movies but as of right now, Marvel has raked in a lot more money from their movies. So I guess the DC characters aren't as big as Johns think they are.

NightX-2

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 15, 2004
I've always seen DC characters as boring and lame compared to Marvel. Of course maybe that's because I grew up with X-Men. Never really liked Superman ever, and Batman is okay in small doses.

Mainstream05

Prime Member
Sep 2, 2006
I agree 100% with Geoff Johns. That Marvel is making money with their characters right now is due largely to the fact that they're much more willing to take risks and whore themselves out to different studios. For every Spider-Man 2, you got FF 1 & 2, Ghost Rider, and an Elektra.

But DC's characters ARE bigger. They're legends, and have much more epic origins and stories than the vast majority of Marvel's characters.

Aug 16, 2010
What is epic about being from a different planet...or having money to train to fight or being from an island of only women? There is nothing EPIC about the DC characters....

Johns is being a shill....he knows that DC is dragging their heels because they suck as a company...

You want epic orgins look at Captain America....

Jan 15, 2010
All of the marvel movies were jokes. I think all of their characters are blank and boring, but then again I am just a DC fangirl.

Aug 16, 2010
For Every Dark Knight you have Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Superman 3&4, Superman Returns, Catwoman, the Adam West Batman movie, Jonah Hex.....pretty much DC sucks at making movies....

mr_pops238

This is good...isn't it?
Aug 23, 2004
Canada
LOL DC!

Im not a fanboy. Ill admit batman is freaking awesome. Seriously its the best thing DC has ever produced.

Superman sucks. Yes, hes famous...but he sucks. Hes a stupid invineable guy that cant get with chicks. How such a powerful guy is so shy around a average chick like lois makes no sense. Superman could pwn any chick in the world....but he choses lois [face_plain]. Theres like 3 billion women on this planet and he chooses lois?! Jesus christ!

Then you have...wonder woman?! Um...I wonder why she is even famous? She does what exactly? So she becomes super famous in the 1950s.....then does nothing since then. Good for her. What the heck does she even do? Shes instant fail.

Green latern...he has a ring that makes him powerful? invincable? Goddammit DC, try to come up with something somewhat realistic!

Then you have the rest of the fail DC characters... aqua man?!(HUGE FACE PLAIN/PALM FACE)....um...hawk man? Or whatever that flying guy is. What does he do? Fly around? [Super face plain].

Then the rest are super fail. You have some stupid green martian guy and some idiotic teen titians show. God DC fails.

I honestly dont know how any sane person can clain DC is better than marvel?! It makes no sense! You DC fanboys have batman. Thats it. Good for you!

Marvel pwns your roster of superheroes. Spiderman alone pwns everything you have. Then you got x-men/wolverine, iron man, hulk........

Forget it. Ive already said this to many times. Im not going to waste my time re writing the same list. DC is a joke. Marvel pwns them in everyway.

Jul 27, 2008
he's right the only icons and fan-favorites on marvel are misused such as cap(chris evans),fantastic four(chris evans),x-men(brett ratner),daredevil(ben affelck) and gambit(logan stole his spot) and ALL the villains in terms of movies goblin,venom,magneto,galataus etc.,since marvel did movies they friggin threw wolverine and spider-man on the avengers!!!if thats not selling out i dont know what is,DC could the end the game in a heartbeat but we all know they havent tried yet so marvel fanboys fall back,cant wait till the flash comes out dough

Jul 27, 2008
oh yeah the jlu show is way better than all those avengers shows combined,and anyone wants to say x-men was better i'll just state B:TAS destorys that 2,we got bruce timm and nolan,ya got DISNEY I REPEAT U HAVE DISNEY, u Had sam raimi and "the great"brett ratner and who's ya marvel animation team again??Since Stan Left Marvel Comics the company has become a sellout francise,plan and simple just ask Disney(aha)DC FTW

legacy1x

Noob
May 19, 2010
Jjonahdagr8: of of all the movies you mentioned (Cap, FF, X-men, Daredevil) only Captain America was produced by Marvel Entertainment. The rest were sold off to other studios. So you can't blame Marvel for anything about how the movies are handled. As it stands right now DC only has Batman as it's movie maker. I hope Green Lantern will be a good flick but we'll see when it comes. A good reason why DC doesn't want to put films together for a Justice League movie would be Superman Returns. When looking at The Dark Knight there is no way that movie belongs in the same DC character stable.

scorch09

No Longer a Noob
Sep 30, 2006
These superheroes were designed for kids. Give them that much.

However, The Dark Knight is the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

lifthz

Noob
Jun 25, 2001
Can't disagree... Batman and Superman themselves are clearly the two biggest and most popular comic book heroes to this date.

Ocean_1

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 27, 2004
Besides, batman had a LOT of really bad movies before the Dark Knight. Like, unwatchable bad. Not all of them, but the stinkers definitely outnumber the winners.

hehedied

Noob
Oct 10, 2010
Marvel Has had better Movies BUT, DC is playing it smart Darknight GREAT, Watchmen Great, Green lantern is looking to be great, so is superman reboot, next batman, wonderwomen in works, and a flash in the works.Marvel movies just havent been as good lately, and they are starting reboots that i dont believe will live up to the originals (spiderman and x-men) so DC might have a big turn around really soon.

E

Eggmeister

Original poster
the onlything DC comics has ever had good for it was batman

Oct 10, 2010
Batman was the best movie from DC. Marvel did ok with X-Men and did great, as far as I'm concerned with the second Punisher movie. Superman needed a lot of work and so did Fantastic 4. Iron Man was great, DC had Smallville, I guess. The first 2 Spider-Man movies were ok, but the 3rd sucked. And that's the truth.

nowhatsgud

Noob
Mar 21, 2010
As I think that Batman is a good property at the moment. Superman needs a good reboot to make that license profitable at the theater again. While those are the only characters I think are more popular than anything Marvel has at the moment. Just please Marvel no more Fantastic Four movies ugh.

Aug 16, 2010
Green Lantern is looking like a failure right now...i mean honestly look at the suit he looks like a Green Venom....

gamejediben

No Longer a Noob
Feb 28, 2003
@asudevil316

LOL, why are we even having this discussion? MARVEL is owned by Disney now. DISNEY! MARVEL fails.

DC wins by default. But even if MARVEL wasn't owned by Disney, Batman, by himself, is still better than all of MARVELs heroes combined.

DC WINS!
FATALITY!
GAME OVER!

Aug 16, 2010
Wow gamejedi you sure are a retard...Pixar is owned by Disney and they make the best movies right now...Disney is an amazing company that cant be competed with...

DC is owned by WB...FREAKING WB...WB SUCKS AT EVERYTHING...

WB DC sucks at life.

Marvel has Wolverine...so he kills everyone

Marvel for the WIn...
you are a retard.

Aug 31, 2009
"Bigger" was a poor choice of words. They are just different. Marvel comics have often tried to go for a certain level of realism--they are "real" people in a realistic setting coping with fantastic powers. I'm not knocking DC, but the whole premise of most of them is usually completely unbelievable (people reallllly don't know Kent and Supes are one in the same?). Lately their galactic stuff has been great though--if they do the Lantern right, they could corner the box office. The recent Bat flicks have been great, and Marvel (I've been a long time Marvel fan so I say this through clenched teeth) HAS to reboot almost all of its efforts. Honestly, I think a lot of the stuff is better suited to television.

jip1822001

Noob
May 11, 2009
I completely agree with the statment below, from the beginning Marvel has tried to set their characters in a real world setting that we find relatable hence the settings a called by what they really are like NY city for example. Marvel characters also deal with more subject matters that are realatble to the youth of the past couple of decades.

thecleric3

Noob
May 13, 2008
well, marvel wont hire after DC lets him go due to the future scandal between him and Superman/Batman impersonators...

jac032394

Noob
Jul 20, 2010
i agree with this cause, seriously, take all the kryptonite away and Superman alone can extinct the entire Marvel Universe. especially if he is as old as his counterpart in Kingdom Come who is actually beyond god-like....

gamejediben

No Longer a Noob
Feb 28, 2003
@asudevil316

Fine. I'm retarded. But at least I support WB who made this summer's biggest blockbuster, Inception. Maybe you've heard of it? And 2 years ago it owned the summer box office with The Dark Knight. Iron Man was soundly defeated at the box office. Disney (and MARVEL) would kill for the kind of success that WB has. And its the same with MARVEL and DC. At the moment, Marvel barely sells more comic books than DC but MARVEL would kill for the name recognition and cross-media exposure DC has.

And you can say "Batman sucks" all you want, but he will always have a bigger following than the X-men or Spidey. And you know why? Because Batman (and the rest of the DC Universe) comes from a primal, mythological kind of storytelling. His story is timeless and inspirational. MARVEL stories are cheap, corny sci-fi by comparison.

I will give MARVEL some credit though for still existing at all, even though they have tried very hard to run their properties into the ground (and almost succeeded during the 80s). They even survived bankruptcy in 1996 and limped all the way till 2009 when they were purchased by Disney. For every success MARVEL has, they produce 3 failures. DC isn't perfect, but their success rate is still better than that. Make mine a DC.

Jul 16, 2010
I couldn't disagree more with the guy below me. DC movies suck. Batman is the only cash cow that DC has. They spent millions on a Superman movie that was trash. And any other DC movies, for example, Watchmen. I had nighmares of blue genitals for weeks. Who cares about the story of the Flash. Batman movies are great because Batman isn't superpowered. He's a regular guy that hasn't had to fight any CG characters.

The first Ironman was great, second Ironman was good, but not as great. Marvel focuses on characters and their personal lives and that is why people relate with Spiderman or the X-Men. You just don't see it as much with DC.

I'm a Marvel fanboy but any Marvel fanboy that says Batman sucks need to go to jail and get felt up by large men. Batman is awesome and the best DC character. Green Lantern and Flash movies will be awful. The new Superman movie wont be that great but will do well. Thor won't be that great for Marvel, but Capt. America will.

These movies need to be commercial for those who dont read comics or watch cartoons. Everyone knows Batman and Superman. Everyone knows Spiderman and the X-Men. Actor quality is equally important.

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
Honestly, I think that they are even, but if I had to choose which was better I'd say Marvel. You relate more to characters like Spider-Man, Hulk, and the X-men because they have personal problems that we can relate to, and because each represents a part of us. You don't get that from DC. And even with Dark Knight, DC doesn't make as good films as Marvel. They've each had bad films, but I'd rather watch Ghost Rider, Elektra, and Wolverine over Jonah hex, Batman and Robin, and Catwoman any day.

Marvel also rocked Comic-Con this year, too. Marvel gave us trailers for Thor, Captain America, and Avengers, showcased the Thor helmets and the Infinity Gauntlet, got the whole Avengers cast on stage, and revealed the final dimension for Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. DC just gave as a Green Lantern trailer.

Aug 16, 2010
Gamejedi...Inception was NOT the summers biggest blockbuster...TOY STORY 3 WAS...so you are wrong yet again you moron....

Disney had two BILLION dollar grossing movies this year....why should they be jealous of anyone? Oh and Remember Batman Begins? Yeah Iron Man and Iron Man 2 kicked its ass....

Marvel barely sells more comic books? THEY SELL OVER 50% WHILE DC IS ONLY AROUND 40%....MARVEL IS KICKING DC'S ASS IN COMICS TOO. YOU ARE SO FUCKING RETARDED........

What is timeless about Batman's stories? Lol nothing that is...you are a tool...

Hmmm lets see Marvel has had about 10 FANTASTIC Movies...DC has had two good movies and two average movies....DC also had 2 of the worst movies of all time...Jonah Hex and Catwoman...just stop talking you are fucking retarded...

May 27, 2010
@asudevil316 you must watch kiddy tv shows becaus Inception is the best movie of the year no matter what comercial says and they say it for everything.

May 27, 2010
DC has barly eny good charictars at all they have Batman, superman, flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, Marvel has a lot more Better Heroes like Spider-man, Iron man, Hulk, Daredevil, Black panther, Wolverine, Captain America, Thor, Nick Fury, Black widow, War machine, Hawkeye, Ronin, deadpool, Ms.Marvel, Luke Cage, the Fantastic 4, and Cyclops that beats DC any day!

Oct 18, 2009
I will say this: Marvel's heroes are much better then DC's (except for batman), but DC's villains are much cooler in comparison to marvel because they are more Psychological (Except for Magneto). It jut seems that Marvel's Supervillains are not as intimdating but DC's Heroes are much more distant and overpowered (I'm talking to you, Superman!).

Status
Not open for further replies.