Apr 23, 2004
I'm unsure if this is the right thread or if I have to make one but I have a question about Megaman Battle Network 2. I have two games, and I'm thinking of restarting one. My other one is 100% complete, and I hear that during a Network Battle, I can duplicate chips. What I'm thinking is that during the beginning of the 2nd game, I get a chip, then trade it for a secret one on my 2nd game. Then I battle and win with my first game (flawlessly) and get the secret chip, I restart the game (as the loser, not the winner), duplicating the chip and I do that constantly with the hard to get chips so I can get a good folder for the beginning. Would that work?

m3g4_F0Z

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2004
So I joined IGN 10 years ago today. I was stuck on Wily in Mega Man 3 and asked how to beat him, and then I figured out you had to use Top Spin before anyone replied to the thread.
But now everyone is gone to better parts of the internet. Mega Man is dead, except in Smash Bros where he's pretty hard to play as. This name is illegible and nobody calls me FOZ anymore anyway. So cool, I guess.

Last edited:

-BubbleBobble-

TOADETTE'S THE WINNER!!! :3
Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
Mega Man will never die, you shut your whore mouth

jk

but MM 1-6 will always be my fave series of games - I don't think anything can ever eclipse that..

I've played Mario Kart Wii probably the most out of any game tho so it's close competition

hmm you might be able to get a username change? idk if it'd be worth it tho

congrats on 10 years [face_tongue]

m3g4_F0Z

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 22, 2004
I haven't used this site in a while and the email used for this account is long-gone anyway. I only still associate with one person from this board, and I don't even remember when this place died.

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004
Either way, most people moved on. I'm on D1P nowadays, and also on FB with Neo and BHE. So *shrugs*

Last edited:

ZERO_ninja

The Arbiter of Objective Truth
Oct 2, 2009
Is II for the GB as bad as some say? Ill probably get it anyway to be a completist but I'm curious as to what you guys think.
I preferred it to the first World game on GB. Honestly I've never really heard much anti-Rockman World 2 sentiment beyond Inafune feeling like it didn't quite capture the right spirit of the games, but personally I'd have said World 1 was more guilty of that fault.
Rockman World 4 and 5 are the only GameBoy ones that are great though.

Last edited:

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
Is II for the GB as bad as some say? Ill probably get it anyway to be a completist but I'm curious as to what you guys think.
I preferred it to the first World game on GB. Honestly I've never really heard much anti-Rockman World 2 sentiment beyond Inafune feeling like it didn't quite capture the right spirit of the games, but personally I'd have said World 1 was more guilty of that fault.
wasn't he talking about the originals tho?

ZERO_ninja

Oct 2, 2009
What?

-BubbleBobble-

Apr 6, 2009
da one after 909!!!
What?
original Mega Man games, not Mega Man world..

ZERO_ninja

Oct 2, 2009
oh, it's known as that in Japan

not sure why you would expect anyone on here to know the Japanese name of the game..
Figured it was obvious in context, give the post I was replying to and since the GB ones have no name in the west. Not like the GBC X games where they're called "Xtreme" in the west to separate them from the SNES series.

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004
Clearly if you responded sir [face_tongue]

Aaaand I love archaic message board systems. Man no wonder why I don't come back anymore. Fuck that shit.

Brave_Hearts.Exe

MMSF3 Battler
Jan 4, 2004
damn, no one replied to this thread in like 3 years lol

As far as I remember, I was always either into final fantasy 7, crash bandicoot, GTA, or some other RPG, especially Brave fencer musashi.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005

As far as I remember, I was always either into final fantasy 7, crash bandicoot, GTA, or some other RPG, especially Brave fencer musashi.

oh i meant PS1 megaman games :) but those are all fun titles for me as well

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
so Whats everyone's History with the PS1 games ?~o)
I would constantly go to my friend's house as a kid to play X4 and X5 over and over since I didn't have a Playstation back in the day. Loved those games to pieces.

MM8 was like, probably my toughest challenge in the series before the Zero series: I had the hardest time with Wily Fortress Auto Scroll segments.

darkness35

No Longer a Noob
Mar 28, 2004

How and why in the flying fuck did you manage to remember and login to IGN for those 3 years :^O