Faytplodes

The Real Danny Glover
Jul 31, 2009
LOL PEYTON MANNING

GhostofSparta22

Say My Name
Jan 25, 2009
The final boss...

Radahn is just not fun to fight at all. Period. Too much bullshit in this fight. His second phase is a joke. I rammed my head against the wall for about 3 hours but I'm putting the game down for a day or two.

BlastSavage

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 3, 2021
Born from Exploding Stars
Well been getting my ass forcefully shoved in my face and then kicked in the grill, while my ass is in my face! Change this guy's name to Midra Lord of Frenzied Pain. Dude fuck'n up my whole world right now:

[ This mofucka tryin me! ]
ELDEN RING™_20240705143818.jpg

[ I'mma stick that stick up ur ass old man! ]
ELDEN RING™_20240705224510.jpg

[ Oh shit! He is "HIM" ]
ELDEN RING™_20240705150236.jpg

[ Finally ]
ELDEN RING™_20240705225709.jpg

RommelMcDommel

Super Star
Mar 21, 2012
I like the final boss a lot, but I've been a greatshield boy for a while now. I understand people who rely on roll-dodging finding those attacks unbearable

topdogg_187

Real name, no gimmicks
Apr 19, 2004
Madness boss wasnt too bad at all all things considered. Nice to have something that moved sort of slow for a change.

Not really sure where I wanna go next yet though, I am missing map pieces and havent figured out how to get to the hallowed ruins this map references

topdogg_187

Real name, no gimmicks
Apr 19, 2004
Scarlett Rot centipede wasnt bad either.

What happens if I burn this thing after it? At what point in the dlc am I? Ive still got a lot to see.

Faytplodes

The Real Danny Glover
Jul 31, 2009
LOL PEYTON MANNING
Scarlett Rot centipede wasnt bad either.

What happens if I burn this thing after it? At what point in the dlc am I? Ive still got a lot to see.

Final area at that point, but it's not a hard lock.

Except maybe quests. In true FromSoft fashion you must endure 10 years of study following a brutal dissertation defense, succeed and obtain your doctorate, go on and become renown in your field before settling down and teaching the new generation your knowledge, before you can finally, truly, see the steps to take to complete a FromSoft quest.

Evil__Homer

No Longer a Noob
Jul 23, 2013
Final area at that point, but it's not a hard lock.

Except maybe quests. In true FromSoft fashion you must endure 10 years of study following a brutal dissertation defense, succeed and obtain your doctorate, go on and become renown in your field before settling down and teaching the new generation your knowledge, before you can finally, truly, see the steps to take to complete a FromSoft quest.

Yea kind of sucks when you kill certain bosses and it auto locks you out of some quests.
Killed Messmer early in my game and lost a few npc’s quest lines. Oh well, nothing lost or that I’d use.

Faytplodes

The Real Danny Glover
Jul 31, 2009
LOL PEYTON MANNING
Also can I bitch...

Larval Tears should be plentiful in the dlc. But I dont think Ive found any!? Is there something I am missing? Just make em a buyable item at this point. Let us experiment freely

There's 2 for sure

I definitely don't remember the exact locations but it was fairly early on, at night time you'll see a glowing blue circle area with the ghost/phantom gravestones, go into the middle and you'll get a tear. Dunno how many total there are or if there are other ways to get them

Circumventing

Perma'd User
Jun 30, 2021
Also can I bitch...

Larval Tears should be plentiful in the dlc. But I dont think Ive found any!? Is there something I am missing? Just make em a buyable item at this point. Let us experiment freely
There's 2 for sure

I definitely don't remember the exact locations but it was fairly early on, at night time you'll see a glowing blue circle area with the ghost/phantom gravestones, go into the middle and you'll get a tear. Dunno how many total there are or if there are other ways to get them

I remember finding one near the diseased village or whatever at the start with the mosquito guys, and I want to say there’s another in that same starting zone but I forget where exactly

RommelMcDommel

Super Star
Mar 21, 2012
Also can I bitch...

You can only find them at night in the DLC. As you ride around at night you'll find groups of tombstones glowing blue and there will be a Larval Tear at the center

Sep 27, 2011
Rellana is so hard to do purely dodging - I'm ending up getting out a shield to help reliably get her down to half health

I'm annoyed but at least her openings are meaty

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2022
Okay I’m in the DLC now, I’m up to level 137 I think. Eleonora’s Poleblade +10 to start out.

Blackgaol Knight kinda kicked my ass, like 2 slashes and I’m dead. I’m at +2 blessing level now, maybe that’ll be fine, or maybe I need more.

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
I hate the Rauh Ruins. Its too open but yet maze like because of the levels and confusing with too many enemies to be fun exploring
Yeah I really wanted to love that area but it was annoying to traverse. I think it could have used some more visual clarity, everything kind of blends together.

69radcooldude420

keep trollin I'm reportin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 26, 2013
Okay I’m in the DLC now, I’m up to level 137 I think. Eleonora’s Poleblade +10 to start out.

Blackgaol Knight kinda kicked my ass, like 2 slashes and I’m dead. I’m at +2 blessing level now, maybe that’ll be fine, or maybe I need more.
137 is honestly just too low. +2 will survive you another hit but the knight is immune to blood and its just not going to be that fun without more damage probably

He is really easy to parry tho

topdogg_187

Real name, no gimmicks
Apr 19, 2004
It’s a bit disorienting especially now that I’m playing offline
I found that putting down those rainbow stones helped me remember where I’ve been and what not while I was running around

Yeah I really wanted to love that area but it was annoying to traverse. I think it could have used some more visual clarity, everything kind of blends together.
Yeah I got through the main path of it to the rot boss but I didnt even get to the map it just keeps frustrating me

Sep 27, 2011

The Clinging Bone was amazing for the fight, really fun to run alongside the crossbow fire and then grab him with the life steal fist

GhostofSparta22

Say My Name
Jan 25, 2009
Oh man. What's your endurance at? I'm trying to be a light dodgy girl at 18 endurance
I'm at 60 vig, 40 endurance and 60 strength. My Blasphemous build is predicated on finding windows for Taker's Flame or getting dual wielding jump attacks. But this mf gives me minimal windows and the wind up for TF takes too long. Guess I need to sacrifice offensive output for durability.

Evil__Homer

No Longer a Noob
Jul 23, 2013
Ive done this a bit and its good. Bows are way better than people give them credit for and it is an actually different way to play rather than same weapons with slightly different moveset or affinities
This. Never understood why people don’t use bows more. I’ve been using bows since Demons Souls.
Great to pull enemies with and even cheese bosses, poison arrows great. 😌

I hate the Rauh Ruins. Its too open but yet maze like because of the levels and confusing with too many enemies to be fun exploring
Agree, least favourite area so far, I got lost quite a few times and skipped a lot.

BlastSavage

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 3, 2021
Born from Exploding Stars
For those who might be having an unpleasant experience w/ some of these bosses. I strongly recommend looking up Scadutree Blessings locations. This will help make the difference in terms of your damage output. Take NOTE: No matter how many Scadutree Blessing you have. The computer will always be able to one-two shot you.

Always summon your Spirit Ashes and friendly NPCs as needed. Don't be ashamed. This DLC hits like a fuckin Mack truck!!

Love those guys💙

Modern_Myth

slime god
Dec 20, 2006
The Commonwealth
Ive done this a bit and its good. Bows are way better than people give them credit for and it is an actually different way to play rather than same weapons with slightly different moveset or affinities
Black bow and one of those giga bows would probably be the move right ? Maybe some faith and arcane for lightening arrow and blood arrows? 🤔

RommelMcDommel

Super Star
Mar 21, 2012
I kind of get why some people don't like Rauh Ruins but I absolutely love it. I think it's basically a Soulslike "maze" dungeon but in a giant outdoor setting, it's like the perfect translation of Souls exploration to an open world Elden Ring setting to me. I love how often you can see all these other giant platforms you know you can reach but you just have no idea how to get there, I love the use of sealed spiritsprings, etc. There's also good enemy variety and one of the most fun bosses in the game. What's not to like?

Oct 28, 2022
150~ is fine for the dlc depending on stat distribution

This is basically endgame+ so you need 50-60 vigor and a damage stat near the soft cap, which is more than doable at that level.

Not even close.

I have 60 vigor and 31 stamina, but I have 30 dex and a pretty even spread of faith and arcane.

Bleed is just so overpowered it doesn’t matter.

Oct 28, 2022
A couple comments on the DLC so far:

-The blue glowing worm things are like actually adorable, I want one as a pet.

-I already know the jars are corpses and people, but for some reason the mound of flesh crawling out of a broken jar and running at me is one of the most viscerally uncomfortable things I’ve experienced in this game.

-The fire giants might be end-of-DLC territory? I don’t know. I have +4 Scadutree Blessing and I’m still doing like no damage. Though I actually just realized my main weapon deals half fire damage so that may be why, I may have to swap to my Blood Uchigatana and see how that does.

Faytplodes

The Real Danny Glover
Jul 31, 2009
LOL PEYTON MANNING

-I already know the jars are corpses and people, but for some reason the mound of flesh crawling out of a broken jar and running at me is one of the most viscerally uncomfortable things I’ve experienced in this game.

-The fire giants might be end-of-DLC territory? I don’t know. I have +4 Scadutree Blessing and I’m still doing like no damage. Though I actually just realized my main weapon deals half fire damage so that may be why, I may have to swap to my Blood Uchigatana and see how that does.

For the last one if you don't mind spoilers

Nope, just have approximately a trillion health.

Circumventing

Perma'd User
Jun 30, 2021

I don’t think you’re actually meant to fight the fire giants like traditional enemies, you attack the legs until they fall over, takes a ton of hits and 2-3 staggers before they fall but you can do massive critical attack damage when they do, the horses jump also totally trivializes these fights.

Last edited: