mr_chun

Pocket Modster
★ MOD
Dec 29, 2004
Kanto
I don't think it's too late to breathe a little life into this CT.

I recently acquired an N64 from a friend. Never owned one as a kid, always wanted one. Spent the last couple days scrubbing the system and controllers down. He had nine games left after his collection was pillaged by roommates, got some of the essentials:

Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Tony Hawk 1
Tony Hawk 2
Jet Force Gemini
Goldeneye
NFL Blitz
Mario Tennis

Gonna try to track down some of the other gems. Really want Perfect Dark.

Vega_Obscura

Cursed Mod
★ MOD
Mar 1, 2002
WeHo

I recently acquired an N64 from a friend. Never owned one as a kid, always wanted one. Spent the last couple days scrubbing the system and controllers down. He had nine games left after his collection was pillaged by roommates, got some of the essentials:

Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Tony Hawk 1
Tony Hawk 2
Jet Force Gemini
Goldeneye
NFL Blitz
Mario Tennis

Try to track down Pilot Wings...

Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391

Pokemon Snap
Super Mario 64
Donkey Kong 64
Tony Hawk 1
Tony Hawk 2
Jet Force Gemini
Goldeneye
NFL Blitz
Mario Tennis

get smash 64

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia

If you don't already have them for the PS1, the Army Men games were always a blast (Sarge's Heroes 1 and 2 and also Air Combat).

d3eK2Tr.jpg

XG2 is one of my favorite racing games on the system. IMO it can go toe to toe with Episode 1 Racer and Mario Kart 64.

Ooh, yeah, and Rogue Squadron. That's always a great time.

grimabeprased

-S0L-

↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
★ MOD
Jan 29, 2007
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
The music is what I remember most from the Extreme G series:

I also remember running this on my state of the art 512mhz processor computer back in the 90s.

How times have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

briefs_cat11

Ask me about Nintendo Switch
Oct 23, 2002
SOMEWHERE I BELONG
I just remember having an absolute blast with that game and it is the only reason I cannot play anything without an inverted Y-axis...
My brain really struggles with inverted. There have only been a few games where it worked for me.

Also look like Pilot Wings Resort (3DS) is a sequel.

They're actually very different games, Pilot Wings 64 is a sequel to Pilot Wings on SNES, While Pilot Wings Resort is more based off of Wii Sports Resort. I'd say Pilot Wings 64 is still worth experiencing

mr_chun

Pocket Modster
★ MOD
Dec 29, 2004
Kanto
Completely forgot that we used to have a CT here.

Mega-bump!

What did y'all buy in the various sales this summer?

I got FFVII:R, Ghostwire, and the Uncharted Legacy collection, all for PS5 from Prime Day. Then in the steam sale, I picked up a few cheap games for my Steam Deck like Dirt 4, Tales of Symphonia, and Mad Max.

KevinR86

Adventurer
Feb 15, 2005
I didn't buy too much in sales this time around because I wanted to kick myself in the butt for not playing most things in my backlog, but I did get Mass Effect Legendary Edition and a few Hitman games, so I should play those soon.

Oh and The Sims 4.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water and KOV XIV are all that I can recall buying on sale.

I know I bought more just those two stick out the most.

mr_chun

Pocket Modster
★ MOD
Dec 29, 2004
Kanto
Haha @KevinR86 I've just accepted that I will buy more games than I beat. All-time, I have like a 2:1 ratio, but lately with less free time it's been like 10:1 lol. I just enjoy collecting, but sometimes they don't get played.