Jinglz123

Just Jingling
Jan 9, 2013
Washington
I'll be picking up Monster Hunter World. I think I will enjoy the series more on console. My only experience with the series so far has been on 3DS.

I'm hoping they modernize and streamline some of the more dated systems and tropes of the series - dated inventory management and crafting, excessive gathering quests leading to a slow start, etc
There's a new inventory wheel if you want, or you can use the old system if you choose.

You gather items as you're running past them, you don't have to stop.

No load times in between areas, the maps still have big areas with small sections in between them, but the monsters can chase you through these small areas.

The maps are bigger and there will be 3-6 big monsters in every hunt, and there's a food chain that the monsters follow. Some gameplay was shown where a Rathalos destroyed the monster in the trailer because the hunter lead it to Rath's nest. The Rathalos had no interest in the hunter while that other monster was there.

The AI for the monsters seem better

However, there is one thing that keeps getting thrown around in interviews, that it's being made to appeal to a Western audience; and if that means dumbing down combat, then I will not be okay with this.

We'll see though, I'm obviously going to get it and see how they did with it, it could be amazing, but it could also be the worst in my eyes depending on what happens. A lot of change is happened, and that's both exciting and frightening.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
I'm trying to decide if I wanna spend the time to level Larsa up to 99 while he's a guest in my party.

I've already leveled him by like, 14 levels or some shit, so it might be possible.

praisegrima

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
I've just obtained my third esper (second optional one) now that I've beaten Zalera, the Death Seraph.

10 phoenix downs well spent.

praisegrima

SaMoKo

Bad post, please ignore
Jun 19, 2012
I'm gonna go ahead with MHXX on the Switch. MHX had some issues, but at the end of the day it's still Monster Hunting, and I enjoy it.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Lol the sheer size and amount of updates for God of War Ascension is kinda ridiculous.

So glad I got that thingie that lets me hook up up to 4 devices using ethernet (because the PS3 Wifi is shit).

grimabepraised

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
Tell me the Cubs won't ever win a World Series again.

Give me that hope and joy, Sien.
The cubs will win and then you will remember that the only time people pretend to give a shit about baseball is during the world series and then we all remember baseball is boring.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
The cubs will win and then you will remember that the only time people pretend to give a shit about baseball is during the world series and then we all remember baseball is boring.

To be fair, baseball is 80 percent more entertaining when you go to actual games.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
Can't believe I totally forgot about the tournament starting this week.

Good thing my gurl Samus pulled through that first round.

grimabepraised