Status
Not open for further replies.

Sortis

Noob
Jul 11, 2006
1st problem I have with this movie is it's not actually about The First Class from the comics...

2nd problem I have with this movie is it doesn't even follow the Fox movies own f'd up continuity.

3rd I can't honestly say I give a crap about any of these characters, it's just a movie filled with a bunch of nobodies, these characters are great when they're a supporting cast...alone ehhh not so much. I'l be surprised if I even Netflix this junk.

jeffyjeef

Noob
Dec 21, 2009
i'm still skeptical but it looks much better than i was expecting. Not going to pass judgment until i see it.

ShamanRyu

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 6, 2003
And here I thought we were past screeching opera music. The visuals in this trailer certainly are more epic, but the overall epic feel was definitely in the last trailer, only because it didn't rely on the stupid opera bombasticism that they lean on for every single effin time they need to make a movie feel "epic".

Ameer117

Noob
Jun 10, 2008
Anyone else get the feeling that this film really lacks any heart?

It just seems dry...The dialogue seems dull, the action fairly unimaginatve, and there are no moments in the trailer where you think; "woah, can't wait to see that in the theares..."

Just saying...

Dogapult

Noob
Jul 8, 2009
Still no Cyclops, Iceman, Jean Grey, or Angel. Doesn't seem like much of a "first class" to me. Though it doesn't look terrible, might be good. I just don't see why bother calling it "Xmen" when it just goes off on it's own tangent with borrowed characters.

Ameer117

Noob
Jun 10, 2008
Also, would anyone else have preferred Tom Hardy as Xavier?

I'm not just saying that because he's a media darling right now...but seriously, he would have made a kick ass Xavier...

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
@Koenig von Jesters: Yea I'm surprised that none of the trailers have showed any of Kevin Bacon.

But yea this was even better than the first trailer and for a while now I've actually been excited for this movie.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
I admit, X-Men's trailers have been the best of the superhero movies. But I'm still not sold. Outside of Charles and Magneto, all the other characters just seem like they have no business in this film at all.
But because of name value alone, it will make the most money.

spyderv333

Noob
Feb 17, 2010
@Ameer117:

Haha, are you saying that because Tom Hardy played a clone of Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Nemesis?

Lord_Turdsley

No Longer a Noob
Nov 11, 2009
The trailers have been good but I still dont like the look of most of the characters nor do I like "First Class" having such a small amount of actual First Class X-Men.

Ameer117

Noob
Jun 10, 2008
@spyderv333

haha, I actually forgot about that!!

Let's face it, Tom Hardy should just follow Patrick Stewart around playing younger versions of him in flashbacks and prequels ;)

IriathZhul

Noob
Jan 29, 2011
I know some people are complaining that there aren't a lot of original X-men, but I'm glad the writers decided to have a more compact, focused story. I don't want seventy-eight different origin stories all getting mashed together for the sake of mass appeal.

Also, I love Magneto and wish I were him. Villains for the win.

guy_shafor

Noob
Jun 10, 2006
Oh man! SPECIAL EFFECTS!? HELL YEAH! I'm completely overwhelmed. Obviously going to be like, one of the best things ever... obviously.

v1nz1984

Noob
Jun 5, 2008
Screw the DC film that's coming out this year.. Marvel has the goods this year and beyond.. What's DC got this year as a movie? lame ass GREEN LANTERN? psssshhhhh LAME

Apr 7, 2011
Hoping that it will rock but in my heart, "I realise that the quest.. will take his life. You know this, you have foreseen it." Random LOTR quote. Seriously, this will undoubtedly suck

jakob997

Noob
Apr 10, 2010
I love how the first and last twenty seconds was stuff we already saw. I'd go as far as to say this trailer was LESS impressive then the last.

ABastard2

Noob
Jul 11, 2010
James McAvoy is a retarded *** who will ruin the movie. He sucked in Wanted why screw this movie up too.

Lucread

Noob
May 12, 2010
Sexy... but its still gonna piss people off, and I garuantee its not gonna make X2 or X3 money.

Outi777

Noob
May 28, 2008
Sorry, I didn't see anything there that made me convinced that this will be good. For all I know, this might be about as good as X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
I mean, the second trailer I saw of THAT movie had me pretty pumped. Actually a lot more pumped than this trailer.
So if the second trailer of a piece-of-shit movie like Wolverine got me more excited than the second trailer of X-Men: First Class. I'm not sure how exactly am I supposed to face it that this movie's gonna be good.

t_ian

Noob
Nov 10, 2010
Cool trailer but most of those clips were from the russian trailer except for the last third.

DanA827009

Noob
May 31, 2008
i'm a big comic fan and xmen, the entire claremont run made the xmen my fav comic group of all time..and with all that i just do not care about this movie at all....looking forward to that capt. a thou!!

UMZTA

Noob
Dec 15, 2010
oh god i hope its good, not much to ask of a movie i mean if you decide to make a movie you should at least decide to make a good one

UMZTA

Noob
Dec 15, 2010
oh god i hope its good, not much to ask of a movie i mean if you decide to make a movie you should at least decide to make a good one

aireoth1

Noob
Nov 23, 2009
I would hate it just because of what they did to X-Men 3, however Bryan Singer is involved, and he has respect for continuity, source material and original fan base. He's not always right (See Superman) but even when he's wrong, its not that bad, just not that good. It won't be the travesty of X3 or Wolverine.

Jun 1, 2008
Weapon.X.Codename.Wolverine

It's a fan edit of the Origins movie, look it up, download, watch. Way better than hollywood edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.