Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162971p1.html]New X-Men Trailer[/link]
by Scott Collura

Summary:
Check out the new international trailer for X-Men: First Class. Face it: This is going to be good. [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/116/1162971p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

May 26, 2010
I don't care what people say, this is going to be good and if not who cares. It is the mother freakin' X-Men!

Apr 14, 2011
This is almost the same trailer as the last one. They just changed the music and added some more chit chat between Xaiver or Magneto. Granted some of the elements of the movie seem cool, but I am still skeptical considering this is a creation of Bryan Singer and the fact this movie has been plagued with issues. Just hoping Matthew Vaughn was able to put it all together.

Jul 29, 2010
this is not xmen, this is hollywood dicking up yet another coulda been cool franchise. i will still see it just because im a movie whore but i'll wait till its on netflix...i'll be damned if im paying for a ticket for this flick.

MarcoSnow

Noob
Jul 10, 2006
As noted, this trailer is essentially a carbon-copy of the first with a different soundtrack. Still on the fence about this one. There's potential there, but it could very easily go either way at this point.

spyderv333

Noob
Feb 17, 2010
I may be a little more excited than most. One big difference, this is Vaughn here, not Ratner. I think we're safe.

I

Icecreamkilla

Original poster
Wow. The description said check out magneto deflecting nuclear missles, and the vid didn't really show him deflecting jacks#it. Like some of the other posters have said, I don't think I've really seen any new footage here worth noting. The visuals are the best looking of any x-men movie i'll give them that.

Sep 26, 2010
how does it? let me guess u know nathing about marvel and thats why you hate marvel movies like my cousin find out more then u might like it

Jul 13, 2007
Scott Collura, we finally agree on something, these posters have sucked! The trailer looks great, some of the footage looks cheesey but I'm confident Vaughn will pull through. I mean, footage looked great in Airbender and look how that turned out!

Feb 25, 2002
Trailer looks pretty cool but as has been stated, they can make the trailer for just about anything look good. Not a good indicator of the movie's quality. That being said I'm excited for this one: I love the take on the classic costumes and while it's not a comic-accurate movie, I don't mind a little spin on the classic stories if it works well.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
hey, wait a minute! this trailer isn't new, it's been out for weeks, maybe months! all well it's still nice to watch such an awesome trailer.

Logan20xx

Noob
Apr 20, 2011
Yes it's almost the exact same trailer as the last one but over the past decade of my life I've grown tired of trailers giving away everything in the movie it's promoting. The fact that Brian Singer is involved with this as a producer gives me hope. For me his best work has been the first two X-men and Valkyrie. I believe this film will mark the return to the feel of the first two X-men films and set the tone for the innevitable sequels to come and I'm okay with that. These movies WILL be made because they make money. The only question is will they be made right. I think the Origins and Last Stand crowd are rightfully out(the powers that be having heard the backlash) and this Singer-backed crowd is in. Singer has always treated this franchise with the respect it deserves so I will once again be returning to my local theater to view an X-men movie after half a decade and I encourage you to do the same. Here's to hope.

Sep 9, 2010
awesome!!! obviously it will be better than x3 and hopefully the acting is better than origins. only problem is... i dont think they will give magneto his electromagnetic field so he can fly... bummer

exmgx

Noob
Apr 21, 2009
hmmm the effects look like they need some work ......+ WOoot we get to see Magneto's childhood in nazi GermanY ^_^

Zeek81

Noob
Oct 21, 2007
What part of that looks good to you, IGN? This is garbage and shouldn't even see the light of day. Fox needs to tear the X-men franchise to the ground and start over. No returning actors, no returning writers, no returning producers, no returning directors. Probably some execs heads should roll as well. They've done such a terrible job with this franchise it's actually like they're actively trying to fail.

enzo1024

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 11, 2005
the more i see of this the more i get excited, and im trying not to raise my hopes after whats happened to this franchise.

Jul 28, 2010
I like the casting but it reminds me a little too much of the latest 2 movies with 1. little kid screaming as he uses his powers, and 2. diamond skin lady. Why do they need all of these cheesy mutants in there. The first 2 were the best because they were more or less grounded in reality.

RedSon64

Noob
Sep 13, 2010
Christ this actually looks really good. They took all the cheese out of the last stand and added more of the seriousness from X2. Damn.

SonOfAGloin

Fuer Grissa Ost Drauka
Jan 24, 2002
Ahh yes. I forgot about that grounded in reality stuff from x1 and 2. There are so many blue skinned teleporters and shapeshifters in the world. A diamond skinned woman, who is the same character as in origins, by the way, is too unrealistic. Even though she fits into the timeline of the story they're trying to tell.

Jan 19, 2010
No matter what the final product looks like, most other movies wish they had a trailer this good.

Of course, I have yet to see a trailer that caused the entire theater to go dead silent like the one for Across the Universe. Different league, I know, but that's a standard of mine.

Mar 24, 2010
I want to like this one, I really do...but I can still taste the bitter disappointment of X Men 3. Still, I am very impressed by the calibre of actors in this movie. Maybe it has a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.