bosbulls2005

No Longer a Noob
Oct 6, 2005
Tselinoyarsk
I still own my Wii, but I sold all of my games for it a couple of years ago. I bought Madworld and rebought Metroid Prime 3, but haven't touched them. My consoles don't get a lot of action anymore, but if I do any kind of gaming, it's either Star Wars Battlefront II on PC or something on PS3.

I'd be really interested in the Switch if a new, good-looking Metroid is announced. However, I'm trying to save up for a PS4 so I can play RE7 and a few other games I've been missing out on.

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
i stupidly bought a ps4. all i use it for now is using the bluetooth so stream music from my phone to the surround sound.. and for netflix since i moved our roku to the bedroom.

i have nhl 16 which i played once and star wars battlefield which i bought not knowing there was no single player campaign.

i think the time has finally come where im done with console gaming

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
My PS4 still gets near-daily use... but exclusively for two games for me (Spelunky and Rock Band 4) and one for my wife (right now she's back in Fallout 4). I haven't bought a new game for myself since... hm, have I at all this gen? I got RB4 free, the two pack-in games that came with the console, got entitled Spelunky on PS4 from PS3 crossbuy, and I believe every other game on the drive (Fallout 4, Witcher 3, Costume Quest 2) was bought for my wife.

So yeah, console gaming (or at least, console game purchasing) seems a little behind me. The WiiU was the first Nintendo home console I didn't buy (and as a result, the Super Mario games on it the first Super Mario home-console titles I never bought).

Jun 13, 2003
I only have a PS4 for the Show and because EA is too stubborn to release their sports games besides FIFA on PC. Which is also now why I pretty much hardly ever play NHL. I think I'm like 25 games into my season and I've had the game since release.

Wii U gets played more often but still not much. That said I will get a Switch because there's still those few Nintendo series I love

Aug 17, 2005
Ive played my Wii U more than anything over the last 4 years. I adored Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. Despite how let down I felt by the Wii U I will still probably buy a Switch. It looks like genuinely impressive hardware. Plus the fact that it is truly portable and will hopefully mean the end of Nintendo splitting resources between home/portable consoles. I can't wait for a new Luigi's Mansion!

I got an XBone about a year ago (bought it off my brother) and it gets used sparsely. I basically got it exclusively for Fallout 4, which I felt kind of let down by and so didn't play that long. I have recently gotten in Skyrim SE a bit, but still the game I have played most on XBone has been Rocket League. It really is a perfect game.

I wonder if games media has had an impact. I consume almost nothing in terms of videogame media and promotion; so all these games people get incredibly hyped about like No Man's Sky are literally non-existent to me.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
i used to find out about game because of the vesti. but i dont go there anymore.

i play dota2 and thats basically it.

oh and pokemon. i have every handheld.. and the only games i play are the pokemon games. and even then, im struggling to get through pokemon sun. i only play before bed so i get like 20 minutes of game time in each night lol. and the game is pretty meh..

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
I'm at school and I don't have my PS3 or PS4 on me, but whenever I'm home I play HUT and Diamond Dynasty all the time. I really wish I could bring my PS4 with me to my dorm, but my brother uses the system all the time.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I use my PS4 quite often. I usually play Skyrim SE, Fallout 4 or FFXV and I have WWE Network, Hulu & Netflix on it so it gets used quite often.

I got my PC. I have been playing Stardew Valley (fantastic game), Skyrim (cause mods), and a few other indie titles.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Started following hockey before Ottawa had a team. Half the people here were Leafs fans, half were Habs fans, and all of them were insufferable. I didn't want to create camaraderie or animosity with either faction so I decided to find a team to follow that was neither. I had a full-American-sports Satellite tv setup so I was basically choosing between the US based teams that had most of their games broadcast and mostly eastern time zone. Of the options that allowed (basically PHI, NJ, NYR, NYI, or BOS) I just kinda landed on the Devils. Liked how their team was assembled - amazing on D, balanced but no superstar at forward ... if only they had a goalie they could really make some noise.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
i just want the new horizon expansion. literally the only game that has truly had me rushing to finish work so i could play in more than 10 years.

also fortnite is super fun

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
No America,Netherlands, Chile, Wales, and now Ivory Coast at the World Cup.

Possibly Italy. Craziness

Honestly, I think this is the kick that the USMNT needed. A lot of things needed to be changed.

I thought firing Klinsmann was a mistake but rehiring Arena was an even bigger mistake.

Jun 13, 2003
The World Cup rehearsal draw has given my tickets the nightmare scenario of:

France vs Swiss, Japan vs Egypt, Spain vs Saudi Arabia, Peru vs Iran. There is no possible combo of matches worse than this. Hopefully tomorrow's real draw will be kinder lol

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
So on Friday, all Chipotle's (in US, not sure about Canada) are running a promotion: Buy One, Get One Free for burritos, bowls, tacos, etc. if you're wearing a hockey jersey.

I guess this has something to do with Chipotle and the NHL having a partnership deal or something along those lines

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Found this online game from Dobber Hockey that's fantasy hockey with stock trading. Buy low/sell high and use your 50 million cap to build a better team by the end of the season. The inital teams are pretty trash within the cap but this might be pretty decent if you pick right. Here's the link if anyone's interested, you can join the league by clicking "Join Private League" and entering in the info. You have to join the league before creating your team though or else it won't let you.
https://dobbernomics.com/index.php
League Name: IGN Hockey Board
League Id: 150
League Password: IGN

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
I’m in an NHL money fantasy league this season. I’ve got Arvidsson on my IR ready to come off, but I don’t know who to cut. 3 points for goals, 2 for assists. 5 for goalie wins, -1 for goals against. +/- and PIMs are 0.5 points.

I want to cut Tkachuk because it’s just a single season league but I know I’ll regret it. Lundqvist is the other one I’m considering but the three goalie thing is working out for me. Should I cut bait on Jeff Carter? I’m convinced he’ll turn it around.

I have:

3C: Point, Couture, Giroux, Kuznetsov, Thornton, Horvat, (Carter dual)
3LW: Ehlers, Kessel, Brady Tkachuk, Marchand (Giroux dual)
3RW: Carter, Arvidsson, Reilly Smith
4D: OEL, Dumba, Ekblad, Muzzin
2G: Hellebuyck, Dubnyk, Lundqvist

So, lots of centres but they’re all really good. I have no idea who to cut. Arvidsson may be my weak link. Maybe I cut Thornton but he’s a guaranteed source of assists

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
With goals worth more than assists and that many centres, I think you gotta cut Thornton no matter how much it hurts.

Can you run 3 D to keep an extra bench skater? Because even partial production from any of those F looks like it’ll help you more than 100% of Muzzin. He’s a useful defenseman in real life but he’s not fantasy worthwhile at all. Sub-replacement offense, nothing special on pim, and likely this year to be a plus minus liability.

Last edited:

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
With goals worth more than assists and that many centres, I think you gotta cut Thornton no matter how much it hurts.

Can you run 3 D to keep an extra bench skater? Because even partial production from any of those F looks like it’ll help you more than 100% of Muzzin. He’s a useful defenseman in real life but he’s not fantasy worthwhile at all. Sub-replacement offense, nothing special on pim, and likely this year to be a plus minus liability.
Yeah I honestly think running 3D is my best option. I didn't consider that but it makes sense. I really can't cut forwards, they're stacked. This is a 12 team league too, not sure how I got this lucky.

Edit: Problem solved, on mobile it was saying I had to cut someone but on the web it was saying I had an extra roster slot, so I don't need to cut anyone (for now). But I think Muzzin's the next cut if I get a chance to add another forward or I have to cut someone.

Last edited: