Jun 13, 2003
I only ever posted on Vesti when bored as fuck now I basically only post here and still read football and baseball boards. Fuck buds I've been here almost 13 years

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
thanks haha. told my fiancee that my only caveat to the whole thing was that it couldnt be during hockey season. So its going to be september 2017. she wanted it in may but like man.. too risky! what if the habs are playing

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
If I still have the Stanley Cup Cupcake display my brother and I made for his wedding I would send that to you guys but I dunno if we still have it.

Hell the NHL's twitter page loved it

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
My wedding was a May wedding. Turned out I didn't miss any NHL playoff hockey that others didn't also miss - it was lockout 2005.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
So do we get to make the joke, if it wasn't for the lockout you'd still be single? :D

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
I'm going to vacate my spot. Haven't watched a full non-Super Bowl NFL game in at least three years and it's gotten harder to just go through the motions

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
oh snap. did we auto draft?

i already have players on my team lol

edit: looks like our teams stayed the same as last year

Last edited:

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
I'm going to vacate my spot. Haven't watched a full non-Super Bowl NFL game in at least three years and it's gotten harder to just go through the motions

You're still in for Champs league, right?
Yes

oh snap. did we auto draft?

i already have players on my team lol

edit: looks like our teams stayed the same as last year
That's just showing last year's results. League is currently set to offline draft, and if you look at the draft results page you'll see it's empty.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Aw, you mean I don't get to start with 4 of the top 21 players? Drat.

Yeh, I'm in for another season of this. If the draft is between Aug 14 and 21 I likely offline-draft though. Will be cottaging in the wilds of Quebec again, and at present it is unknown if our cell phones will be in reliable data coverage.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
I'm fine with an offline draft or sitting out if you need me to Ifor the even/odd number thing. Got a couple other leagues I play in so I'll play either way. I'm fine with being auto drafted in an online draft too, my schedule usually prevents me from being online during good draft times though.

Last edited:

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
so just like last year, it defaulted to keeper status.

DQ has been removed. this is all for shits and giggles so I'm okay with 13 teams and the bye weeks, but if everyone could confirm their participation that'd be grande.

I'll post a thread for it by the weekend, unless someone else wants to beat me to.

draft time has been set for Thurs Aug 25 730pm of a time zone I did not check, but the draft can change. we can discuss non-ideal time frames here, or in the official thread once it's up and goin

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
So I blew out my knee playing hockey on sunday

Total freak accident. Took a shot like I normally do, immediately on the follow-through i felt multiple massive pops on the left side in my right knee (the bad one) and I went down like a sack of bricks.

BlackMolly

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 29, 2010
So I went to see Bon Iver at the Hollywood Bowl last night. My wife and I were just hanging out in our seats between the opening sets, checking everything out. I look down toward the aisle and I see this really tall guy standing there who looks really familiar. He turns around a little and I realize it's freakin' Jay Onrait standing there with an usher trying to find his seats, maybe 30 feet away from me. So it's quiet and between sets and the place is still mostly empty, but of course I stand up and yell BOBROVSKY at the top of my lungs at him, my wife sinks into her chair and buries her face in her hands. Jay and his wife walk over to me and shake my hand and introduce themselves and I'm just trying to apologize for yelling BOBROVSKY at him. Then they realize that I'm not the guy they came over here to meet up with. That guy is sitting a few rows back behind me. So they awkwardly walk away from me and up to meet this other guy and Jay says something like "I thought you were THIS guy", pointing to an Asian guy up the steps, which was pretty funny since I'm a giant white dude. Pretty hilarious encounter, I can't imagine that even being an anchor on Fox Sports One out here that anyone really recognizes him in public in LA let alone yells his old TSN jokes at him.

Jun 13, 2003
After that Julio catch Falcons could have literally knelt 3 times then kick field goal game over. Why they were passing with like 3:30 seconds left in chip shot range to go up 11 is beyond me

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2005
I was about ready to go to sleep when it was 28-3 in the third quarter.

The Nintendo Switch commercial aired immediately before the Pats comeback began.

bosbulls2005

No Longer a Noob
Oct 6, 2005
Tselinoyarsk
Wii U was pretty much a failure...but it's not like they are releasing the Switch right after the Wii U's release. The Wii U is about 4 years old, and Nintendo tends to release a new console every 4-5 years.

Also, that Falcons play calling was abysmal.

denkaas

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2001
I liked my Wii U but it just wasn't enough. Pretty much every game I was interested in getting only filled one small shelf(if you put some older Wii games on the shelf with it).

I'm looking forward to the Switch and have already preordered it but I'm afraid it might suffer the same fate.