clank3000

No Longer a Noob
Nov 18, 2004
This thread made me feel all nostalgic.

I do hope this mention system works through quotes or else I'm going to look like a huge tit.

Mention system? So I just need to type [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/i_dsev.4121441/']@I_Dsev[/URL] or some such and people come running? How things have changed [face_thinking]

I don't often anymore, I just happened to be passing through when I read the RP and thought of you guys.

Ha, I did this too. Well a little bit. Mostly dug through about 40-50 odd pages until I found the last one I remembered. And then proceeded to hate my writing. Ugh, I hate reading stuff I wrote #-oOf course it also made me miss writing.

Hey [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/cream04849.374574/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/cream04849.374574/']@Cream04849[/URL][/URL] how long did the RP go?

How has everyone else been?

Don't leave me hanging ~o)

Cream04849

Don't Tase Me, Bro!
Jul 14, 2001
Portland, ME
Hey clank! The RP actually continued on for several more installments after you and a lot of the others who got it going left. I think it was probably around the middle of KotNR VII that it finally lost steam, which is a pretty damn good run if you ask me.

clank3000

No Longer a Noob
Nov 18, 2004
Wow that's awesome! Looking back, I was pretty bad with the whole taking-charge-of-a-plot-and-then-abandoning-it-thing. I'm glad it kept going strong.

So how's life treating everyone? It seems like just yesterday, but the last time I really posted here consistently (or anywhere) was half a decade ago... time flies.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
I ran clank! You started something special with that RP, I always regret over looking the first one. Cream kept it going pretty magnificently, I still find it a little sad it didn't get an ending but then again this whole board is a bit sad, it used to be so active!

Its nice to see people come back even for a chat.

clank3000

No Longer a Noob
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah it's nice catching up with familiar names. And thanks for the kind words — the RP was fun. I miss writing. I just don't have any time for it any more, same with video games, forums, et. al.

A two year old running around the house will do that!

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
You have a lil clank [face_shock] That's such good news! Well, two year old news but still! Have you got them through a playthrough of Kotor yet [face_tongue]

clank3000

No Longer a Noob
Nov 18, 2004
More like a lil' version of my wife — I swear she's like her little clone [face_tongue]

Although she does like the pretend she's a robot and absolutely loves Big Hero 6 [face_thinking]

I think the last time I played Kotor was about a year ago on my iPad (so cool). But I just realized I shall never again play Kotor 2, unless I buy a new Xbox or get a functioning PC. Unless they ever bring that game to the iPad too (unlikely). Sigh.

Cherokeeblood

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 7, 2009
I don't understand why this board is so dead. I JUST STARTED playing SWTOR! And I still see plenty of other players running around during my game. So I know people are still playing this game.

I really like it so far, but I gotta say it's been pretty hard to complete the bigger missions so far. If you don't complete every little side quest mission to level up the machine mission and the blood soaked skull mission on koribban are impossible if your playing alone. I finally beat the red skull mission. I have the final trial mission left, I was getting OWNED by the droids in that tomb. Finally figured out I was able to pick an advanced class... So I guess I'll go complete the activation of the machine in that one tomb now, then hopefully I'll be up to the task of completing the final trial...

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/cream04849.374574/']@Cream04849[/URL] do you have a link to the restoration mod you used for KOTOR2? Last time I tried it it didn't work and I'm fairly sure there's a couple of there that are sort of half done so I'm guessing if you liked it I'd like it too!

I've always been gutted that games have never rewarded you for being grey, I would've thought The Old Republic would've learned this but NOPE.

Oudo64

Noob
Feb 25, 2009
Yeah it's nice catching up with familiar names. And thanks for the kind words — the RP was fun. I miss writing. I just don't have any time for it any more, same with video games, forums, et. al.

A two year old running around the house will do that!
Sign in for nostalgia and everyone's a parent suddenly!!