Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
I pastor a small church in a small town in the mountains. Got out of the office life about 5 years ago. What are you studying?
Pastoring is tough work. I do not envy you at all.

Well, most of my classes are on a big cardiology kick, so lots and lots of stuff about congestive heart failure, hypertension, heart attacks and atherosclerosis. Should be starting a parasite unit in my infectious disease class in January, which I am super excited about.

Anybody still play the game?
Did a runthrough of 1&2 a couple of months ago.

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
wow that sounds like a pretty serious course load. are you studying pre med or nursing? or would that be med school? whatever it is, certainly sounds like you have your hands full.

pastoring is a lot of work, I work harder and more hours now than I did through 2 SAP implementations but honestly I love it and don't mind a bit. though it has put a major hurting on my game time which i'm not as excited about :(

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Full on med school. [face_peace]

When you like what you're doing, the hours don't seem to matter as much. I know what you mean though, I don't think I've looked at a new game in two years.

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Wow good for you. Tough work but it pays well once you get out. Have a doctor in my church and he works crazy hours.

Haha yeah this year I was embarrassed when my family wanted to know games for Christmas for me and I didn't have any to tell them. I guess I'm getting old officially now. Had to happen sooner or later I guess.

Where are you doing your med school?

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Depends on the specialty but yeah.

Hey, at school you are not considered old until you hit like 65, and even then that's more "middle-age". [face_tongue]

CCOM

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
You know the old saying it isn't the age its the mileage...well this car has been beaten up pretty bad [face_tongue]. By 65 I will be ancient :)

Getting close to your residency yet?

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Haha wow definitely not the fast track to money then huh [face_tongue]

Well I hope you have a merry Christmas and gets lots of great stuff and all. Maybe even a new game :)

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Nope, but think of all the wonderful toys to play with. [face_tongue]

Belated Merry Christmas and early Happy New Year[face_hugs]

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
sorry for the slow reply, busy with work. moved to the Adirondacks and itdon.e en busy just getting everything settledChristmas.. you know life [face_tongue] add a 2.5 year old into that and you don't get much free time but oh well, life is good.

how are you doing? also rose how are you? i need to get into here more often i definitely miss chatting with all of you

I feel you pain. My oldest just turned 2 and my youngest is 9.5 months old. 0_o those 2 alone make things difficult to get done hope every one who celebrates had a good christmas

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Oh man rose no down time for you at all I'm sure. My daughter will turn 3 in February and just doesn't stop....well unless you put barney on or the like. I can honestly say I have I'll will toward that little purple jerk. It was sure fun watching her tear into her gifts this year though.

How've you been rose?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Yup except for those rare moments when both are asleep. I dread when Barney comes on but they love it, and its better than a lot of other things they could be watching. I'll be she had fun Christmas morning. Everyone loves to buy gifts for little kids its like a toys r us truck flipped in my house. I'm looking forward to next year-a 3 year old and (almost) 2 year old. :) The wrapping paper will be flying.

How've you been?
Just super busy here with life and everything.

Has anyone seen the hobbit yet?

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
I've been great just busy. a little over a year ago I moved to a new church here in the heart of the Adirondack mountains which I absolutely love but it keeps you busy settling in and working with a new church and such. but i'm dong really good, no real complaints.

yes I have...twice actually (I went opening day and then my wife made me take her to see it a few days later) I loved the movie, more of the same really so if you loved LotR then there is just more to love in the hobbit. not really sure how they are going to stretch it out to 3 films though but i'm happy to watch and see :) have you seen it?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
I'll bet you get to see awesome views of the mountains every day.

Of course. [face_tongue] My husband and I went to see it opening weekend. I honestly would have sat there for the 8 hours if it meant seeing the whole story all the way through. When I heard it was going to be 3 movies I had a wtf moment. I mean really.... the Hobbit is a realitively short children's novel. But what do I know about making a movie.

Happy 2013 (I know... one day later). New years resolution? Run 5k! :)

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Yeah I was surprised when I heard that it would be another epic trilogy but I certainly trust Peter Jackson after what he did with LotR. I guess he used a lot from the appendices to help flesh out the story. I definitely can't wait to see the rest of the movies. Planning a marathon with all six extended editions for some time in 2015 :)

The mountains are great, well aside from the 38" of snow in my yard and the -21°F that it is outside tonight :(

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
The Hobbit is much more entertaining right after you play Dragon Age for a few hours beforehand.

Hess, if the snow gets any higher you won't have to build an igloo so much as hollow one out.[face_tongue]

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Haha I know it eris, we have enough as far as I'm concerned but lately there has been a little falling each day. Not much only an inch or two but every day and on top of what we have makes way to much snow. And then add the high winds that we get in the winter off the mountains and it makes it a shoveling nightmare.

Rb I can't speak for everyone but I'm doing good. If you are actually referring to the game the old republic, sadly I don't know, never tried it, just not a big mmorpg fan though if they ever get around to making KotR3 I will be very excited, not very optimistic though since the series missed this whole console generation. What's it been about 7 years since kotor2 was released.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
It did take them like what 10 years to release doom 3. Of course they had been up front about the fact they were working on it. I think we were short changed. An unfinished second game, and then, no conclusion to any of it. Jerks. [face_angry]

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
They tried to say that the old republic was supposed to be like the next few sequels but to be honest it really isn't. There are so many questions left hanging like where did Regan go and such. Dang it I want a sequel!!!! Sadly there has been no real news for quite a while.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Supposedly the book "Revan" is meant to answer that, though I've heard some...complaints about it writing wise.

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
I haven't seen the book. I might have to look into that after I get the last wheel of time book. Looking forward to finally finishing that series.

protoave14

Noob
May 1, 2012
To the people who say that they don't do mmo's, just give it a try. You can play it for free and I'm having fun with it (I went from free-to-play to subscriber). I don't like most mmo's, but there's a lot to do in SWTOR and they put in a lot of effort. And the game isn't dead like you think. People aren't talking about it on IGN much anymore, but the servers are packed. It's making a late comeback.

Cream04849

Don't Tase Me, Bro!
Jul 14, 2001
Portland, ME
I'm still around for the most part, just very busy with grad school. Not a whole lot of time for RPing unfortunately, though I did recently replay KOTOR I & II.

I do still occasionally talk with Rotc, but it's been a while. How is everyone else doing around here?

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
Using tags is like calling The Avengers.

Last time an RP tried to resurface it didn't do too well, I'd be surprised we could ever get something like before with everyone so busy, how is school any how? Also how does KOTOR old up in this day and age? It's been an age since I've played them.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Still holds up fairly well, unless you NEED your graphics all shiny and shit. Storywise--still good.

Cream, what are you in grad school for again?

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
Did they ever get that Gizka mod out for KOTOR2? The one that filled in the missing pieces, I remember downloading some beta version of it but I think I installed it wrong or something because after GOTO ships it just kept freezing on the Ebon Hawk.

Cream04849

Don't Tase Me, Bro!
Jul 14, 2001
Portland, ME
Grad school is going great, I'm attending an MFA program in Creative Writing and working on a book, my plan is to teach college writing after I get my Masters (and obviously I'd like to get published).

But enough about me. In my opinion the KOTORs are still excellent games if you can go into them not expecting them to be Mass Effect or Skyrim. They may not be as advanced technically, but they're timeless for me regardless, like Ocarina of Time and other older games. They will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited:

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
There's a "The Sith Lords: Restored Content" Mod I tried out that was quite worth it. I think they recently updated it too.

Cream, you have no idea how much I envy you right now. [face_tongue] Seriously.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
You should write a book about this board [face_shock]

Hmmm, might have to install that, but I've got a bad feeling that I've got the Skyrim/Oblivion/KOTOR1/KOTOR2 craving where I'll make a new character then get bored 20 minutes in.

Also,

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Pretty good game.

Interesting how after the power went out the 49ers got their act together. Glad the Ravens won though

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
I almost fell asleep at the end...but that was because it was 4 in the morning. Were the 49ers the underdogs?

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
According to the football aficionados in the house:

"Both teams are good teams. The 49ers probably have more finesse, and are the better team, but the Ravens are hungrier and want it more"

Basically, the 49ers had the edge skills wise, but the Ravens came to play and play hard.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
I went for the Ravens because of Ray Lewis to be honest, was close though, thought they were going to lose it.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
Seriously.
The EXCITEMENT is mounting for Star Wars KOTOR III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My excitement for Man of Steel is going craaaaazzyyyyyy. In the words of Kanye West...It is cray.

By the way I assume everyone knows J.J Abrams is directing the new Star Wars films with rumours of it being a female protagonist...Maybe this is your chance Eris? Remember me when you're famous [face_peace]

jediInsano

Noob
Feb 5, 2013
Seriously.
The EXCITEMENT is mounting for Star Wars KOTOR III !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My excitement for Man of Steel is going craaaaazzyyyyyy. In the words of Kanye West...It is cray.

By the way I assume everyone knows J.J Abrams is directing the new Star Wars films with rumours of it being a female protagonist...Maybe this is your chance Eris? Remember me when you're famous [face_peace]

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England

Ohhhhh okay...

[face_mischief] Well played IGN.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Did someone say my name?

I wish I had time to rp or even stop by here more than once every 6 weeks.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
I put the Bat signal out.

Yeah, everyone's so busy at the moment, I guess that's life though, I was just thinking back to when this board was Knights of the Old Republic and it was probably one of the most busiest boards on this site, it's a shame how things turned out, btw does anyone play The Old Republic?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Ahhhh... the good old days. Life was so much more fun/simpler then. Mainly I miss the whole not getting kicked in the proverbial nuts every week.

I've been semi-interested in playing the old republic but haven't had the opportunity to yet.

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
I wish I could play it but once I get to the main game it starts to slow down, I don't think my computer can handle it :( I recently got Jade Empire through the post though, I've heard that's supposed to be good. Right?