starmin76

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 16, 2006
Eh, kind of a dead franchise, really. Every thing there is to say about it has already been said.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Never tried to get into those. I said good by to kotor and hello to mass effect a while ago. (At least ea can deliver sometimes) It's just been taking me forever to finish the third one. :(

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Eh...couldn't get into Mass Effect. Its gathering dust in my collection right now.
To be fair, I don't have time anymore for any long-length, in depth games that I don't already know by heart. :(

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Same here. Life is simply too busy to spend a lot of time on a game. Perks of getting old i guess.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Getting married, having babies, working on being a professional photographer.
You know, nothing special. :)

How about you?

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Congrats, congrats and triple congrats! [face_hugs]

The usual: studying, studying, and more studying. Finals are in just over a week, so social life is pretty much nil at this point.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Nice. Good luck with school. I've heard medical school is not easy to get through.

Last edited:

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Its more being able to assimilate large volumes of information in a short period of time than anything else.

So what kind of photography are you doing currently, rose?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Sounds like a lot of other grad programs. Just 10 times more stressful.

I'm doing portraits and weddings for money. And nature/lanscape/architecture for fun. I honestly tried to set up an etsy shop to sell prints but they told me i didnt exist. :^O :(

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Yes, but think of all the cool toys we might someday get to use. [face_tongue]

Got any links to your stuff? And boo on etsy, I never liked them anyway.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Mmmmm.... sharp, pointy objects. Definitely not an occupation for me. Too squeamish. I considered maybe working in a maternity ward once. No way i could do it after having kids. They'd fire me for trying to convince some women not to do things.

The only stuff i really have online is on facebook.
www.facebook.com/vandeventerphotography

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
I was thinking more about some of the cameras and imaging equipment they have to look inside the eyes. Pretty sure I'm not heading into OB-GYN or surgery either, too much hassle as far as malpractice.

Those are amazing, rose.:)

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Yeah i could see that part of it being interesting. It seems like you'd have to worry about getting sued no matter what you do in the medical field. People always look for someone besides themselves to blame whenever some little thing goes wrong.

Thanks. :) i still think a lot of stuff is amateurish, but gotta start some where.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
It does go with the field, but there are ways to minimize the risk. You just have to be okay with knowing that at some point someone will screw you over so hard you'll be flossing with your undies. [face_tongue]

Hey, as long as you improve, right? Though to be honest they do look pretty professional to me.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Busy. 2 dinners 3 hours apart, with 45 minutes of travel time between the 2 locations. Add my little terrors and crazy family into the mess and it should make for a fun time.
How about you? Doing anything fun for Thanksgiving?

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
How many terrors do you have now?

Heading west to see the Boyfiend's parents and friends. Should be entertaining

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Well that depends on you definition of terror. 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 kids, and, of course, the husband. Only the people though get ti enjoy Thanksgiving.

Traveling for the holidays would be fun. We're thinking florida for next year.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
I think all those count as terrors. [face_tongue] And I'm sure the furred ones will be quite jealous.

Depends when/where though. For Christmas or Thanksgiving?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Especially the cats who love turkey.

It'll be the orlando area, where some of my husband's family lives. We dont plan on doing any super touristy things thougg

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Oh yes, they certainly do. [face_tongue] Ours almost got more turkey than we did last year

You should at least take them to the beach.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Typical cat.
We were definitely going to the beach. But we also wanted to stop in atlanta to see the georgia aquarium.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
One is typical. The other is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

They will love that. So you are driving then?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Sounds like our cats. One is obviously evil and intelligent, the other not so much. Granted I've seen the more intelligent of the two do some pretty stupid things.

Yeah. Definitely driving there. Mainly because one kid will be almost 3, the other a year and a half. You have to pack so much extra junk for them. We would have to pay for so much extra baggage if we flew down.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
But they are cute, so we keep them around. [face_tongue]

True, and baggage fees have gone up considerably in the past few years. Thought about bringing an audiobook for a distraction?

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
And.... 2+ weeks later i get a chance to reply.... -_-'

Darn you life and your ability to get in the way of everything.[face_tongue]

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
I hear its very pretty ther. Be sure to enjoy some baked goods for the rest of us, too. :) I know a lot of people who cant wait for that to be legalized here.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
We plan on doing a lot of skiing. [face_tongue] Given the runs out there, I'm not sure I'd want to mix it with anything.

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
you shouldn't go to colorado to ski, you should come out this way. of course i'm spoiled as i have a great ski resort in view of my house :)

how has everyone been by the way, long time since i've checked in here, good to see some of the old gang still around

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Too late, we already bought the tickets. [face_tongue]

I never see the sun anymore, but other than that, fine. What have you been up to?

I_Dsev

Token
Feb 27, 2005
England
How awfully depressing.

Maybe with Disney in charge something will be done and not only will the series breathe life once again but also this board.

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
eris - i've been doing good, i stay way to busy but i'm getting used to that. colorado should be a nice trip, beautiful this time of year for sure. i will stay here in the heart of the adirondacks and suffer :D

dsev - that would be nice though to be honest, disney hasn't really done a whole lot with their IP's on the game front. a few kids games here and there but as a whole i haven't been impressed. obviously they didn't have an ip as strong in games as Star Wars but i don't know if they will know how to handle it.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Busy doing what, hess? [face_tongue] Its only suffering if you don't like it

I_Dsev, hope springs eternal. [face_hugs]

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Mmmmmm......

Star wars!
Nothing but Star Wars!
Invading the theaters.
It's coming real soon...

Sorry... Lack of sleep is getting to me.
How is everyone?

I am interested in how the new movies will play out. Dianey could be the best or worst thing to happen to the franchise.

rosewarrior

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 13, 2005
Oh wow... Note to self turn off and hide anything that allows me to communicate with the outside world when i get super tired. I'm worse than some one who's had one too many drinks. No joke, i told my husband his face looked like a butt one night.

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Oh wow... Note to self turn off and hide anything that allows me to communicate with the outside world when i get super tired. I'm worse than some one who's had one too many drinks. No joke, i told my husband his face looked like a butt one night.
Well, rose, if it really DID look like a butt, I think you are in the clear

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
sorry for the slow reply, busy with work. moved to the Adirondacks and it's been busy just getting everything settled and such. you know life [face_tongue] add a 2.5 year old into that and you don't get much free time but oh well, life is good.

how are you doing? also rose how are you? i need to get into here more often i definitely miss chatting with all of you

Eris_v.2.0

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 20, 2005
Currently I'm so excited because class was cancelled this afternoon.[face_dancing]

So what do you do for work now?

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
Currently I'm so excited because class was cancelled this afternoon.[face_dancing]

So what do you do for work now?

I pastor a small church in a small town in the mountains. Got out of the office life about 5 years ago. What are you studying?

hessja

Noob
Sep 22, 2004
I played kotor 1&2 quite a bit but really haven't tried the old republic. Just not a big mmo guy