Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
about the gallery of time, floor 24, you need to complete all of sedas memory, which is the georama for dark heavens castle. tehre is no actual town, you just complete memory pieces and watch them. so for the time gate to let you through, you must complete and watch every part of sedas memory.

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
you must not have much of a life and i pity you, if you have to purposely register an account for something to spread negatively and make fun of other people. You're saying stuff about people you don't even know and quite honestly the world would be a better place without people like you on it.

Aug 6, 2007
I Need Help!!
I Cant Beat The 1st Boss Divne Beast!! Help Please.. What Do I Do.. All He Does Is fly Around And Shoot Fire And All I Can Do Is Run!! HELP ME[face_monkey]

Jun 22, 2007
On Dark cloud 2 I have 2 problems:
1.Ihave a name change ticket and don't know how to use it.
2.I need a name for monica's magic.

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
to beat dran, have xiao shoot hime with the slingshot, he will then go to the ground, thats when you hit him with toan. the name change ticket changes any weapon to the weapon name you choose for it. EX if you change the name of the gladius blade(monica) to 'Island King', it will become the powerful weapon island king. if you want a weapopn name for monicas armband i would recommend looking at a build up chart at gamefaqs.

latham01

Noob
Sep 4, 2007
In Dark Haven, I have all of Seda's memories, but I can't reconstruct them. Is something wrong with my game (we got it used) or did I miss something.

Nickbro8N

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 18, 2004
well the only time you can construct and thing from atla is either while in edit mode or in a dungeon, and since there is no place to start editing in DHC, you hace to construct them at another town i think while in edit mode or in the gallery of time, this should solve your problem. also i got my dark cloud used also so urs should be fine.

debacle51

Noob
Oct 13, 2007
Hi. Don't know if you're still answering questions, but i have one forDC2. What's the best way to get synth points for my ridepod? He's still weak and I need points to add upgrades?

Aug 21, 2007
which attribute does the most damage without taking into consideration the element type of the opponent. Or all they all the same? (Dark cloud 1)

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
Answer for the last question: it seems that Holy is the best all-around attribute for a weapon in early levels, particularly the Shipwreck. Once you get to the Demon Shaft, however, you really have to switch the elements on the weapon around to kill the monsters quickly.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
ToxiMoron said:
Answer for the last question: it seems that Holy is the best all-around attribute for a weapon in early levels, particularly the Shipwreck. Once you get to the Demon Shaft, however, you really have to switch the elements on the weapon around to kill the monsters quickly.

or just shwtich them off as some arnt effected by any element

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
Yeah, that White Fang werewolf really messed me up the first time through the Demon Shaft. I thought he was invincible until I figured out what to do. "Oh, no...what if one of them is carrying the Dark Knight Crest? They have to be able to be killed some way!" LOL

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
Once you've defeated the Dark Genie (the Dark Genie's on the last floor of "Gallery Of Time" dungeon called "Night Of The Incident"), the Demon Shaft will show up on the world map, slightly above Dark Heaven Castle and the Gallery of time checkpoints.
The good thing about it is, only one save file with a defeated Dark Genie is required on your memory card to open up the Demon Shaft for everyone else. In other words, if a friend of yours has another save file and you've defeated the Dark Genie, the Demon Shaft will show up for your buddy once Dark Heaven Castle is activated.
Hope this makes sense! ;^)

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
ToxiMoron said:
Once you've defeated the Dark Genie (the Dark Genie's on the last floor of "Gallery Of Time" dungeon called "Night Of The Incident"), the Demon Shaft will show up on the world map, slightly above Dark Heaven Castle and the Gallery of time checkpoints.
The good thing about it is, only one save file with a defeated Dark Genie is required on your memory card to open up the Demon Shaft for everyone else. In other words, if a friend of yours has another save file and you've defeated the Dark Genie, the Demon Shaft will show up for your buddy once Dark Heaven Castle is activated.
Hope this makes sense! ;^)

[face_shock] thats new to me that must be what it was some guy claimed he got there with out beating the genie said it might be a glitch , so what your saying is the darkcaslte just has to be unlocked in order to get into the demon shaft you don't need to vs the dark genie ? [face_thinking]

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
Not exactly. The saved Dark Cloud data on the memory card must have at least one file with a game that has the Dark Genie defeated. After that, any other 'new' game you play and create a new file, once you trigger the events that cause Dark Heaven Castle and the Gallery of time to show up on the map, the Demon Shaft will be there also.
In other words, if you haven't defeated the Dark Genie on the memory card at all, the Demon Shaft won't show up until you have.
...In short, don't ever erase your Dark Cloud data off of your memory card! Going up the Demon Shaft and leveling up your weapons BEFORE taking on the Dark Genie is a great way to get prepared. ;^)

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
ToxiMoron said:
Not exactly. The saved Dark Cloud data on the memory card must have at least one file with a game that has the Dark Genie defeated. After that, any other 'new' game you play and create a new file, once you trigger the events that cause Dark Heaven Castle and the Gallery of time to show up on the map, the Demon Shaft will be there also.
In other words, if you haven't defeated the Dark Genie on the memory card at all, the Demon Shaft won't show up until you have.
...In short, don't ever erase your Dark Cloud data off of your memory card! Going up the Demon Shaft and leveling up your weapons BEFORE taking on the Dark Genie is a great way to get prepared. ;^)

well you learn something new everyday thx :)

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
No problem. You're right about learning something new every day in video games, I just found this in Dark Cloud last night for the first time:
In the upper level of Basker's Store (his bedroom), there's a newspaper on the table with a magnifying glass laying on it. If you look carefully at the headline, it says something like "TAKE A LOOK INSIDE SEYMOUR SKINNER'S BACHELOR BUNGALOW" [face_silly]
That's pretty close to what it says; I can't quite read it all. But it says Seymour Skinner for sure. Who knew Dark Cloud had a Simpsons connection?

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
ToxiMoron said:
No problem. You're right about learning something new every day in video games, I just found this in Dark Cloud last night for the first time:
In the upper level of Basker's Store (his bedroom), there's a newspaper on the table with a magnifying glass laying on it. If you look carefully at the headline, it says something like "TAKE A LOOK INSIDE SEYMOUR SKINNER'S BACHELOR BUNGALOW" [face_silly]
That's pretty close to what it says; I can't quite read it all. But it says Seymour Skinner for sure. Who knew Dark Cloud had a Simpsons connection?

[face_shock]you have got to be kidding me iv been to every part and taped X but never saw that , screen shot ?

[link=http://boards.ign.com/dark_cloud/b5216/143079728/p1/?2]FTW arnt you going to post in this therd[/link] ?[face_thinking]

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
Well, I don't have a camera to take a picture of the screen, also, I don't have a 'subsription' to this site, so that won't allow HTML Photobucket, Image Shack links in the first place, which is rather odd. This is the first gaming forum I've seen that has these requirements, but I'm sure you've heard it all before.
Anyway, it's easy enough to see for yourself. Just go to Queens and up the stairs outside of Basker's store after you've placed it, and it's on the table in his bedroom (you can see it if you stand in front of the newspaper and press the R2 button).
As for the other thread, I saw it the other day, and since I don't have the Japanese version of the game, I figured nothing would work. But seeing that you've made a new post there, I'll check it out. ;^)
I still haven't found that Flapping Duster, BTW. ARRGGGH!

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
ToxiMoron said:
Well, I don't have a camera to take a picture of the screen, also, I don't have a 'subsription' to this site, so that won't allow HTML Photobucket, Image Shack links in the first place, which is rather odd. This is the first gaming forum I've seen that has these requirements, but I'm sure you've heard it all before.
Anyway, it's easy enough to see for yourself. Just go to Queens and up the stairs outside of Basker's store after you've placed it, and it's on the table in his bedroom (you can see it if you stand in front of the newspaper and press the R2 button).
As for the other thread, I saw it the other day, and since I don't have the Japanese version of the game, I figured nothing would work. But seeing that you've made a new post there, I'll check it out. ;^)
I still haven't found that Flapping Duster, BTW. ARRGGGH!

bold= you dont need one just to post links anyway can you look at the front page ? there were a few others i waned you to post in ;)

Dec 25, 2007
okay i need help at Yellow Drops where the guy by the arch says he wants a rare moon item..i was wondering what he was talking about and if you might happen to know what the item would be...or if anyone knew?? please help. thanks. :]

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
:^/ I believe he is asking for a trade item. There is a series of trades that thread throughout the plot. One is a peppermint candy, which you can get in Matataki Village from either CousCous the huge white marshmallow guy, or from BunBuku. (I think) when you get his sister to come down from the beam where she's sulking.

In later rounds/levels the candy can be traded for something else, which can be traded again later still, etcetera. Ultimately, you get a sunstone gem for your weapons. It increases all statistics somewhat. It's the strongest gem in the game.

;^) Mind you, this series of trades isn't necessary to complete the story; it's just a fun thing on the side.

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
You trade the peppermint candy to Bunbuku for the Ointment Leaf. Give this to Basker in Queens (the guy that stores your stuff there), he will give you the "Foundation." When you get to Muska Lacka, give the Foundation to Jibubu. He must be inside his house for this part to work. He'll give you the Clay Doll, and this is what you give Marina at Yellow Drops.

jjramer

Noob
Jan 2, 2008
Hey,
I was reading some cheats on this web site and while reading I came across something called a name change ticket.
This is in DC2 but i have had no luck at finding it. Can you help me? Or is there even 1 in dark cloud 2?

Nibelung_Valesti

It shall be engraved upon your soul!
Sep 24, 2006
Valhalla
You can get the Name Change Tickets from Mayor Need. You must trade in medals for them, you can't just buy them from him. The medals are awarded by completing dungeons in the ways specified; for example winning Spheda, completing a dungeon within the time stated, for catching a fish bigger than the stated size, etc.

Mr._Pseudonym

Feb 4, 2004
:^/ The Name Change Ticket can be obtained from the Mayor of Palm Brinks after you've recruited him into your party. You can only but them with medals, however. You can earn medal by meeting certain requirements while completing dungeon levels. For example, some require that you use only Max's right hand weapon, or only Monica's armband, or only the ridepod, etc. Each dungeon has a medal for completion time. Some have medals for Spheda, some for fishing, and on and on.

After entering a region's dungeon area, but before entering a dungeon level itself, highlight one of the dungeons on your map and hit (I think) the triangle button. This will call up a page with information about the dungeon. This informaion will include medal categories, and whether you've completed any of them, and so on.

;^) It's pretty cool bonus stuff, actually.

Jan 13, 2008
i have not recruited him yet do you know the code he asks for.the code he talks about with claires birthday and bunable garbage and non burnable garbage THAT CODE?

Nibelung_Valesti

It shall be engraved upon your soul!
Sep 24, 2006
Valhalla
The "Flower Bathed in Light" can be found in the flowers near the Waterfall Curtain in the Flower Garden in the Moon Flower Palace.

Anzhela

Noob
Jan 26, 2008
Hi, I hope somebody can answer my question.

I've gotten stuck at the Chapter 3 georama twice now because I haven't been able to build a church. The first time I played, I thought it was because of a glitch, so I played the game through again, and I still don't know what's going on.

I looked through the 'Make' section with the carpenterion and there is no church there to be built. I have more than enough of the items to make one, and I've gotten all of the geostones before the valley where I came to a dead end, so does anybody know what could be wrong?

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
I don't know if it makes a difference, but this is the level where the 4 sections of the valley must be the same height, as I remember. Have you located priest Bruno yet? [face_confused]

Anzhela

Noob
Jan 26, 2008
A glitch is what I was afraid of. #-o

I've gotten Priest Bruno to join my party, and each of the platforms are the same height. I'd like to play the rest of the game, but I don't know why I can't get any further.

I'll try searching more to see if there's anything about a possible glitch like this. I haven't found anything so far.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Mr._Pseudonym

Feb 4, 2004
:^/ If you can't build something because the instructions aren't available to the Carpenterion, then you need to locate the GeoStone that includes those instructions. This is the programmers' way of stopping you building things too soon. Re-visit all of the dungeons for that level and clear each of them out completely. If you haven't gotten the appropriate GeoStone yet, it should still be there to be found.

Anzhela

Noob
Jan 26, 2008
That's what I was thinking the first time I played the game up to that point, so I've checked and checked both times. I looked at each dungeon for that level, but it says I've gotten the geostone for each one. I played through the dungeons again anyway, just in case... but there weren't any more geostones to be found.

I must have done something to cause a glitch somewhere. I've tried everything else I can think of. lol.

It's a shame, too. I was enjoying the game.

Mr._Pseudonym

Feb 4, 2004
:^/ Hmmmm. Can you continue to the next area? Perhaps the GeoStone is in a later dungeon and you'll have to double back to finish this one. Orrrr, have you completed the side quest to Barda's Canyon? It's the one where Monica teaches Max about Spheda. One of the dungeons along that path may have the GeoStone we need.

If you've already done that one. Then I'm stumped. My strategy guide is at my brother's place, so I can't look up the exact dungeon for you right now.

Anzhela

Noob
Jan 26, 2008
Hiya, Mr. P.

Barga's is the place I get stuck at. Instead of getting the quest, I get a cut scene where Max asks Monica, "Is there anything here?". Monica says something like, "No, but it feels like there should be."

I figured that happened because I didn't complete enough things on the Analysis page, but even after getting all of the geostones, most of the conditions were left as question marks, so I had to hop online to figure them out. Once I did that, I read that I had to make a church, but found that there wasn't one in the carpenterion to be made.

After Barga's valley, I can't get to any of the next dungeons, just the ones I've been in up to that point.

I'm completely stumped.

ToxiMoron

Noob
Jun 15, 2006
OK, I think I've got it figured out--
The area where the church geostone is located is called the Smiling Fairy Village. Before that, there should have been two paths to take, you should have taken the Moon Path. If you didn't, go back to where there were two paths and take that one.
And, like the village name, you'll know you're in the right place when you start taking on monsters called Smiling Faries. This is the only area you'll fight them except at the very beginning of chapter 3.
Hope this gets you out of the mess, this game is indeed worth it if you can continue on. [face_thinking]

Mr._Pseudonym

Feb 4, 2004
;^) ToxiMoron is correct that the GeoStone with the church is in the dungeon named "Smiling Fairy Villiage." It's listed as dungeon number seven, but I'm unsure which order the strategy guide would have us explore them.

As for Monica thinking that there should be something, she's correct. Max will have to explore around the valley until he finds the "handy stick," which is the begining Spheda club. Once he finds that, he should return to Monica. She'll explain how to play Spheda. Once Max completes the Spheda challenge for that level, there will be another event. I'll say no more so as not to spoil it for you.

Good luck....

Anzhela

Noob
Jan 26, 2008
Thanks, guys! I'll try that out. I read something about two different paths in a walkthrough and wondered if I might have taken the wrong one.

Cheers. :)

Apr 6, 2008
To get Ruby you have to complete King's house. Now I have a question. What do I do with the cream that you get in queens

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I BOUGHT DARK CLOUD WITH GREAT REGRET!!

i thought it would be an amazing awesome game but i was wrong!
im still in the first dungeon (6th floor i think) becuz the freakin bats keep poisonin me
and i have to use an antidote, then wen anotha poisons me again i die cuz i have no more antidotes!

its stupid!!! the block button does nothing, and the weapons break so freakin easily!!

sizdor

Noob
Jun 6, 2008
ok you can help me i just started playing 1 mouth ago i`m stumped on chapter 5 go to the machine thats making the place i need to build stuff in rain emders what fo i need to brake the door or open it

sizdor

Noob
Jun 6, 2008
now this is for th guy before me is it DC1 or DC2 thers a huge diffrece
[face_shame_on_you] i think a lot DC1 is alot wose than DC2[face_peace]