DeezusKong

Noob
Sep 4, 2004
"Sorry to say but the game is really stupid and gay... at some points you gotta kill this giant dude with a tazer gun by yourself and because your analog is so f*** slow you can't kill him. it's almost impossible.... i am a really good gamer and i just find this part of the game just made me change my opinion about the whole game!"

You say you're a really good gamer, yet you had trouble completing this game....please reconcile these two statements. I beat it, and I'm a mediocre gamer.

Jun 17, 2010
Playing this game I was left feeling underwhelmed by the gameplay, sure the graphics were the best I've ever seen in a shooter but the lack of unique guns an actual color palette, tighter gun controls, and better story just made me feel like I wouldn't miss it had it never came back in the first place. I have to say that in the world of fps' killzone 2 is far from the best.

cnx

Noob
Mar 31, 2010
I plan on getting this game very soon. Hopefully will be playing it soon. Though there are some questions that would be nice if those that have the game can answer.

1. Are there alot of cheaters, glitches?
2. Is there a being-host-advantage thing like in WaW (you know, like quicker speed, faster bullets, more precision in shooting)?
3. Is there alot of lag?

Dec 5, 2008
One of the best shooters I have played on console online. However, the game controls are simply average to bad compared to that of a PC mouse. It's sort of like having one paddle in a boat, and not having the other paddle. Aiming is not easy or intuitive, dull response. If used to PC games and then trying KZ3, frustration will set in quick. I only play this game when I have to, otherwise PC takes priority. Graphics are also behind compared to good PC shooters. If the controls ever catch up, maybe it will be the prime attraction, but right now, it is a fairly amateurish arragnement when trying to aim, would you rather have a bow and arrow or a laser mouse when shooting?

Jun 8, 2010
@cnx i just got the game for chrimbus, so i cant be the best of help, but ive played a little while and only experienced one glitcher. i dont think the host has that much advantage except for less lag, though so long as you're in a lobby from your region, there is no noticeable lag. however, my advice, dont go straight for the 32 v 32 sessions. they're spawnkill fests. stick in the medium to medium large range. also, controls will take getting used to.

Apr 23, 2011
This will sound mean, but it ain't like that.

Editors, and Jeff, this review is poorly written. Sentences like, "The single-player experience is a truly enjoyable campaign across the Helghast home world that will test your skills, particularly on the higher difficulty levels, and the game simply looks phenomenal for a console shooter" shouldn't be allowed in an IGN review, period. That sentence was barely readable - I had to take a second to process it - and sentences like it are littered all over the review.

I'm not usually a stickler, but the poor style gets in the way here. May I suggest, "Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace" by Joseph M. Williams and Gregory G. Colomb? Its principles would help tremendously here.

TheStig91

Noob
Jul 26, 2011
its funny that call of duty modern warfare 2 has a 10 in the graphics department while killzone 2 has a 9.5 despite being a better looking game.

Piercevil

Noob
Jan 10, 2012
I'm going trough the KZ2 campaign again. Now i realize that i should call it camPAIN. God the friendly AI is annoying. I wish i could go trough this game alone without my AI friend to 'help'me. But beside that it's
still a good game. I still play online. KZ3 is way better in all point.