xBADMAGIKx

Noob
Sep 30, 2008
here is my 2 cents it speaks for itself LMAO

http://www.destructoid.com/halo-3-outselling-killzone-2-sales-data-not-looking-great-132744.phtml

Chrome0001

Noob
Jun 8, 2009
Some of my best gaming has been with friends that were playing in the same room as me. Burnout Paradise disappointed me by removing splitscreen. Killzone 2 has done the same. I don't care how good the game is I will not support a game that lets me play while friends and family have to wait their turn. It's pathetic and backwards that they have to go home, have a copy of the game themselves and a fast enough internet connection and a headset to even come close to the fun had playing a friend in the same room. My loss, but they don't get my money.

sonicblast6923

Gaming and Family Life
May 16, 2004
Chrome0001 said:
Some of my best gaming has been with friends that were playing in the same room as me. Burnout Paradise disappointed me by removing splitscreen. Killzone 2 has done the same. I don't care how good the game is I will not support a game that lets me play while friends and family have to wait their turn. It's pathetic and backwards that they have to go home, have a copy of the game themselves and a fast enough internet connection and a headset to even come close to the fun had playing a friend in the same room. My loss, but they don't get my money.

Split screen is so decades ago.

TheRedWaltz24

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 14, 2001
sonicblast6923 said:
Chrome0001 said:

Split screen is so decades ago.

I agree with Chrome0001. For those of us who have friends that we hang out with in person and play games with, it is a disappointment that there is no split screen CO-OP. Games are so much more fun when the person is in the same room, instead of just a disembodied voice in your ear.

pcpcali

Noob
Sep 27, 2008
They should re-score it higher just for the fact that the 'high precision' option was added a couple of months after launch!

drummertilldeath

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 4, 2008
pcpcali said:
They should re-score it higher just for the fact that the 'high precision' option was added a couple of months after launch!

A lot of games recieve patches/updates, and there will most likely be more for KZ2, so re-reviewing it after every update sounds just silly to me. I wouldn't mind an article about the update saying whether it's good or not, but to go back and keep on changing the score would probably be a hassle for the writers.

JimmyTheKing

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 6, 2009
Best shooter on PS3 undisputed. Its only console rival is halo 3. Most people who don't like killzone 2 just can't handle its 'weighty' feel and whinge instead of putting the time in to adapt. The graphics and art style are phenomonal. The sound is epic. The gameplay feels great and when i play it online it really makes me feel like i'm contributing to a team. The online truly is a blast. Too much swearing in campaign tho, lol. It sounds trashy.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
@pcpcali

i dont think Haynes marked it down for the weighted feel. That complaint came out once the game launched but i never really bought into that beef. More precision would be nice but i can play it just as i would play halo fluently...

ginsu81

Noob
Jun 1, 2009
i think the reason why gta iv got a 10 on graphics and kz2 didn't, is simply because it's all related. look how big a game gta iv is. it's HUGE. to cram that all in one game is amazing. killzone 2 is not a sandbox game. the graphics are amazing, but it's a straightforward game. it's not like you can go around another route to finish a mission. there aren't any civilians doing their own thing.

Jul 26, 2009
It's an amazing game, but what bugs me is to why isn't a Two player available? Yes you have the normal "Multiplayer Online", but then you also have "Skrimage" I think that feature should offer a Coop mode or something. Just like in COD4\5 WAW, You have Campaign coop, and Zombie coop. Get back to me

blaineca

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 8, 2008
This game has me sold on FPS multiplayer... I'm usually not into it at all but they've done a good job with this and it requires a bit of intelligence and planning to succeed... It's a time eater though. :)

Sep 15, 2007
For those just tuning in, this game is a VERY compelling reason to own a PS3. I wasn't even that sold on it until after I played it. One of my favorite games of all time now. It is so viscerally satisfying... I have never seen or played anything like it, anywhere.

illExotic

Noob
Oct 10, 2004
i don't know about you guys, but the back story to killzone actually made playing the game much better for me.

chaps23

The Untouchable Ghost
Oct 21, 2002
i only went through the single player campaign, becuz it was there and i wanted to get used to the game. i did the same thing with CoD4, but i just couldn't get off into the online mode :(
~o)

Aug 6, 2009
This game is awesome highly recommended 100% intense better then any real war past and present. I cant wait too see what KZ3 will be like.
Simply love this game

see it grab it play it for yourself if you don't like then your a moron or just plain stupid!

illExotic

Noob
Oct 10, 2004
XxShadowIncxX said:
This game is awesome highly recommended 100% intense better then any real war past and present. I cant wait too see what KZ3 will be like.
Simply love this game

see it grab it play it for yourself if you don't like then your a moron or just plain stupid!

:^O

Jul 12, 2008
Personally...I loved this game. The single player was fun and intense...though a bit frustrating on harder difficulties. The acting and animations are spot on and very amazing. I actually enjoyed this game more than i did Halo 3...and about as much as I enjoyed the first Halo...Single player only.

As for the multiplayer..i've been completely addicted to it. It's fast and fun, easy to learn hard to master...and getting my M4 was a pain in the a$$. I still liked Halo's Multi over it...but compared to Halo 3...it's amazing. Halo 3 was well crafted...a lot of fun, but i just couldn't get into the multi at all. The single player was almost as good as Halo...but only almost. Though i will say that KZ2 deserves to be compared more with CODMW than with Halo...as they are much closer...In that regard...I would say that Multi held my attention about the same..but that the CODMW single player was much better...if not as intense or hard..Enemy AI in this game just blows me away.

After KZ and KZ:liberation...It's actually amazing that we can compare KZ2 to the greats like Halo, Halo 3 and CODMW...But we can...it's just that good.

Now, this is all my opinion, i'm sure some people hated this game..I'm sure others liked Halo 3 more than i did...They probably got much more out of the multiplayer experience than i ever could. Halo 3 is not a bad game..but i did enjoy this one much more. Thats just me.

So yeah, shooter fans need to check this one out...

on a final note...this is the first PS3 shooter that i didn't find myself wishing i had the 360 controller for it. Most shooters i get for my 360..and then maybe rent for my PS3 to compare. Resistance was great but i still think it could have benefited from the 360 control pad...I hope MAG feels as good as KZ2 because if it does...i don't see myself leaving that game for a long while.

Mar 15, 2009
GARBAGESTATION 3 SUX HARD!!!! YOU LIFELESS $ONY FANRATS!! YOU GUYS CAN REPLY TO THIS COMMENT ALL YOU WANT CAUSE I NEVER CONIMG TO THIS PAGE EVER WOOT!!!!

Apr 19, 2009
To be perfectly honest, and I'm not system bashing. But this shows just how more powerful the PS3 is over the 360. I have owned a 360 since 07, and I have never played a 360 game equal to this. Some games have come close, but its staggering to think how much detail is packed into this game, and it runs so smooth. I like the 360 and PS3 equally, but this game shows just how much horsepower the PS3 has over the 360.

Sep 24, 2008
@ LiquidFreeman34

im pretty sure gears 2 and mass effect (2 coming soon) at least equals killzone 2 if not surpasses it. ive played killzone 2, it great but to say that it proves how much better it is over the 360 is just wrong. obviously u haven't played any blockbuster titles on the 360. all i can say is that ur missing out!

alvinromo

Noob
Mar 17, 2009
this game is the best fps ive played on the ps3 but, when i score mgs4 10 out of ten this game has to drop 2 points because it aint close to being near as good as mgs4 but i guess you can't compare these games cause there on a different genre

chaps23

The Untouchable Ghost
Oct 21, 2002
alvinromo said:
this game is the best fps ive played on the ps3 but, when i score mgs4 10 out of ten this game has to drop 2 points because it aint close to being near as good as mgs4 but i guess you can't compare these games cause there on a different genre
and yet still you did compare them..........odd
~o)

Bats17

Noob
Feb 1, 2009
I can compare them! Killzone has amazing graphics and is an extremely fun and rewarding game. MGS4 has amazing graphics and (apart from the first playthrough) is a life-sucking non-rewarding bag of monkey shit. I guess i finally grew up and realized how utterly ridiculous the metal gear story line is.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
the best single player fps i've played its just so intense. the multiplayer can be insane at times and then incredibly frustrating, i just wish the guns were more accurate.