dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
At least a few people in the rap thread mentioned being really excited for it so I made the thread. I like Kendrick, but not nearly as much as other people seem to.

I normally hate deluxe editions, but this one had an extra Dre song so I figured I'd grab it over the standard version. Chit's whatever.

Last edited:

the_carmelo_fellow23

Lynch is God
Feb 19, 2006
Having some fun on the hip hop boards atm. Don't really get why everyone loves this guy. Although, I must admit,these days I find myself less and less attracted to rap music.

AaronP1264

Star
Dec 23, 2002
they're pretty juvenile, especailly since their master pfg has left them to fend for themselves.

i listened to a bit of this and didn't really like any of it

greenTYPEWRITERS

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 19, 2010

This is why people care.
Also Section.80 was phenomenal.. almost so much so that I was sure this was going to be disappointing.
Though still haven't had time to hearrrrrd it it yet

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
This thread terrible. What'd Melo do on the other board to start this?

That said, attempts at humor did fall flat.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
I skimmed through the other thread. There was like ten posts made about which cover people were gonna use in their iTunes.

I basically agree with Melo though. It's not bad by any means, it's just not this great piece of art that some people seem to be projecting it as.

dom_osx

I like Macs.
Sep 18, 2007
brooklyn
Well, isn't that kind of the point that Melo was making in the other thread? That a lot of the people on the hip hop board only listen to rap and therefore their opinions regarding music become uninteresting. I mean, Danny Brown just did a verse on a Purity Ring song; last year Freddie Gibbs did a remix of a Cults song. There's a lot of cross over appeal, bro.

I like rap, but I hate going on the hip hop board because it's such a bubble of bullshit. There might be only three active members here, but as a result we have way less retarded threads dedicated to whether or not whatever album from seven years ago was underrated. And if we do have dumb threads, I usually start them, so.

But really, Mitt Romney don't pay no tax.

lazee_bass_turd

I EAT STICKERS ALL THE TIME DUDE
Jan 13, 2002
The Hip Hop Board annoys you? It's about as close to the Indie Rock Board as it gets when it comes to people actually talking about good music. 'Course, it's gonna be balanced out by a good amount of trolls, just like this board, but it's still for the most part one of three boards I still frequent on IGN. Y'all turning into a bunch of siqnesses.

That said, this is is my most anticipated album of the year, and cannot wait to listen to it. Hell, I'm actually going to BUY it.

Last edited:

tim_south

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 15, 2012
Album about to be 9.1nd on pitchfork. Melo..your preemptive strike on the hbb gon make indie board look bad, bruh.

tim_south

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 15, 2012
straight up. in the same way pusha-t looks like slim charles. gonna be thinking of darryl overtime gets the ball now. big ups

ZacR

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 6, 2011
New Jersey
Last week Craig Robinson came for my schools homecoming comedy show. After Michael Ian Black opens Craig comes out with a full band set up and just starts singing/playing the piano and occasionally shouting obscene things. It was quite a strange performance and the crowd wasn't really into it. So Craig got frustrated and began calling people out in the crowd, he had completely abandoned his routine at this point. He started throwing full bottles of water into the crowded stadium seats and making obscene comments and gestures towards the attendees in the front rows. Everyone began leaving at this point and the last thing I heard before exiting was "No don't go yet everyone," before the beginning of another jazz song. All the students were pissed and such. It was the strangest thing I've seen from a performer.

He seemed like he was either really drunk or on something. I'm not sure what to think of Craig Robinson anymore...

Last edited: