U_Canes

Under Construction
Jan 27, 2004
:)
JJ Redick should totally replace Derozan in the olympics because he deserves it more and is a better player

amirite??
This is even more obvious than the thread title. Our biggest issues offensively usually relate to spacing and too many people standing around watching the ball and not moving.

Even defensively I think Redick has value because he is a good team defender who doesn't gamble, and we've struggled defensively due to being in the wrong place, gambling, and ball watching. His athletic limitations are less prominent against Lithuania than they are the NBA.

superfly0212

philthy nole
Sep 19, 2001
Denver, CO
the american team would have been better off taking someone other than derozan. i think monta ellis would have been great for his defense.
lowry probably could have been left off as well. he's a not as good kyrie irving. they're both scoring point guards. we need a chemistry builder. someone that would pass first, like paul or rondo.

but as to the main question. i'd rather have jj than damar.

johnnyjohnstone

You Ain't Slick
Sep 7, 2008
the american team would have been better off taking someone other than derozan. i think monta ellis would have been great for his defense.
lowry probably could have been left off as well. he's a not as good kyrie irving. they're both scoring point guards. we need a chemistry builder. someone that would pass first, like paul or rondo.

but as to the main question. i'd rather have jj than damar.
is this a troll post

> chemistry builder
> rondo

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Actually Montay Elly was pretty good on defense last year, no doubt the system he plays in helped in that regard.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
JJ is better if the clips have blake, without blake DD would be better for them
Last year, DeMar was probably more impactful to his teams failures in the playoffs than JJ was this year.

This year, DeMar is actually playing decent (not great) in the playoffs. So props to him there I guess. He has still managed to take a step back in virtually every statistical category from his regular season averages, not exactly what you want out of your franchise/#1 option player in the playoffs.

legends4111

I can't think of anything clever to write for this
Oct 24, 2004
How was this ever even debatable?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

-Faizon-

Chicken Tetrazini
Dec 29, 2001
I see the draw in Reddick, and I would take the shooter if he were slightly better, but he's not. Derozan brings too much elsewhere. Only reason I take Reddick is if I'm the Sacramento Kings or similar

Glad I picked the right answer.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
I wonder what the poll results would look like for this thread in an alternate universe where platchat never existed.

El_Presidente-

No Longer a Noob
Jul 5, 2007
this thread is so bad lol. I like how ppl speak with full confidence like they're dropping nuggets of gold everytime they speak lol.. only dropping nuggets of shit

"redick is better he can shoot 3s!"

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Why are we crowning DeRozan/Toronto for stumbling past a team full of 20something's who never been in the playoffs before? Are you forgetting he went 0-8 just a few games ago... and he's supposed to be their franchise player/go to scorer? lol. This is the same fraud team that Toronto has had for years. I guess it's going to take Cleveland mopping the floor with them for all these short-term memory loss b5109ers to remember again.

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
im not gonna crush redick too hard when he had to deal with utah's elite, well-coached defense. definitely a disappointing series for him but i dont think it should hurt his perception too much in the long term.

Last edited:

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
Angellic just said someone who averaged 27/5/4 on 48% shooting simply had a "decent" year.
46.7% shooting, you mean. and 26.6% from three. and he's not a good defender.

but hey if he's your second best player you can maybe make the conference finals in a really weak conference.

TabathaFiat

horrible man
Dec 24, 2011
how many teams would be comfortable giving a max contract to a wing who cant shoot threes, cant defend, and needs the ball in his hands most of the time? the guy can get buckets, but i feel like youre putting a hard cap on how good your team can be when you max out a player like that.

MVP_21Cubs

Star
Jul 23, 2004
Put Deroz in Redick shoes and the Clippers are even more favorable
This argument still stands

Only if Blake is out. Again, no team that has DeRozan as the 1st or 2nd best player on the team is going to win a championship and any team that has him as 3rd or 4th best player would be better off using a player who fits the roster more. DeRozan is a bad defender and a bad shooter. He doesn't fit everywhere. A team has to be built a certain way around him for it to be successful.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
A derozan led team would never even make it out of the 1st round in the west

Still a terrible fit if you are trying to win a championship, not just fill the seats with a decent team

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
You aren't winning with Derozan as either so lol

Sandman822

Star
Jul 31, 2007
Sunshine Coast, Australia
hey guys the thread is about whos better demar or jj redick.. take the L and move on

No, it clearly states in the title "who would you rather have on your team". That means you need to take into account fit, play style, and various other things. Not who is the better individual player.
This isn't the first time someone has said that lol

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
Really good job on that bump pro-derozan idiots

Cubelar

Cube the pube
Jul 24, 2005
JJ Reddick is an efficient 15 PPG scorer with elite 3 point shooting.

DeRozan is an inefficient volume scorer who can't shoot 3s, isn't great off the ball and has TERRIBLE defense.

you pick lol. it's an easy choice. JJ can fit into any team and knock down his open looks. DeRozan needs a highly specific team around him, you need to surround him with Defense and shooters because he doesn't provide either.

achumumu

No Longer a Noob
Aug 8, 2011
They're different players. If Demar had to play Redick's role he wouldn't get off the bench. If Redick had to play Demar's role the team would be 10-15 seed.