Gunzpoint56

No Longer a Noob
Feb 17, 2008
Just look at his games since Game 5 vs Miami, he's doing a lot better

Even Game 1/2 against Cleveland he was our best player in those awful games
He's been on and off. It's just a bit funny that someone is still stuck on this topic lol. 11 pages, man.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
He's hitting shots over hands in his face. He's locked in and keeping his eyes on the rim when he elevates. Watch him shoot these past couple games, hes going over the top of everyone and calmly hitting mid range shots at an insane level.

DeRozan deserves his credit.

It's funny how the mid range shot is "dying" yet we see it be such a giant advantage for anyone who can hit the shot consistently in the post season. I realize DeRozan hasn't done that consistently, but look at the reward the Raptors got from playing off of it these past two games.

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Really weird, Cavs fans have been rambling on about how JR Smith is becoming a good defender, but I don't see it. DeRozan's blowing by him, posting him up with ease, and overall Smith just seems unable to do much

James has stopped DeRozan a few times, but he's also looked pretty damn bad defensively, he's also allowed DeMarre Carroll to blow by him a few times which should never happen

BlacKxKira

Feelin' Godly
Aug 14, 2012
Really weird, Cavs fans have been rambling on about how JR Smith is becoming a good defender, but I don't see it. DeRozan's blowing by him, posting him up with ease, and overall Smith just seems unable to do much

James has stopped DeRozan a few times, but he's also looked pretty damn bad defensively, he's also allowed DeMarre Carroll to blow by him a few times which should never happen
Give credit to Derozan for just playing better offensively. JR Smith has been a really damn good defender these past two years

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

Give credit to Derozan for just playing better offensively. JR Smith has been a really damn good defender these past two years
He is playing better, but a large part of that is due to the fact he's getting to his sweet spots, the elbow jumpers, those low-post fadeaways, and the floaters he likes to finish with either hand inside. Those are his 3 "sweet spots", they have been for the majority of his career, and Indiana (Paul George) denied him completely in the whole Pacers series of that.

Cavs need to double him, force him to pass it out because this whole trusting JR Smith to stop him isn't working and I don't see it ever working in this series

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
Pacers and Heat have the personnel to shut down DeMar. Cleveland has LeBron, but he's hit or miss.
Isn't shumpert supposed to be some godly man to man defender lol i think cavs fans r even calling jr smith "one of the best 3 and d players in the league".. lmao.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/']@Anghellic11[/URL][/URL] wants DeRozan to fail so badly that he gets in shambles when he plays well

I love how it's a b5109 tradition to underrate DeRozan
I literally don't give a shit about him. I don't think he's very good and he's played like shit these playoffs outside of a few games.
Yes you do, you make just as many threads about him as I do, and he's my favorite player

I think you like DeRozan, I think this whole time you've liked him

It's okay your secret is safe with me

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/anghellic11.1549755/']@Anghellic11[/URL][/URL] wants DeRozan to fail so badly that he gets in shambles when he plays well

I love how it's a b5109 tradition to underrate DeRozan
I literally don't give a shit about him. I don't think he's very good and he's played like shit these playoffs outside of a few games.
Yes you do, you make just as many threads about him as I do, and he's my favorite player

lol at you confusing me trolling/annoying you for me caring about anyone on your crappy team.

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

lol at you confusing me trolling/annoying you for me caring about anyone on your crappy team.
Crappy team lolololol

cord_wd

And I swear that I don't have a gun...
May 5, 2005
Los Barrio

He is playing better, but a large part of that is due to the fact he's getting to his sweet spots, the elbow jumpers, those low-post fadeaways, and the floaters he likes to finish with either hand inside. Those are his 3 "sweet spots", they have been for the majority of his career, and Indiana (Paul George) denied him completely in the whole Pacers series of that.

Cavs need to double him, force him to pass it out because this whole trusting JR Smith to stop him isn't working and I don't see it ever working in this series
He was always getting to his spots, he's making them now because he can somewhat shoot over Jr and Shumpert.

platchat

Hold on, fellas.
Jul 29, 2008
Toronto, Ontario

He was always getting to his spots, he's making them now because he can somewhat shoot over Jr and Shumpert.
No, Paul George denied him of those spots, forced him to catch the ball on the perimeter and didn't allow him to have any room. Indiana also sent a lot of 2nd defenders to him, especially on pick and rolls. Miami did some of that, but the first few games of the Miami series was more about him just missing shots that he usually makes, which is likely in large part due to the thumb sprain he suffered at the end of Game 1, his free throw shooting was horrible for a few games in that series.

Cleveland is doing a terrible job defending him, allowing him to freely come off pin-down screens, catch the ball and either slither into the middle of the paint for his floater or simply allowing him to rise up and shoot an easy mid range shot. Indiana didn't allow any of that, which is why I kept saying George deserved a ton of credit. If Cleveland had a defender as good as George this series would have likely ended already in a 4-0 Cavs sweep, at the very least we'd be down 3-1.

cord_wd

And I swear that I don't have a gun...
May 5, 2005
Los Barrio

No, Paul George denied him of those spots, forced him to catch the ball on the perimeter and didn't allow him to have any room. Indiana also sent a lot of 2nd defenders to him, especially on pick and rolls. Miami did some of that, but the first few games of the Miami series was more about him just missing shots that he usually makes, which is likely in large part due to the thumb sprain he suffered at the end of Game 1, his free throw shooting was horrible for a few games in that series.

Cleveland is doing a terrible job defending him, allowing him to freely come off pin-down screens, catch the ball and either slither into the middle of the paint for his floater or simply allowing him to rise up and shoot an easy mid range shot. Indiana didn't allow any of that, which is why I kept saying George deserved a ton of credit. If Cleveland had a defender as good as George this series would have likely ended already in a 4-0 Cavs sweep, at the very least we'd be down 3-1.
George didn't deny him his spots. Yeah, he forced him to catch the ball further out, but there were plenty of times where he got to the elbow and to the rim. Indiana's length just bothered him on those shots.

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
Redick would be extremely valuable in international play. Its stupid that team USA hasn't been smart enough to send him especially with coach K having the dynamic of having coached him in college.

Jun 12, 2010
Redick would be extremely valuable in international play. Its stupid that team USA hasn't been smart enough to send him especially with coach K having the dynamic of having coached him in college.

new thread: should JJ Redick have made the olympics?

Last edited:

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
USA basketball is a brand. They do so much marketing to offer basketball services to youth coaching all the way up to high school. Getting the most famous players to play is extremely valuable to them to cater to their market of basketball player ages 8-18 and those who serve them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
USA basketball is a brand. They do so much marketing to offer basketball services to youth coaching all the way up to high school. Getting the most famous players to play is extremely valuable to them to cater to their market of basketball player ages 8-18 and those who serve them.

Winning the gold medal is far more important to that branding then having DeRozan on that team.

MILLOTT

Prime Member
Oct 20, 2002
The USA women winning the gold medal is a certainty the men are not nearly that level of lock to win a gold medal.

dab7291993

Super Star
Nov 19, 2006
Ok and when we win the gold medal again you can keep saying that.

Gunzpoint56

No Longer a Noob
Feb 17, 2008
Team USA are the favorites to win gold and they should be a mock, but from the way they've been playing I wouldn't say near certainty. In the 2014 FIBA tournament they were consistently blowing teams out by 20 points or more, and every game had a different POTG. Now, it's just all poor play and I can seriously envision this team getting silver or even bronze. Sure, the probability of them getting either silver or bronze is way less than the probability of them getting gold, but saying it's a near certainty isn't the truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk