Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Damn I get so annoyed how teams handle IR after the trade deadline. Green, Gardiner, and Karlsson aren't likely to play much the rest of the year but they're not going on IR either. So either I carry them through the playoffs and have dead slots or I drop them and give up comp picks in the draft or in Karlsson's care a protection worthy defender.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Yup, you can ir+ any player that’s ir, out, or dtd. That’s why we turned on ir+ .

YOU PICKED A FINE TIME TO GET YOURSELF SUSPENDED JACK EICHEL.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Yeah I just enjoy being lazy but its the playoffs so I'll adjust. I've not been good at having to manually do all my lineups cause of my work/sleep schedule (for the last few years). I've relied on the start active button all year and its done my pretty well, I've only had to swap the goalies myself.

ewuoy1545

Star
Mar 25, 2005
the ir+ is on yahoo, not our spreadsheet. you can be lazy just like before and add them to the ir+ slot, which replaced the ir only slot.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
probably end up beating me somehow too

ooh a short handed point i thought to myself, then i see you already have 2. on tuesday.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
I benched a shutout on Monday the same night he gets a shutout. One day in and I already give up in the playoffs, must be the Caps fan in me.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Lead the league in PPP (and Assists) and only lost the stat 4 times (4 times and 2 draws for assists) of 21 matches, and I got 2 this week. [face_plain]

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Try a whole week of garbage.

My started goalies:
Monday: 9.08 .750
Tuesday: 9.02 .769 (including allowing a six point night to a player on my opponent’s team)
Thurday: 1.00 .963 (huzzah!)
Friday: 7.24 .863

Ben is carrying a 5.89 gaa ... and is winning that category.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Yeah i was looking at the other matchups and I think I'd be beating like 4 of the other 7 playoff teams, you guys were definitely the worst match going. [face_tongue]

I think I'll end up losing cause he has more games to go and I'm narrowly ahead in some things and he's pretty solid in a few. If I win it'll be on tiebreakers or a big assist night out of nowhere.

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
I’m sweating it out, Doom. I think you’ve got me. It’ll be REALLY close tonight and tomorrow though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Try a whole week of garbage.

My started goalies:
Monday: 9.08 .750
Tuesday: 9.02 .769 (including allowing a six point night to a player on my opponent’s team)
Thurday: 1.00 .963 (huzzah!)
Friday: 7.24 .863

Ben is carrying a 5.89 gaa ... and is winning that category.

Seriously, at first this was rather comical but now it's entering the sad territory.

My Goalies for comparison:
Monday: 9.66/.789 (Pulled)
Tuesday: 5.02/.861
Wednesday: 12.00 (OOF)/.714 (pulled)
Thursday: 3.00/.923 (Hey I got a win at least)
Friday: 6.03/.793 (TMG and I had our goalies go head to head and I somehow squeaked out the win)

I really need Hellebuyck to stand on his head against a white-hot Flames team tonight... something I am not expecting.

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
that trade for killorn and tj has paid so many dividends

but also i might still lose

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
that trade for killorn and tj has paid so many dividends

but also i might still lose

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
my team started to crumble after the trade deadline, goaltending especially. Had a slim 6-5 lead going into today and looks like I have lost 3-8.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Well, after all that goaltending debacle... I won goalie cats and lost the week anyway. So I can’t blame that.

I can blame Eichel being a zero on the week (spending half of it suspended), and Burns and Atkinson each limited to a single assist. Those are three of my four elite-producing players this season that had one point or less in the first week it mattered. Oh well. On to next year. Good luck going forward, Ben!

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Thanks.

I guess I got revenge from last year's playoff loss though I kinda feel like I didn't earn this win, especially after one of the worst goaltending weeks I ever had.

Hopefully I could string together a good week to move to the finals.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
so as 1 seed i get to face 4, while 6 & 7 face off for the other spot in the final

coolcoolcoolcoolcool

Potentially better to play the 4 seed in the short week ? I'm not sure, but yeah reseeding makes more sense overall.

Grats tt and good luck. Disappointed that my offense let me down (no assists, and my players lost a lot so little chance a GWG despite a big goal total). Its tough to beat a SHP and SHO week though.

denkaas

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2001
This morning the app gave me a nice reminder that I didn't make the playoffs. Thanks Yahoo!

Good luck to those of you getting closer to the finals.

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
lmao, i had a small shot today with that benched shutout..unfortunately no one on my team wants to do anything.

oh, and i would've beat both the teams in the other semi. yay.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
lmao, i had a small shot today with that benched shutout..unfortunately no one on my team wants to do anything.

oh, and i would've beat both the teams in the other semi. yay.

Don't worry, ewuoy will kick my ass anyways.

He loaded up for this run, I sold expecting a first round exit after botching the draft this year.

Me right now:

3eb.jpg

Last edited:

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
So no matter who I started tonight, they got torched.

Course I am also facing white-hot Binnington.

I'm gonna need to be nearly perfect in goalies, skating, and hope Ewuoy lays multiple goose eggs in just about everything if I got chance in this.

Eck.

vornoff

Mother Canucker
Mar 21, 2001
fizzled out nicely sums up the end of my season...3rd isn't bad but my team's scoring came to a halt, and having 3 goalies on non-playoff teams that alternated good start/bad start is no way to win a title.

congrats youwe

ewuoy1545

Star
Mar 25, 2005
thanks! 3rd times a charm. the unexpected rise of binnington and lehner's rebound season complimented the deepest group of skaters i've had really well.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Basically the strategy I was going for. Nice to see it worked, but I wish it was me instead lol. My journeyman goalies had a good start but got blasted a few times as the season went on. Congrats man!

I'll probably have some decent skaters to trade away before the draft if anyone wants to strengthen their protection list.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Congrats ewuoy!

Anyone who wants to raid my team for protection make me a pitch. I could even stand to make a deal where I trade quality for quantity, there’s a pretty wide gap in value between my forecast #7 and #8 veterans.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Congrats ewuoy!

Anyone who wants to raid my team for protection make me a pitch. I could even stand to make a deal where I trade quality for quantity, there’s a pretty wide gap in value between my forecast #7 and #8 veterans.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm kinda curious how much better I could have been if I didn't get slapped with injuries right out of the gate. I think at one point I had like 7 guys on IR.

Gonna have to do some evaluating this off season. I think I got my keepers set but I'm not sure if I'll get any comp picks so I might need to figure something out.

dquigley

titleless
Sep 20, 2003
Yes those off-season dates haven't changed, lists are due by the 7th. I'm obviously record-breaking behind at organization this year but will have the draft order sorted out this weekend.

It is probably a good idea to get a roll call to confirm everybody's involvement for another year.

Myself, I'm looking to transition out of the keeper altogether. When I gave up my team I built from day 1 to even out the teams for the 2016 dispersal, it was only for that. I was the Commissioner and I saw that as the only move and my responsibility to keep the league going. Right after winning the McDavid draft lottery too! It wasn't because I didn't want to keep my team. Looking back, a somewhat predictable side effect of not having a team any more is the already not particularly fulfilling administrative work has only been harder and harder to get motivated for.

I took over Spartan's team last season as basically an emergency placeholder, hoping to find another person to take over permanently. That never happened, and we know how traffic here has trended in the last decade. If I am needed as an interim manager again for Spartan I will be there, but I'd prefer somebody else who may be reading this right now and wants a team with Crosby on it to take over. If another team is looking for an exit door for whatever reason, I think I would recommend another contraction.

If there's still room for me and it's still operating, I will be staying in Champs League and will be available to help out here, but it's time somebody else officially takes the reigns as Commissioner.

This is a project many of us started working on over 11 years ago and I want to thank everybody for entrusting me to more or less run the ship with few major controversies. I had a lot of help along the way, most notably from Doom and tmg (who I will hopefully soon be regularly defeating in Spelunky 2), both of whom I want to call out by name for their contributions. We've done about as well as I think is possible given our ever shrinking user base on IGN, and I have no doubt it can continue in my absence. Maybe that means shifting to a new "home" to find new blood, but that's a decision to be made without me.

Jun 13, 2003
I am still in and as always appreciate everything you’ve done DQ. I’m sure TMG will take over if you truly are done but I am willing if need be to take over the organizational duties if needed. Can help too if it needs to be a community effort.

Edit- IGN is obviously dead but I don’t know where a new home could be. I doubt we can just start a thread somewhere new even with our pedigree and get someone reliable and without pissing off long time members of a new forum with our ‘new’ league. It is the internet after all. But I’ll go wherever we need too

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Your work over the years on this is truly appreciated, dq.

I am happy to co-run this with others - I mean the league mostly runs itself now, but having multiple people with commissioner duties ensures that others can pick up the slack where one person might fall behind or be away.

Yeah ign is dying/dead. If we wanted to relocate to somewhere where the talk would be welcome/tolerated and we might actually find new participants, the HFBoards fantasy board would be workable. Or if we wanted to live in our own space, we could, like, set up a discord server, or actually use our long dormant Facebook group. And we could still perhaps find other participants through HFBoards fantasy board if we want to (the ideal of ‘everyone being active ign users’ isnt so relevant anymore now that really very few of us are).

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
Thanks for your work with everything DQ, you’ll be missed in the league. I’m definitely in for another year, this and Champs are the only leagues I still do yearly. This league is pretty much the only thing keeping me on IGN anyways, I’d be upset if it migrated but at the same time, I’d still be just as up for it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk