mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013
I felt like 4 completely took the aspect out of what made the tank-controlled Games so much more interesting in a way. There felt like there was a lot more to be desired for me. Definitely not a bad game by any means, but I don't think it's the best of the Series.
And while Revelations is similar in Gameplay style, it's entirely what the later entries such as 5, 6, and of course 4, should've been, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:

briefs_cat11

Ask me about Nintendo Switch
Oct 23, 2002
SOMEWHERE I BELONG
I agree 100% 4 is the best of the new style RE but by switching to a faster paced more action oriented style they lost the horror aspect. The producers of RE always said the tank controls added to the feeling of anxiety for the player and by making things more fluid and intuitive that feeling is lost. Still one of my favorite games overall but not my favorite RE. And yeah Revelations should totally be the main series now. I can already tell that Revelations 2 will be much better than 7

mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013
There's still some utterly terrifying moments in 4, but the original playstyle in a way made it possible for a much more creepy atmosphere, and far more interesting scares in there, for me, personally. In the very least, 4 isn't over the top and obnoxious with either its story or execution, unlike 5, or especially 6.
I'll probably buy Revelations 2 when it's out on disc, we'll most likely be worth the wait, though, can't wait for that.

This also reminds me I need to pick up The Evil Within at some point or another.

Karkashan

Loyal Grimleal
★ MOD
May 17, 2013
Plegia
znfOLnO.gif

When does Rev2 start dropping episodes? It's that time of day that Google doesn't work for my ISP (also YT). I'm still not sure if I wanna jump in right away or wait for the disc version.

praisegrimaeveryday

mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013
It's Akari from Aria the Animation, found this and thought it was alright.
I'll probably go back to Naoto, Rise, or even Keaton Link in a few days, though. [face_thinking]

briefs_cat11

Ask me about Nintendo Switch
Oct 23, 2002
SOMEWHERE I BELONG
I know one person I could invite over, but eh...
He's one of my favorite users on here, but the only one posting here that knows him besides me is Briefs. [face_tongue]

Yeah, after that outburst this whole place just kinda became... unappealing to post in regularly.

Yes we should get Blade and Brawlsy in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013
I don't know about Brawlz.
He's a good friend of mine, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for both of them to post around eachother since he doesn't take a lot of things well.
Blade would be cool, though.

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
I know one person I could invite over, but eh...
He's one of my favorite users on here, but the only one posting here that knows him besides me is Briefs. [face_tongue]
Honestly I blame Soopah.
Yeah, after that outburst this whole place just kinda became... unappealing to post in regularly.
I think as long as we have no Nook this place is gonna be nice and drama free.

So invite away!

mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013

mylonelyafternoon

I Might Be Wrong
Dec 22, 2013
Hey Blade.

Yeah, I know a few people here aren't really big on Harvest Moon, hell, some people posting here haven't even played a single entry, but it's nice to see some of those same people are going to be trying to get into Story of Seasons. Looks like an awesome game. I think it has Online like ANB, so we could play with eachother.