Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYziyJef99E
Me giving my thoughts on the upcoming Green Lantern film. Let me know what you all think ^_^

Nov 18, 2010
Everyone's gotta keep in mind that the movie's still in post and they'll probably make the CGI look better by the time the movie comes out in 6 months.

silver234

Noob
Nov 22, 2010
When you have a Superhero who is a protector of the universe and half the trailer is of random crap happening on earth, that's just a bad omen, And why from a FX standpoint would they want to make the lantern constructs look smokey like it evaporates the second it's made

spideytb

Noob
Aug 16, 2010
Ryan Reynolds would've been perfect for the role of Flash instead, think about it.

ilike Reynolds a lot but ithink the Green Lantern should've been someone else.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Outside of the casting, the Green Lantern suit looks more like reptilian scales than a suit. When the trailer shows the transformation of Hal Jordan in front of the window, the suit has a off-coloring that gives me the impression it was done in post rather than being worn by the actor. I'd rather see Green Lantern in a nipple-less molded suit than with a CG afterthought.

I am hoping the action will be bigger. The only fight scene the trailer gives away is Hal Jordan getting beat up in the parking lot and he realizes the ring can do something. In addition you can see him do a diving kick similar to something from a bad wire-fu movie. I don't know much about the action portrayed in the Green Lantern comics, but I'm definitely hoping for a helluva lot more. I don't want it to be as weak as Superman Returns was on action sequences.

Nov 24, 2010
Ryan Reynolds was a great choice as the Green Lantern.The movie looks good so far but the CG needs alot of work...I mean if your gonna make the suit CG then at least make it look good...learn from avatar.

JOSHR.7195

Noob
Nov 21, 2010
I like Ryan Reynolds and I think he is a great choice for Green Lantern, but I'm not excited about it and in my opinion the suit looks like shit. The trailer for the movie looks like it's not a serious film but more of a joking around type and some of the diologue I heard in the trailer sucked, but hopefully I'm wrong when it releases.

May 17, 2008
Holy fvcking shit lets just calm down people!

Your basing all of this on just a trailer!

I dont think you can properly judge anything about the film just based on what we have seen, and if your such a fvcking movie critic then wait till it comes out and watch it first before you have to badmouth it online.

Ya jackass

bloodguiser

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 15, 2006
DC Comics have never projected in to good movies before and I doubt it will be any different this time. Besides, the green lantern is the worst comic book hero of all time; right up there with mothman.

babaByte

Noob
Apr 13, 2004
bloodguiser i LOL on that....your so right about that. green lantern sucks badley. why isnt there a good super-hero movie? i liked the last two batman movies, but that's about it.

Holydingus

Noob
Apr 12, 2010
Spoken like true, keyboard warrior fanboys. GL is perfect for a Sci Fi action flick. It's like those people who hate on Robin. Read the comics.

newhere808

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 10, 2009
The only thing I don't like it about it so far is his costume. Making it look like his actual tissue just comes off as odd.

Nov 26, 2009
I think Blake lively sounded really bad. I don't remember Carol being French in the comics, and Hal's suit looks a little to unrealistic almost like they were trying to make it look cartoonish. Besides that everytihing else looks fine.

May 7, 2008
Shit the movie isn't even out yet and most of you are already starting to hate on it. How about give it a chance and when it's release then you crictize it if it's good or bad!

Besides we needed a Green Lantern Movie. More then a Superman Reboot that will disrespect the memory of Chris Reeve.

Mar 9, 2008
they always pick these cheesy guys, they shud get some1 serious like wesley snipes, atleast hell sound and look like the one in the justice league cartoon, n itll be RAW

Jun 27, 2010
I was hoping ryan would act differently to deadpool, but all well. :(

Maybe he would if I watch the whole movie, but this trailer indicates otherwise.

Mar 9, 2009
This preview made the movie look awful - cheesy Sci Fi Channel special effects (a goofy looking Ryan Reynolds head floating on a poorly rendered CGI body), and they're trying WAY to hard to make Hal behave like Robert Downy Jr as Tony Stark.
Looking at this I couldn't help but think, "Hey, Van Wilder thinks he's the Green Lantern!" His acting and behavior were that over-the-top.

baburuto

Noob
Oct 18, 2009
they should of made a deadpool movie instead at least it would fit tht goofy kinda thing but i guess it would be a bit adult too but the trailer looks kiddie-ish probably will be a 12A or somthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.