Status
Not open for further replies.

-Wu-Five

Noob
Oct 9, 2004
@Mando

How did he do a bad job as Deadpool? The people who made the movie screwed that role up not him.

MuLzA

Noob
Jul 28, 2005
the green lantern? don't we have enough lame Superhero movies already like the Punisher and Dare Devil. Green Lantern? Comic book writers must've been reaching for ideas when they came up with this guy :s

zordon2010

Noob
Nov 13, 2010
All I have to have to say ITS ABOUT TIME THE GREEN LATERN gets some film time. Folks it is a green latern film. so many characters and story lines they could make theses movies for ever.
let hope

Jun 25, 2008
kdp_Irkendragon, You had better check yourself before you wreck yourself. Green Lantern is not obscure, Green Lantern is the shit. Naming ten super heroes off the top of you head, green lantern is defs one of them unless you're one of those people who counts each individual X-man as a whole super hero which is clearly misguided. It's about time this movie get made. Footage looks AWESOME.

dkdajoker

Noob
Jan 8, 2007
bigups to green lantern..but this doesnt look promising. i prophesy heavy hype and mass marketing and major disappointment.

Sep 23, 2009
I think at the end he looks way too shiny. He should have a greenish hue around his body, but not light emanating from his face.

adoina

Noob
Nov 13, 2010
Green Lantern" will center its story on Hal Jordan, the alter ego of Green Lantern, who is also an ordinary man chosen by a dying alien named Abin Sur to receive a green energy-powered ring used for protecting the planet. Ryan Reynolds leads with Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard portraying villainous characters Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively is additionally cast as Hal Jordan's love interest Carol Ferris.
http://mysticwhite.org/

atlborn16

Noob
Jun 23, 2008
Man I really hope that the green lantern does fuckin awesome but I have a feeling that this movies is going to blow. Nothing personal to the comic or to the cast but its really difficult to take a good cartoon/comic and turn it to a hit live action movie blockbuster. I really hope that I am proven wrong but I'm not seeing this one being in the same memorable cinematic adventure category as avatar or the hurt locker. But I hope to proven wrong.

Ruiner720

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 29, 2008
I'm not sure how promising this take on GL is looking with half of the mini-clips ending with stupid one-liners. As much as I love the idea of Reynold's as Deadpool, Hal Jordon really should been played by someone with a bit less cocky aura.

Rell25

Noob
Oct 28, 2010
Ryan Reynolds looks like he gonna bring his same tired one liners to green lantern, I'm tired of goofy actors (ryan reynolds) (chris evans) taking these good comic book movie parts, man I can't wait for the next batman, serious movie, if I wanna see a super hero fight while cracking a joke I watch iron man 1 and 2 again

vasqu67

Noob
Oct 26, 2004
idk about this y did that fist look all smokey what does he air bend with his ring or something....i hope this movie is good dc has been lackin lately.

and btw ign how are we supposed to sound off in the comments when you have ads poppin up all over. but yet i get suspended for saying the 3 letter g word. come on mod something that really matters for once.

unck42

Noob
Oct 2, 2005
There's a lot of negative feedback floating around the web that the visual effects in this footage are too cartoony and obvious next to the live action stuff. Keep in mind that The Green Lantern is still in the early stages of post-production and there's a lot of work to be done between now and its June 2011 release. None of these shots may be 100% complete.

IKAS10

Noob
Nov 5, 2010
Man do I have mixed feelings about this, I love GL but the movie so far looks like it lacks something.
I hope it's not another embarrassing superhero movie that has nothing to offer besides getting a comic book unto the big screen.

crackers88

Noob
Oct 14, 2010
what is it with all these damn Nathan Fillion fanboys!? there is a reason that he is not in anything big like this, probably because he sucks would be my guess. I also never realized how many movie critics were out there these days. and ones that can tell when a movie will suck from a 30 sec ET clip. More than half of you know nothing about GL anyway. IGN has some really dumb readers.

freekedoutfish

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 25, 2004
I think people are missing the fact, that this will be material the studio cherry picked to show America. Now no offence to America, but the studio is going to assume that "comedic" and "action packd" content will sell the film better then anything else.

Studios have NO idea how to market comic book films and treat people like idiots, showing what they think the widest demographic wants to see.

I personally dont mind there being comedy in a GL film, especially since Hall Jordon is a cockey SOB anyway. But id rather see the darker and more emotional stuff too... hoping there is some.

Enkidu98

No Longer a Noob
Apr 24, 2001
I've never liked Green lantern. The whole concept is goofy. I'll not be seeing this movie. DC, in my opinion, really has very few movie worthy characters.

May 27, 2010
wow i though the "Green Lantern" movie would be good but what is that?!? is that the green latern or the green goof? lame, not cool, and not worth my money.

May 27, 2010
wow i though the "Green Lantern" movie would be good but what is that?!? is that the green latern or the green goof? lame, not cool, and not worth my money.

May 27, 2010

Jul 28, 2009
Bits and bobs of footage are not enough to condemn an entire movie. Yes, it may be rubbish in the end but then again, it may also be pretty good. Who really knows at this stage?

stigz

Noob
Feb 27, 2008
Something confuses me, on another board here on ign that has to do with the Avatar sequels, most of the negative comments are to the effect of, "Sure the CGI was amazing, but it takes more than that to make a good movie, you need a good story too." But then you come to this board, where all we have is the previous knowledge that the plot will center around an origin story and nothing else but some brief low quality video, and most haters are saying that poor CGI will ruin this movie. Soooooooo, amazing CGI wasn't enough to redeem one movie, but poor CGI would be enough to ruin another one? Make up your mind people. I swear, fanboys are the most fickle creatures on planet earth.

Now that that's out of my system for a bit, about his suit, a lot people are commenting on the green aura it seems to emit saying it's somewhat off-putting. But in some parts of the clips, such as 10 and 12 seconds, his suit looks noticeably dimmer, which leads me to believe that the brightness of his suit might be related to the charge in his ring. The brighter the suit, the higher the charge in his ring and vice versa. Mind you this is just speculation, but from a storytelling perspective, it would make sense because it would give the audience a visual means of telling how much power he has left. I could be wrong but it seems like a good guess, only time will tell.

pctsou

Noob
Feb 5, 2010
@stigz

I can see where ur comin from, but it does make sense that its enough to condemn a movie. poor visual quality can take you out of the flow, and if your taken out of the flow, it will ruins the story because your not as involved anymore.

by the way i liked avatar, and it had a decent story, but ur right, fanboys just hate the fact it did so well.

XtraSauce

Canada's Little Sweetheart
Aug 2, 2003
Looks goofy. I had a bad feeling based on earlier screenshots, this only reinforces that feeling.

Hustle5317

Noob
Nov 13, 2010
It looks like its not a serious movie and too goofy. Is Hollywood trying to make Ryan Reynolds in every comic movie? Time for new actors! You can't take Ryan serious but Blake Lively automatically gives it one star already

Jun 30, 2009
Hmm, I thought this was going to be more epic and less comic. And this was supposed to be "DC's answer to StarWars." I mean Star Wars is comic as well but seems better balanced. This seems like just another throw away summer movie. Probably fun but not memorable.

WhiteySpidey

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 31, 2009
RhezDarkhoof@ great way of putting it

i hope this is just an early edit and think that it is- but does anyone else think that helicopter sequence looks like some cheap 90's cop movie? lol. yikes!

this movie looks like it's walking the fine line between iron man (good) and fantastic four (bad).. to bad, because i was hoping for something totally original

i hope i eat my words when a true trailer comes out.

hulijie

Noob
Nov 14, 2010
Welcome to join our Lttsy http://www.Lttsy.com web site:

Hello! Sorry to bother you at the time, we can offer various minute commodity,Air jordan(1-24)shoes
Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) 
Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) 
Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) 
l nba jersy for sale sale,nfl nba jersy for sale
and so on..
free shipping
competitive price
any size available
accept the paypal so please contact us for more information, if you are interested in.

1) more pictures on our website http://www.Lttsy.com

2) many colors for your choice.
3) the perfect quality, small order accepted.
4) 100% safe door-to-door delivery, in 5-7 days air embodied in small orders.

Come on, join us!

http://www.Lttsy.com

Jul 30, 2009
I'm really trying to justify why this looks so crappy. Maybe its because the picture isnt so clear. I hope they look better than that on tv or in the acual movie but those effects look like they belong on television...not on the big screen. DC...if it werent for Batman and Chris Nolan, you'd be f*cked.

May 4, 2010
shawn77shawn said:
Ryan Reynolds should play the Flash not Green Lantern

He would be so rad as The Flash. I'd say he should still play the Flash, but it would be too weird after coming off Green Lantern, probably.

Feb 3, 2010
Oh god....this looks cheesy. I'm talking Fantastic Four Cheesy.....You can already tell its going to be as campy with the cartoony Reynolds antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.