Jun 25, 2005
every picture i see of GT5 is very disappointing. unless you have the latest hd TV it looks pretty lifeless. it doesnt look real. its just a disappointment. thats all. makes me sad.

aceh0le

Noob
Feb 12, 2009
MetaKraken, dude, pull your head out of your ass. GT 5 is far from perfect. Gran Turismo has always been and will always be my favorite racing game, but really GT 5 isn't prefect at all. Playing it, it's hands down the best, the driving physics are awesome, much much better then Forza. But out of that? It's really not all that great.

First up car selection, with over 1000 cars they left a lot out. We don't need 200 of those 1000 cars to be Miatas and Skylines. We don't need hybrids, we don't need retarded futuristic concept cars. We need more real cars.

Track selection is also a little disappointing. Why were so many tracks from previous GT games left out? Also this premium/standard thing really pisses me off. I mean in GT 4 we could change the wheels on any of the over 800+ cars in there but in GT 5 we can't? Why? Explain please.

Why can't I change my brakes?

Why does the "fully customizable" transmission only let you change top speed but not specific gear ratios?

Why is the AI so crap? It puts up no challenge.

All of you GT fan boys need to realize, this game isn't perfect, a lot of the complaints this guy made about it are true. PD did some really stupid stuff when making this game. It does play the best and that's where it matters most, but really you can't just ignore all the oversights this game has.

Also that little thing where you said he just needs to get better, HE WAS COMPLIMENTING THE GAME! That just proves you are a moronic fanboy.

jeremy-gt

Noob
Jun 17, 2010
If you were to drive a car without looking like an OVERLY AGGRESSIVE CHIMPANZEE on caffeine, you might not have CRASHED into the rear of a car that is clearly slowing in anticipation for the CORNER ahead.

Furthermore, if you would have realized that Gran Turismo is a game made for people who enjoy RACING and not crashing(yes, racing is different from crashing)you might've realized that crashing a car means LOSING THE RACE.

It's people like you who say, "THE GAME IS BAD BECAUSE I CAN'T STOP REAR-ENDING PEOPLE", who get on my nerves. And then you blame the game for not having spectacles of flaming twisted metal every time you fail to drive around a corner.

When you gave GT5 Prologue an 8.5, I understood. But to show complete disregard to the growth of this franchise and give the proper GT5 an 8.5 also, is to wave goodbye any credibility you might've had before. If a game of this magnitude had come out without a history of utter success, you would have been blown away by the quantity AND quality of this masterpiece.

Nov 21, 2010
so, I just got the game, and comparing it to forza 3, forza 3 has better menus, and less clunky, other than that, the physics are just as good, the gt5 game runs at a higher resolution, with more cars on screen at once, and the standard cars are only about as blocky as the in-game- poly cars of forza 3. sure forza 3 has nice car models on menus, but look at them closesly while racing, those things get really blocky close up. gt 5 has more cars total, has nascar, wrc, and kart racing. forza is a 9 game and gt5 is an 8 game? how is forza 3 better than this game again?

Jun 11, 2009
Lots of butthurt fanboys about Gran Turismo 5's score, aren't they? That is hilarious. Seriously, what is so wrong with a 8.5 score? It may not have reached the 10 score that almost everyone (Myself included) was expecting, but it's still a great game.

While you people throw a fit over the score, I'm going to slowly but surely anticipating my PS3, which should be arriving in a few days, along this game; and then I'm going to enjoy.

I honestly hope that Sony fanboys aren't like this all the time.

Goodwillah

Noob
Jan 4, 2011
It's really sad to see that even NFS: Hot Pursuit has beed ranked higher than Gran Turismo 5. This temporary bright glittering shell like Hot Pursuit has nothing left inside after you've raced 20 or so times. And GT5? It's endless in play. It's encyclopedia of every car and every track in the world. It's the real hardcore.

JimmyTheKing

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 6, 2009
GT5 is great fun. Ignore the review score if it unsettles you. GT5 is THE BEST racing sim available. It is extremely deep, rewarding and realistic. If you like cars and/or challenging/realistic driving you will find a way to love this game. There are settings for every car/racing fan.

Juiceair

Noob
Jun 2, 2010
Just started playing GT5, wished I had bought the steering wheel...still a blast to play with the standard controller.

Nov 24, 2010
To be honest I could care less about the score of the review. Battlefield Bad Company 2 had somewhat dissmal scores, but the game itself is a blast to play. Gran Turismo 5 is one of those games. Although I must admit the menu design and online lobbies are not user friendly, but the game itself is so much fun to play. My advice, get a steering wheel.

Jan 9, 2011
beware if you start playing this game you mite never stop .. wasn't going 2 buy it but i was bored of cod now i can't get enough of gt5. worth every cent 10/10

Jan 13, 2011
I have been an IGN fan since 1996, and I must say that I used to guide my videogames acquisitions based on IGN's reviews....well, not anymore, I'm a huge GT fan, so I bought the game despite the score and I must say, it is a 9.5 game to me, and is not a perfect 10 because of the ugly menus, so-so soundtrack and horribly pixelated shadows, but at the end of the day, the main thing, the driving simulation is better than ever...I just can't stop playing this game, I already have like 100 cars and I will never forget the feeling of driving the Bugatti Veyron for the firs time or getting my first Ferrari/Lamborghini...pure GT glory!

Mar 2, 2008
I haven't played the Le Mans track on GT5 yet but if its anything like Dirt 2 I'm scared... I don't think I ever finished above 5th.

Angel346

Noob
Jan 15, 2011
gt 5 the game that was going to finish with xbox 360
hahaha 6 years for what i have been hearing this for 5 years
and for all the fanboys its always perfect always better than anything on xbox well sorry guys this time you lose you just don't have an option after you bought it to say like this just to try to make xbox fans jealous
gt 5 is all hype forza is incredible all the things you can do and customise
i can't say the same for gt 5 it feels old and dated
stop comparing the graphics and check out the gameplay this is more important than SLIGHTLY better visuals on some of the content on the game compared to forza coz gt5 in some places doesn't look so nice

Aug 4, 2010
"i can't say the same for gt 5 it feels old and dated "

Don't know how you can make that comment when you don't even own a PS3, which you have said so eloquently on numerous occasions. Then you go and tell everyone to compare the gameplay, which is where GT5 shines the most. At least hate the right way.

trevwht

Noob
Jan 25, 2007
I have been playing the GT series so long now my biggest Y2K worry was that if all computers shut down I would have no GT that was scary. The last 5 years I have waited patiently through delay after delay. In those five years I was unfaithful but I found a RaceSim to play, I knew GT5 would be good enough to get me back. Well GT-5 shows up underdressed, unpolished not finished (I still have love for GT5 but I'm in love with a better looking race sim) I still play both. Why all those delays? I think SCEA was to busy playn Forza to polish GT-5 infact so preoccupied they still forgot to assign a button to work a clutch. I guess they dont think that a "real life simulation" should have the option to fully simulate real driving out side of what you see on the game. Thats where Forza is ahead of the times. GT5 has a ton of cars but how many versions of Lancer Evo's and miatas, and rx-7's do you really need. I still love you GT but Im seeing other people, its an open relationship. Forza doesnt just look better aa people say thats the only thing it has on GT-5 but its got a far more realistic and deep tuning system for exp. Gt5 engine menu consits of a chip and three unspecific stage upgrades, forza has new 3 stages of pistons, cylinder heads, blocks, intercoolers,ect throttle boddies electrical Motor swaps. Drive train swaps. 1,000 of wheels from real models from the real Company+ you can get those MOMO's in 16" or 22" not good for performace wich is effected by every decision but the fact you get the choice. Window tinting, manufacturer decales, vynals, paint all free. It drives as good as GT+ a working clutch got to have a clutch my forza garage feels like so personal due to endless possible personal touches to cars that I feel bad I havnt bought a push broom to sweep the floor since I got started.

trevwht

Noob
Jan 25, 2007
trevwht said:
I have been playing the GT series so long now my biggest Y2K worry was that if all computers shut down I would have no GT that was scary. The last 5 years I have waited patiently through delay after delay. In those five years I was unfaithful but I found a RaceSim to play, I knew GT5 would be good enough to get me back. Well GT-5 shows up underdressed, unpolished not finished (I still have love for GT5 but I'm in love with a better looking race sim) I still play both. Why all those delays? I think SCEA was to busy playn Forza to polish GT-5 infact so preoccupied they still forgot to assign a button to work a clutch. I guess they dont think that a "real life simulation" should have the option to fully simulate real driving out side of what you see on the game. Thats where Forza is ahead of the times. GT5 has a ton of cars but how many versions of Lancer Evo's and miatas, and rx-7's do you really need. I still love you GT but Im seeing other people, its an open relationship. Forza doesnt just look better aa people say thats the only thing it has on GT-5 but its got a far more realistic and deep tuning system for exp. Gt5 engine menu consits of a chip and three unspecific stage upgrades, forza has new 3 stages of pistons, cylinder heads, blocks, intercoolers,ect throttle boddies electrical Motor swaps. Drive train swaps. 1,000 of wheels from real models from the real Company+ you can get those MOMO's in 16" or 22" not good for performace wich is effected by every decision but the fact you get the choice. Window tinting, manufacturer decales, vynals, paint all free. It drives as good as GT+ a working clutch got to have a clutch my forza garage feels so personal due to endless possible personal touches to cars that I feel bad I havnt bought a push broom to sweep the floor since I got started.

trevwht

Noob
Jan 25, 2007
Im a 13 year veteran and fan of the Gt series and always will be. But Forza is just as good even with he physics I have raced closed circuit entry races for 11 years & I was always amazed by GT it was closer then I thought a game could do. Forza is the same some better qualities some worse. Forza doesnt give you as good of a sens of speed as GT-5,but that slower feeling of Forza feels more like track day then GT. GT would still win on a 100 point scale by maybe 5 points BUT they forgot to assign that one simulators must have button the clutch. SCEA should fire the dude that forgot that in programing. Forza is better looking period Gt-5's photo mode looks sweet but this is the self proclaimed real driving Sim not Car & Driver Real Photogrophy sim I wouldnt mind a mini game. Tuning hands down Forza, menu's Forza, Custom paint, manufatcure decals, window tinting, 1,000 of real wheels that u can sport in 17"thourh20" have it your way, I wish I could say GT-5 cause it has my loyalty but it allows none of this, it lets you paint but you cant custom tune that paint and its and you luse that color until you get another version of that car (this happens alot) like XXIIIIIV with the same color as version XXIII & XXIII(17" wheel package)type r specC(only sold in japan for 1/2 a year. Prized for its lopier cam 7 more hp) this is how car shopping feels on GT-5 thats good for me who is fanatical about cars and different modles so Gt-5 wns the variey of cars catagory with ease especialy with that list of Evo modles. I wish my long time friend could win but GT-5's clutch went out everyone knows burnt clutch means no (win and a bad smell) Calm down fan boys, real car guys would be missing out if you dont drive both you cant be satisfied with rice chex your wole life try corn chex mix it up. unless you are just a system fanboy andrefuse totry a game thats on another system you hate bcause you bought the otherone1st & the other reasons that you havnt found yet. Be de0prived if your a xbox only guy no bluray or god of war for you, PS3 guys get no Forza and or good times with your wife on the kinect

makoy88

Noob
Feb 1, 2011
this game sucks , its not working on my ps3, but i still prefer the underground. pls make a underground 3 for ps3.. hot pursuit sucks too.. this gt5 is not workin on my jailbrk and on others..

Jul 12, 2008
works just fine on my PS3....no issues with it's ability to run.

Best racer out to date, even if it is by a small margin. To me Forza is better in some areas..like presentation. But GT5 has the best racing simulation feel to it. Forza feels a bit arcade like in some areas. either way, forza and GT are both great games and worth owning. I will say again though, GT5 is the best simulation racer out...though again, not by as big a margin as many were expecting. It's a small margin but a noticeable one.

Feb 9, 2011
First off id like to say this games feels fake like an arcade racing game and if you play this game on standard tv it looks like ps2 I think the sounds suck this game got a 0-10 for me and if you think this game is better than forza your a die hard ps3 fan. Extremely disappointed the way this game turned out ahhh it feels sooooo fake, the only thing positive about this game would be the cars and the detail inside them but other than that complete trash :) FORZA FTW

Dec 28, 2009
I think Gran Turismo 5 deserves better NOW that these huge updates kicked in! At last there is a cockpit view in every car and that's only one thing of the destruction

Sep 21, 2009
Now after some time playing the game, I really regret buying it; it has so many known and obvious issues that are not fixed and PD is releasing patches that ignore them.
Thanks god NFS Unleashed 2 is closing in.

JB-BMW1989

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 23, 2009
Gran Turismo 5 lacks the fun factor compared to the third installment. This is more of a driving/racing school simulator than a video game. Gran Turismo 6 will have to make us feel better. It has to be in production immediately or Polyphony Digital will start losing money again for sure.

May 14, 2010
erm martin why tf did u review this wow he doesnt know a good game even if i punched him in the face does he expect rock obliterating his speakers at every screen "the less said about the sound track the better" ?!!??? does he expect this game to have burnout like carnage ? damage is a no why ? i mean this is a racing sim not an arcade game what a terrible review period.

May 14, 2010
is it just me or does ign hire blind reviewers this guy cant navigate his way threw any menu yet i did it no problem, all menus.

JB-BMW1989

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 23, 2009
I wish they would rate this a 5.5 instead of an 8.5, but then again, it's IGN. They're too notorious for their reviews.

Mar 9, 2011
Congrat Polyphony ! I've just Bot an Xbox 360 with Fuc**g Forza Motorsport 3 ! OMG I Feel unrestricted !!! With this game !!! Forza Motorsport 3 let you create your own tune setup and put it in your personal store with your choice of price.. so you can sell your tunning to others who wants a specific tunnig and making cash ;)... you can create a design to make the car that you always wanted !! And the game is especially finished.. GT5.. FU*K those premium cars ??!! WTF... ... Sorry GT5 but...you sucks... Hope the Gran Turismo 6 will be better...

GT5 : Restricted in : Money : 20 000 000 MAX ? WTF, Good cars are all at million and MORE ! Only Premium Cars has the dash of the car ?? WHY ? NO MORE TIME ? HAHAHH !! Damage ? Only to Premium ? LOL, Painting a Car, Use ONE Paint and thats it ... if you want an other, unlock it...

JB-BMW1989

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 23, 2009
Guys, I played GT5 again to use the PS3 in my office. However, I did notice the Rubberband AI in this game especially on the Extreme Series. The NASCAR Cup is what really frustrates me the hell out of it, on Daytona. Rubberband AI is never a good thing in video games. Street Fighter IV has it and so does Mario Kart Wii. Motorstorm has the biggest rubberband AI in video games today. Split Second belonged in the same category. I can't play a racing game that has a rubberband AI. It's annoying and it kills the pace of the game.

Yeah, this game does suck. Even for a game that has realistic driving, the rubberband AI sacrifices the whole franchise. I don't think I'll play Gran Turismo again, ever. Sorry, Yamauchi. You may be clever, but I think you're more of a racing school teacher than a game designer. You just lost a fan of your series.

bear65va

Noob
Mar 30, 2011
hows that polyphony-sony kool-aid taste?

this game is the worst of them all where it should be the best. I'm with RhealMonster (below comment) altjhough GT6 is not in my future...not giving sony another dime of mine

Xav-man

Noob
Mar 1, 2011
IGN should do some research before they criticize gt5 about its car damage, as you have to be at least level 40 to get the full damage modeling.

sadiesinner

Veritas ~ Aequitas
Dec 24, 2004
Xav-man said:
IGN should do some research before they criticize gt5 about its car damage, as you have to be at least level 40 to get the full damage modeling.
thats false

there is no difference depending on level

Espanto602

Noob
Feb 15, 2011
GT5 has sold over 6 million copies already. Thats over 2 million more copies then Forza 3. And you do need to be lvl 40 to have full damage.

sventhedog

Noob
Nov 27, 2010
then they should consider themselves lucky they picked up so much fans from gt1-4. also helping them is the impatience of gt fans for gt6. and the last thing is that they'll probably expecting gt6 to be worse, so they're buying their last gt. haha.

Oct 27, 2010
why does everyone still think you need to be level 40 to have damage? there are numerous pics on this site of damaged cars from people who are no where near lvl 40, i am one of them. damage modeling is only on premium cars, and only premium race cars can parts fall off. I agree that this is horrible and the damage model blows to boot, if i hit a wall at 200mph, my race should be over, not that my headlight is slightly askew now.

There are soo many problems with game its amazing, to have soo many years in development and we get a game that barely looks better than gt3. The only upside is the incar views, they are amazing but all in all the game is not that good. The only aspect I enjoy is buying all the different cars and racing them around.

Inxeccion

Noob
Feb 24, 2011
Sorry, but I love this game. There's about 300 badly, badly rendered cars in this game but the rest of GT5 is stunning. Most of the standard cars being rendered to a level I'd say similar to Forza 3, the premiums are unbelievable. Also, the followers of this game will know that the point in having this game is to enjoy the amazing driving experience not smashing into walls trying to dislodge everything. It's everything that has been in the past GT games but better in every way, that's no bad thing. Although I'd have to agree with the complaints on the menu's they're all over the place....should've had a Gran Turismo 'map' again, like in the wonderful GT4.

Mar 17, 2011
This is another case where I just feel the need to critise IGN reviewers, not so much with regards to this particular review as it's more or less on the mark (I'd have rated it slightly higher at 8.8 or 8.9) for a review before the numerous updates and patches were released, but for when I had a look at the Forza 3 review and compared the two. How on this earth can people who are supposed to know about gaming and are employed to review games give Forza 3 a higher score than GT5 when GT5 is a far superior driving game. What warranted such a high score for Forza? Car customization? because anyone who knows anything about driving games knows that it's the only thing Forza 3 has over GT5. Forza 3 is a decent enough game but it's no GT5, even with all the (minor) faults GT5 has. So if you're going to massively over-inflate one driving game's review score, do it with the others accordingly so it reflects which game is actually better.

It seems that IGN tends to have it's favourites, Forza, CoD, Fallout etc where faults, bugs and glitches are ignored and high scores are handed out regardless, while any other game in the same genre that's better or very close to the IGN favourite is taken apart piece by tiny piece in the hope that they can find the most minute of faults to triumphantly declare in another biased review.

Mar 17, 2011
This is another case where I just feel the need to critise IGN reviewers, not so much with regards to this particular review as it's more or less on the mark (I'd have rated it slightly higher at 8.8 or 8.9) for a review before the numerous updates and patches were released, but for when I had a look at the Forza 3 review and compared the two. How on this earth can people who are supposed to know about gaming and are employed to review games give Forza 3 a higher score than GT5 when GT5 is a far superior driving game. What warranted such a high score for Forza? Car customization? because anyone who knows anything about driving games knows that it's the only thing Forza 3 has over GT5. Forza 3 is a decent enough game but it's no GT5, even with all the (minor) faults GT5 has. So if you're going to massively over-inflate one driving game's review score, do it with the others accordingly so it reflects which game is actually better.

It seems that IGN tends to have it's favourites, Forza, CoD, Fallout etc where faults, bugs and glitches are ignored and high scores are handed out regardless, while any other game in the same genre that's better or very close to the IGN favourite is taken apart piece by tiny piece in the hope that they can find the most minute of faults to triumphantly declare in another biased review.

CageFury

Noob
Dec 27, 2005
This game suffers from an identity crisis. If you're looking for a fun, slick racing game, this will not do it for you. On the other hand, if you want to feel what's it like to take a real car out to a real track, this game nails it. What this is, is a nearly perfect driving simulation with UI and presentation issues.

Jun 6, 2011
1. Ever wondered why people playing Xbox is here? so have I. I guess they're interrested [face_tongue]

2. I've got a ps3, but that doesn't mean I must hate Halo and Gears of War! Honestly, I like Halo big time. Dunno about Gears of War, 'cause I haven't played it.

3. You gotta stop hating each other 'cuase you've got different consoles. Grow up people! Two persons having different cars doesn't fight. Can't you see how riddiculous you are?

4. You can brag on the games that makes you happy, and shut up about what you haven't even played. You can like both consoles and their games. And if you don't like one of them, then don't write about how much you hate it, shut up instead!

Copy/paste this wherever you think both Xbox-players and Playstation-players can read it, so that they won't fight and make each other angry.
Let's keep each other happy instead. :)