ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
Alright sounds good to me. So being a dope I cancelled my fire emblem pre-order when my Wii u broke because I was going on strike against Nintendo. That lasted all of a week before I gave in.

Now I immensely regret losing my collectors edition. Looks like two carts and a download it is for me

Valar Morghulis

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
I was surprised to hear the collector's edition ran out as fast as it did. I jumped on that shit as fast as I could and managed to snag one before shortly running out of stock soon afterwards.

You should keep an eye out here. Restocks occasionally happen and Gamestop recently had a restock for not too long ago.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/fireemblemfates/
Oh I will absolutely keep this in mind. I would love to have the collectors edition

Valar Morghulis

ZeldaFinalFantasyFan

Tsunologist
Jul 28, 2010
Temporia
If only they can restock the Lucina amiibo. I've been trying to find her at a decent price. Paying any more would defeat the purpose and I may as well jump on the Lucina fig instead.

ZeldaFinalFantasyFan

Tsunologist
Jul 28, 2010
Temporia
Pretty much. Can't trust them to keep a decent inventory check without worrying it'll go out of sale soon.

On a side note, I pre-ordered this when it was announced.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2213/dark-horse-release-art-fire-emblem-awakening

It's that character art book that features all the characters from Awakening that was only released in Japan. It'll be great to see them in their rough sketches and why they decided to go with that design. As well as character profiles. Won't be out till June tho.

Last edited:

Elaisse4

The Nintendork
★ MOD
Oct 6, 2012
Close
Pretty much. Can't trust them to keep a decent inventory check without worrying it'll go out of sale soon.

On a side note, I pre-ordered this when it was announced.

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2213/dark-horse-release-art-fire-emblem-awakening

It's that character art book that features all the characters from Awakening that was only released in Japan. It'll be great to see them in their rough sketches and why they decided to go with that design. As well as character profiles. Won't be out till June tho.
Damn that is really nice and that cover art.
fireemblem.jpg

ZeldaFinalFantasyFan

Tsunologist
Jul 28, 2010
Temporia
I've let it sunk in. I've come to the conclusion that Fire Emblem Awakening is still my favorite FE game and that selling PoR and RD was for the best [face_mischief]

Still fucking salty I sold those games when I was a dumb teenager

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
lol ign fire emblem community
bet you scrubs don't even know what LTC, ironmanning, lowmanning, PMU's, 0% runs, any pre-Awakening feature, etc. are.
I highly doubt I'd fit in here tbh.
I've played most of the series but given how smarmy that post was you're probably right.

Valar Morghulis

Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
bet you scrubs don't even know what LTC, ironmanning, lowmanning, PMU's, 0% runs, any pre-Awakening feature, etc. are.
I've played most of the series but given how smarmy that post was you're probably right.

Valar Morghulis
Ah...I may not have been referring to people like you, so don't worry about it my good sir.
Just curious but, what was your very first Fire Embelm game? And when did you start getting into the series? Favorite FE game?

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
Ah...I may not have been referring to people like you, so don't worry about it my good sir.
Just curious but, what was your very first Fire Embelm game? And when did you start getting into the series? Favorite FE game?
Well I played the original on an emulator around the time the GBA game was released in the US so technically that one. But the one that got me into the series was the feat GBA game. At this point I'm pretty familiar with most games in the series.

Honestly can't pick a favorite. I like most of them a whole lot for a variety of reasons.

Valar Morghulis

Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
Well I played the original on an emulator around the time the GBA game was released in the US so technically that one. But the one that got me into the series was the feat GBA game. At this point I'm pretty familiar with most games in the series.

Honestly can't pick a favorite. I like most of them a whole lot for a variety of reasons.

Valar Morghulis
By "original" you mean the NES one(with Marth)? That's...pretty interesting, I imagine FE1 is more enjoyable if it's the first FE anyone's played.

But dang, it's cool that there are still people like you around in the FE fanbase, especially here. I assumed everyone in here was an Awakening-tard here, so you have my utmost respect as people like you alone are the last shining hope this newb-infested once-great fanbase has sadly, and in that sense I feel a bit more comfortable being here.

ThatGuySien

Valar Morghulis
May 28, 2009
Braavos
By "original" you mean the NES one(with Marth)? That's...pretty interesting, I imagine FE1 is more enjoyable if it's the first FE anyone's played.

But dang, it's cool that there are still people like you around in the FE fanbase, especially here. I assumed everyone in here was an Awakening-tard here, so you have my utmost respect as people like you alone are the last shining hope this newb-infested once-great fanbase has sadly, and in that sense I feel a bit more comfortable being here.
It hasn't aged well and the Shadow Dragon remake did it no favors. Also I'm a big fan of Awakening so this place still might not be for you =P

Valar Morghulis

Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
It hasn't aged well and the Shadow Dragon remake did it no favors. Also I'm a big fan of Awakening so this place still might not be for you =P

Valar Morghulis
Meh, compared to other NES/Famicom games it's aged pretty well I'd say. Not as a Fire Emblem game, but in general the game did seem a bit ahead of it's time honestly. SD I'd say actually complements the original game if you've played the original first, because of nostalgia, but most experienced the first part of Akaneia through SD alone so...yeah.

A lot of based veteran fans like Awakening, or at least tolerate it(even I personally like some of the aspects of Awakening), so that doesn't bother me tbh.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
Shadow Dragons gameplay is fine. It's the story and characters that had zero effort put into them

Valar Morghulis
I agree, but they'd have to change a lot from the original characters and story to make it actually good, since the NES one was bland in that sense too. I can respect that choice personally for a remake, although honestly I didn't really care that much given the cool gameplay stuff. Multiple Hard modes?! Fuckin' reclassing?! I could excuse everything else.

neil_rev

No Longer a Noob
Nov 10, 2013
Elise sux
I actually know all [face_mischief]. Never plan to do 0% run tho, because I really don't like emulating.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2012
Dreamland391
I actually know all [face_mischief]. Never plan to do 0% run tho, because I really don't like emulating.
Ah, makes sense. I've never done a 0% run either though, but watching 0% runs is immensely entertaining nonetheless..

Last edited:

ZeldaFinalFantasyFan

Tsunologist
Jul 28, 2010
Temporia

I'm slowly but surely getting used to those terms [face_tongue]

You know a feature I do miss that's not present in later Fire Emblem games? Base Conversations from PoR. They reward the player by fully exploring everything in the game and it sometimes pays off with a triangle attack or a new character. As well as bonus character development.

I wasn't a big fan of Shadow Dragon. Even from a gameplay standpoint, the difficulty curve is ridiculously bordering between high and low points in the game. That and well, the characters themselves are practically nonexistent. Caeda is probably the only unit I actually cared about from a personality standpoint.

Speaking of, I can bring an old school FE fan on here. He might be interested. [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/xbro.4676487/']@Xbro[/URL]