TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
The Rock’s return last night has quickly become the most disliked WWE video in YouTube history. I feel like even if the original plan was Rock vs. Reigns, they can’t possibly stick with it now, right? I think the only way out of this is making it a triple threat with Cody. There’s a very intriguing story to tell there now.

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
There is no way out of this situation without The Rock being a heel, with the backstage stuff out in the open that The Rock pushed for it, he is done at Mania. Also, WWE doesn't have to change it (see WM 32-38 minus 35).

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
At this point I think the best thing to do is to instead pull a Wrestlemania 30 and have Cody go over both Roman and The Rock

Feb 12, 2006
Somewhere
Even if they pivoted back to Cody vs. Roman or shifted it into a triple threat, I feel like it'd just mean Roman was going over. I find it difficult to believe they'd throw out that dream Rock vs. Roman singles match that's been expected for pretty much this entire title reign and while you can say that it doesn't need the title, I don't think they'd do the match without it.

So if they don't do it this Wrestlemania and move it to the next one, Roman's likely retaining to keep their match as "big" as it possibly can be. Especially if it means Roman's gonna break more records along the way.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So according to Meltzer (so however much salt you care to take with that) the WM main event was literally part of Rock's agreement when he joined the TKO board

That said, they're definitely trying to artificially make a Yes Movement with Cody (according to Alvarez, the fans at NXT last night with the "Rock screwed Cody" and "We want Cody vs. Reigns" were plants(

That90sguy

Star
Feb 2, 2011
The Danger Zone
I have a hard time imagining a Wrestlemania crowd turning on the Rock. This ain’t Dave Batista. They are going to stay the course and it will turn out fine for them I’m sure.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
I have a hard time imagining a Wrestlemania crowd turning on the Rock. This ain’t Dave Batista. They are going to stay the course and it will turn out fine for them I’m sure.
I know Wrestlemania crowds are more regionally diverse, but this is a Pilly crowd we are talking about. The same city that booed when The Rock raised Roman's hand at the end of the Royal Rumble. I don't think the crowds are gonna roll over and accept this change to the story they thought they had payed to see

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013

Watching TNA kill some actual positive hype in a matter of a couple of weeks has been a trip. A depressing one, but one nevertheless.

This post above is following up TNA announcing that they had re-signed Josh Alexander and were corrected by his wife that they had just picked up the option on his contract.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Wrestlemania is shaping up nicely. They just need something good for Gunther, Bianca, Ownes, and Sami.
Gunther will probably end up defending his title in a multi-man match against Sami, Gable, and Dom (at least those three)

Similarly I could see Logan Paul's title defense be a triple threat involving Owens and Randy.

Bianca could either get a singles match against Tiffy or Jade depending on what they want to do with Jade.

Dead2009

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Baltimore
MLW Intimidation Games results

Mistico def Rocky Romero to win the MLW World Middleweight Championship

The Calling (Rickey Shane Page & Sami Callihan def AKIRA & Jake Crist in a New York City Street Fight

Alex Kane def Bobby Fish

World Titan Federation (Davey Boy Smith, Jr & "Filthy Tom Lawlor) def The Second Gear Crew (Matthew Justice & 1 Called Manders) to win the MLW World Tag Team Championship

Matt Riddle def Bad Dude Tito to retain the NJPW World Television Championship

Janai Kai def Zoey Cannon to retain the MLW World Featherweight Championship

Satoshi Kojima def Minoru Suzuki to retain the MLW World Heavyweight Championship

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
I figured out how to rescue Damian Priest's MITB run. Have Seth retain against Drew, then during Roman/Cody have it turn into a huge clusterfuck that ends with Seth getting speared and Cody taking out Roman. Then you have Priest run in through the crowd and nail Cody with the MITB, before telling the ref he's cashing in on Seth, then he hits South of Heaven and wins the title.
#makonbooking

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Yeah the problem is everything going on in the title picture scene is more interesting without Damien Priest. At this point, just run the story of a MitB Champion who is panic trying to find a chance to cash in before the next MitB and his contract expires.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
That was about as good of a Wrestlemania ending as you could have.

Bruce Prichard coming out at the end was a bit of a stinker, but the rest was magnificent storytelling.

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
That was about as good of a Wrestlemania ending as you could have.

Bruce Prichard coming out at the end was a bit of a stinker, but the rest was magnificent storytelling.
It’s pretty incredible. What I had fantasy booked in my head for what “bloodline rules” meant and all of the rumored returns was quite different, what happened was absolutely the right move. When you can lean this heavily into nostalgia like this and yet still have it make perfect sense for the story (while some dispute Taker makes sense, I’m sure there’s a reason for why that was Taker and not Austin, and also Taker was a pretty heated rival of the Rock for a very long time) it’s just magic.

ptfrog16

No Longer a Noob
Nov 4, 2008
Taker was a pretty heated rival of the Rock for a very long time) it’s just magic.
Taker also had a WM Match against Roman, which Roman won. With that in mind, Taker made more sense than Austin who I don't think was had any interactions with Roman.

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
Taker also had a WM Match against Roman, which Roman won. With that in mind, Taker made more sense than Austin who I don't think was had any interactions with Roman.
Indeed true. It does seem though like the spot would have been perfect for Austin. My guess is that Austin was pitched the spot and declined for whatever reason, but I haven’t seen anybody come out and say yet that that was the case either way.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Speaking of people who shouldn’t speak… could someone tell Ronda that we don’t care what she has to say about professional wrestling? I’ve never seen someone as bad as she was be so bitter. She really did not respond well to the fans turning on her.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
She’s exactly the type of person to hate on feminism as a concept while getting mad that people don’t take HER feminist talking points seriously.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
She’s exactly the type of person to hate on feminism as a concept while getting mad that people don’t take HER feminist talking points seriously.
Recalls her issues with becky (on screen at least) floated around the idea that she thought Becky calling herself The Man set back feminism

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
Just want to take a moment to recognize how amazing HHH’s booking is.

Imagine 2-3 years back if somebody told you we’d be heading into a PPV with Chad Gable as a top heel… and meanwhile the dude hadn’t even worked Mania a month before? And not only that, but it all makes sense as a cohesive story without skipping a beat?

Clap hands for the Game.

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
Triple H has, indeed, been cooking. It hasn't all been perfect, but the stuff that stands above the rest REALLY stands above the rest.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Just want to take a moment to recognize how amazing HHH’s booking is.

Imagine 2-3 years back if somebody told you we’d be heading into a PPV with Chad Gable as a top heel… and meanwhile the dude hadn’t even worked Mania a month before? And not only that, but it all makes sense as a cohesive story without skipping a beat?

Clap hands for the Game.
The fact it's for a midcard title is just further proof of Vince's demise.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
WWE should definitely go to France for more PLE. That was a fun crowd.
I feel like the fact they don't go there is why it was a fun crowd.

Obviously going there again once in the next year or so isn't going to kill the crowd, but that was definitely a big factor

Dead2009

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 8, 2019
Baltimore
Here's the wrestling dumbassery of the day......GCW stripped Blake Christian of the world title because he's in New Japans BOSJ and wouldnt be back in time to defend it next weekend. The BOSJ tournament literally ends a week after Cage of Survival, so you mean to tell me that they HAD to take the belt off him?

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
Here's the wrestling dumbassery of the day......GCW stripped Blake Christian of the world title because he's in New Japans BOSJ and wouldnt be back in time to defend it next weekend. The BOSJ tournament literally ends a week after Cage of Survival, so you mean to tell me that they HAD to take the belt off him?
I mean if I was the GM of GCW I'd take the belt off of Blake Christian too purely on the basis that Blake Christian sucks.