Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
I like the angle this could lead to, with Iyo probably having to choose between Kairi or Bayley. Shame the crowd was dead as fuck for her return, probably not the best place for her to return.

IYO will choose Kairi and that will lead Bayley to turn face and align with Bianca Belair…..should be fun!

Kairi being back is great but especially for IYO because this keeps the title on her for a while longer. I can’t see her dropping it anytime soon now with Kairi aligned with her.

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
Also IYO looked like she really didn't give a fuck when she accidentally nailed Bayley. They've been teasing tension between Bayley and IYO for a while now. I don't think it'll be too long before Dakota is back too. So I could see a feud between Bayley/Dakota and IYO/Kairi for a while.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008

Got me exited. To fantasy book for a moment, I imagine Bayley will loss the inevitable Wargames match for Dmg Ctrl. Not sure what I like better from there though. Dakota supporting Bayley after the other three kick Bayley out, or Dakota abandoning Bayley too.

staple_gun

Oderunt dum Metuant
Oct 7, 2006
Chris Hero is returning to the ring tonight against Timothy Thatcher.

Here's a link to the event on Youtube (not piracy, they're streaming it)

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
I'm pretty whatever towards it, there really aren't any possible matchups with him in WWE that excites me.

Gunther beating him up would be cool to see, I guess...but that's with every Gunther opponent, so...🤷‍♂️

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Rollins, Cody, KO, Styles, and Reigns jump out as potential opponents. You also have guys like Gunther, McIntyre, Zayn, Balor, Priest, etc. that would be fun choices. LA Knight would be epic for the promo wars.

I’m curious to see how Punk does in WWE without Vince as head booker.

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I have to assume he's gonna be on a part time schedule, seeing as his AEW run proved his body absolutely can't take full time anymore. So if he wins a world title as a part timer, would that officially make him the biggest hypocrite in wrestling?

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
He is already high on that list after telling MJF to go to WWE if he thinks the grass is greener. Now when MJF stays in AEW and Punk main events "Night 4 of a buy one get one free extravaganza", he's gonna look real silly. Not to mention when he cashes in those Saudi blood money checks.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
He is already high on that list after telling MJF to go to WWE if he thinks the grass is greener. Now when MJF stays in AEW and Punk main events "Night 4 of a buy one get one free extravaganza", he's gonna look real silly. Not to mention when he cashes in those Saudi blood money checks.
I have never been more attracted to you

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
Punk is so full of shit lol

Also there has not been a single year in wrestling where CM Punk was the best in the world. It’s even more cringey for him saying it in 2023

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Yeah, it’s hard to believe anything Punk says when his entire AEW run was about being a professional wrestler and how WWE wasn’t the place for him. It’s still surreal to see him on Raw after all this time, but that promo was definitely lacking.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Punk is so full of shit lol

Also there has not been a single year in wrestling where CM Punk was the best in the world. It’s even more cringey for him saying it in 2023
The one thing he said that I believed was at the end when he said he’s just there to make money.

makoncrayley

The Wildcard
Jul 18, 2008
I cannot see Okada working out in WWE in any way, shape or form. Dude's entire presentation is too New Japan oriented for it to work in WWE.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
If I had to bet on what North American Wrestling company Okada would sign with, I'd bet on TNA before I'd ever bet on WWE.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
If I had to bet on what North American Wrestling company Okada would sign with, I'd bet on TNA before I'd ever bet on WWE.
LMAO, Okada’s not going from being the top star in Japan’s biggest promotion for the last decade to signing with the distant third place American company. That’d be like Roman Reigns leaving WWE to go exclusive with Dragon Gate.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
LMAO, Okada’s not going from being the top star in Japan’s biggest promotion for the last decade to signing with the distant third place American company. That’d be like Roman Reigns leaving WWE to go exclusive with Dragon Gate.
Oh I know for sure. I'd just say if Okada did go to a NA company, I'd rank the odds at AEW, TNA, WWE in that order.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I’d put WWE at the top of that list. It’s hard to picture how he’d fit in there, or how much he’d need to change his style, but I don’t see AEW or especially TNA being worth his time if he did decide to leave New Japan and come to the States full time.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
It’s kind of annoying that they keep putting the NXT North American title on main roster talent, but Dragon Lee pulling double duty as champ is too good to pass up.

AWSMan

Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I’m more annoyed that they jobbed Lee clean to Escobar (for the second time) the night before he won it. Why was that necessary? They could have at LEAST had Dom distract Lee for the finish since he was literally right there, though the better option would’ve been to take advantage of the US tournament to give us a fresh match we wouldn’t normally see. Dragon Lee could’ve faced Butch and gone over, then lost to Lashley in the second round - or even Escobar if they’re determined to keep that one-sided feud going, but at least then Lee would’ve looked better going into the title match.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So TIL that The Iron Claw completely cuts Chris Von Erich from the movie. Chris committed suicide, and the director said he was cut because it would be too unrealistic for a film to have THAT many tragedies

Think about that for a second

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Seth Rollins is injured and could potentially miss Wrestlemania. If this happens, they obviously have to do Cody vs. Punk for the title, right?

sH0Tz

#HeadOfTheTable
Feb 26, 2014
That would by my guess if Seth can't make Mania. Unclear as to how long he's gonna be out. I think for now, they should have Priest cash in on Monday ... Have Punk win the Rumble and then Cody could win the title from Priest in the Elimination Chamber. If Seth can make Mania, they could always add him in to make a triple threat for the WHC.

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
Seth Rollins is injured and could potentially miss Wrestlemania. If this happens, they obviously have to do Cody vs. Punk for the title, right?
Kinda crazy to have a second potential HUGE CRAZY RESET BUTTON for a Mania main event, the first being the Rock.

Assuming Seth is out, you’d probably still have Punk do the night one main event, and yeah, Cody is the biggest name that can be added to the poster. Guess it could depend on how dead set they were on whatever plan B was for Cody with the Rock back. If they still wanna do, for example, Cody vs Orton, then they have to ask themselves if it’s Cody OR Punk who gets the main event now. I’m imagining that Punk/Drew or Punk/Jey and especially Punk/Priest isnt as an obvious a Night One Main Event.

I’m also still not counting out Austin/Punk. Been quiet on that front and personally I wouldn’t rule it out until after next week. Obviously that’s your night one Main Event if it’s happening, and then all bets are off for what the RAW title match is without Rollins.

TBH I’m hoping whatever happens these next few weeks doesn’t involve a Priest cash-in. My hope for that is that Rhea drops the title to Becky at Mania, and then in the weeks following Mania she somehow acquires the briefcase from Priest when he gets booted from the group.

Here’s another idea if the RR is for the vacant title - imagine #30 is Roman, trying to reunify the belts? Then either he’s eliminated by Cody, to keep THE STORY going, or maybe even distracted by Rock to set up the Mania match.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I don’t have any issues with HBK and Regal working behind the scenes in NXT rather than being on camera, but was Ava really their best option for GM? I know it’s developmental, but I just don’t buy her as an authority figure.

Although, now that Regal is working without restrictions (from whatever agreement he made with AEW), I could get behind him bringing Dunne, Bate, and Dempsey together as a trio on Smackdown.

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Ava needs a lot of work. I'm okay with her being a GM for now, as it gives her time to keep training and keep learning while still getting practice being on screen and delivering lines on the regular.

bpapa2016

No Longer a Noob
May 16, 2016
So.. that Vince/Brock news is upsetting.
Vince is a dirty pervert who I’m assuming now has to be done (markets close in 15, hmmm).

Brock may have just been “one of the boys”, and not a defendant, so I can see him getting away from this. Maybe his true role comes out later. Guess we’ll see. Can’t imagine he’s actually gonna show up to work on Saturday though.

Last edited:

TheVert

Discreet in my funk
Jul 20, 2005
Okada might have went to WWE a day ago, but now I'd do everything to avoid this train wreck.

Rock is probably furious he just came onto the Board for THIS.

Sep 18, 2004
Possible Royal Rumble Spoiler :

Not sure if anyone has followed former WWE star Tyler Rekks, who now goes by Gabbi. But I’m pretty sure she will be a surprise entrant this weekend in the rumble. So keep an eye out for that. She’s been training for a comeback and has confirmed she has to fly to the east coast this weekend for something.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Possible Royal Rumble Spoiler :

Not sure if anyone has followed former WWE star Tyler Rekks, who now goes by Gabbi. But I’m pretty sure she will be a surprise entrant this weekend in the rumble. So keep an eye out for that. She’s been training for a comeback and has confirmed she has to fly to the east coast this weekend for something.
There’s no way they waste a spot on Tyler Reks lol.

Sep 18, 2004
There’s no way they waste a spot on Tyler Reks lol.
I wouldn’t be so sure. I follow her on TikTok. She’s been training at Dustin Rhodes gym/school. She’s been throwing a TON of hints out. If not the royal rumble I see her coming back very soon. I was thinking AEW bound for a while but I think it’s gonna be WWE.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I wouldn’t be so sure. I follow her on TikTok. She’s been training at Dustin Rhodes gym/school. She’s been throwing a TON of hints out. If not the royal rumble I see her coming back very soon. I was thinking AEW bound for a while but I think it’s gonna be WWE.
Idk, a Rumble return seems highly unlikely. A majority of today’s audience wouldn’t recognize her, especially now.