Mar 6, 2013
United States
Hey, does anyone play Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii? 'Cause after playing Fire Emblem Awakening, brawling as Marth and Ike took on a new meaning for me, I realized hey, Marth, (who was already one of my fav. Super Smash characters) is from Fire Emblem and I'm like, wow. Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game that I'd ever played before and now all the pieces kinda fallen into place if you know what I mean.......

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
If you haven't played the games the characters are actually from, you don't know jack about them. Lots of people found out about FE from SSBM, and "Are Marth and Roy in this one?" was a phase most new players needed to grow out of. Awakening shows a few characters from each previous game, but that's only a tiny sliver of content from their respective games. Marth isn't a woman, Marth didn't fight an aged-up Roy, Ike never looked like that, etc. The only representation that's accurate are the characters' own games.

Explore the rest of the series. It may feel completely different, but it's worth playing. Just don't expect to ever see the same level of canon-bending as Awakening in previous titles.

exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
The Deadlords (Dark Warlords in the Japanese versions), were introduced in FE4, and explained somewhat in FE5. In FE4, they were tough enemies in the final chapter, guarding Valhalla castle. In FE5 they were created in the final chapter by Veld using the visage of important units that weren't recruited or dead and Leidrick. Basically they're the strongest servants of the Lopt Sect, created using the dead bodies of powerful warriors. They're pretty much the same as Nergal's morphs.

Infinite Regalia happens in the Outrealm, so canon can bend whichever way it wants. They're probably dead characters from all of the Fire Emblem games, locked away in an alternate dimension after you reset your console. Shame on you.
Yeah because i remember always getting killed by julius after killing them in seisu no keifu

Last edited:

exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
Have any of you guys who've played Genealogy of the holy war tried killing julius on chapter 10? I eventually did it for fun.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
If you haven't played the games the characters are actually from, you don't know jack about them. Lots of people found out about FE from SSBM, and "Are Marth and Roy in this one?" was a phase most new players needed to grow out of. Awakening shows a few characters from each previous game, but that's only a tiny sliver of content from their respective games. Marth isn't a woman, Marth didn't fight an aged-up Roy, Ike never looked like that, etc. The only representation that's accurate are the characters' own games.

Explore the rest of the series. It may feel completely different, but it's worth playing. Just don't expect to ever see the same level of canon-bending as Awakening in previous titles.
I'm aware of that thank you very much. I want to try all of the other ones, I just don't have the systems to play them on anymore. I'm trying to get Radiant Dawn as the Wii is the only other system that I have for Fire Emblem games , I DO know what Marth, Ike, Michiah, and Leif ect. look like as well.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
If you want to play Radiant Dawn, playing Path of Radiance first is a must. Radiant Dawn is a divisive game mainly because it is a direct sequel to Path of Radiance and doesn't work well as well as a standalone entry.

JaffarsSensai

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 8, 2006
So, I realize this was a bad idea now, but I paired my avatar with Anna (I mean, come on, she's Anna, the quintessential FE character.).

My first playthrough is a straight run anyways, so I doubt it'll matter much, but what should I expect when I do pick Morgan up?

P.S. - side note, Henry as Owain's father is lulzy, as I got an Owain with 16 base magic as a myrmidon.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Morgan will be fine no matter what since he/she's MU's son/daughter and MU should be miles/streets ahead of the entire army/group since he/she has Veteran/Spaghetti.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
So far the only kids that I haven't unlocked are Noire, Gerome, and Inigo although I'm working on it.......if these aren't good match-ups please let me know

Libra-Olivia

Gauis-Cherche

I know that Gauis isn't great but I thought I'd try him...

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Libra gives Inigo Priest, Mage, and Dark Mage. Nothing useful there. Inigo isn't amazing no matter how you pair Olivia, but I doubt he would be useful as a Mage. Gaius would be better for Inigo than Gerome, since he gives Thief and Fighter, rounding out Inigo's physical attacker set.

Gaius gives Gerome Thief and Myrmidon, which is decent, but not great. Gregor is a superior father for Gerome, since he gives Myrmidon, Barbarian, and Mercenary, plus higher caps in Str and Def.

_Kharybdis

Noob
Jun 27, 2006
I haven't had the chance to recruit him yet, but won't Chrom!Inigo be pretty beast, assuming you give him Galeforce? That, combined with Rightful King and access to Sol/Luna, should make him quite powerfu, l would think.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
Libra gives Inigo Priest, Mage, and Dark Mage. Nothing useful there. Inigo isn't amazing no matter how you pair Olivia, but I doubt he would be useful as a Mage. Gaius would be better for Inigo than Gerome, since he gives Thief and Fighter, rounding out Inigo's physical attacker set.

Gaius gives Gerome Thief and Myrmidon, which is decent, but not great. Gregor is a superior father for Gerome, since he gives Myrmidon, Barbarian, and Mercenary, plus higher caps in Str and Def.
OK cool, I've been hearing that Gregor isn't really good as a father for anyone but now I guess he'll actually be useful............He can get Sol which I think is one of the best skills

Mar 6, 2013
United States
I haven't had the chance to recruit him yet, but won't Chrom!Inigo be pretty beast, assuming you give him Galeforce? That, combined with Rightful King and access to Sol/Luna, should make him quite powerfu, l would think.
Yes, he will be virtually indestructible, but it is VERY hard to get a Chrom-Olivia "S" support rank....I'd recommend saving the Paraloges that you get in the first chapters and use them to build Chrom-Olivia's support stats after Chapter 10 when she joins

_Kharybdis

Noob
Jun 27, 2006
You can reply to each post all in one big response, you know. (in fact if we had mods around, you'd probably get warned for not doing so)

And I don't know who said Gregor is a bad father, but I would disagree. He has access to the Mercenary class (arguably one of the best in the game), and can give his daughters access to Renewal (which is really tanky combined with Sol and Armsthrift).

Actually it's incredibly easy to marry Chrom to Olivia. As long as he hasn't built any support any of the other eligible women, he only needs a single support point with Olivia to marry her by the end of chapter 11. Which is good because that's the chapter she joins, so it would be literally impossible to build their rank to S.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
And I don't know who said Gregor is a bad father, but I would disagree. He has access to the Mercenary class (arguably one of the best in the game), and can give his daughters access to Renewal (which is really tanky combined with Sol and Armsthrift).
Gregor, like every father, varies from being the best to the worst parent class-wise. Gregor is a great father to Gerome as he rounds out Gerome's already impressive physical class set, but he passes nothing down to Inigo. Pairings should always be weighed case by case and in relation to other pairings if you're trying to squeeze every drop of efficiency out of a single playthrough.

Btw, Gregor has no innate access to Renewal, but can "grant" a daughter the Troubador line by passing down Barbarian, giving them the War Cleric class which can learn Renewal.

_Kharybdis

Noob
Jun 27, 2006
Right, so an unqualified claim that Gregor is a bad father is just wrong.

And yep, I thought that was pretty clear. I'm thinking it would be particularly useful for Nah, who has the Manakete class for tankiness and doesn't really mind the lack of Galeforce.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
You can reply to each post all in one big response, you know. (in fact if we had mods around, you'd probably get warned for not doing so)

Actually it's incredibly easy to marry Chrom to Olivia. As long as he hasn't built any support any of the other eligible women, he only needs a single support point with Olivia to marry her by the end of chapter 11. Which is good because that's the chapter she joins, so it would be literally impossible to build their rank to S.
I've always thought of Gregor as a good father him having access to Sol, Armsthrift etc and all. Ok, that's good to know, thanks, I thought he had to get an "S" rank.......Do you how Inigo turns out with Lon'qu as the father?

_Kharybdis

Noob
Jun 27, 2006
He will have high speed and skill, but he gains virtually no powerful skills from Lon'qu, unless you like breakers. I would probably opt for someone who gave him either Luna, Renewal, or Lifetaker.

exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
Ok so i started a new profile (like my fifth one) so here are my planned marriages
ChromxOlivia: already did
MuxChereche
Henryxmiriel
TharjaXLibra
VaikeXlissa
Stahlxsully
DonnelXnowi
SUmiaXhenry
Lonquxcordelia
rickenxmaribelle
frederickxpanne

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Just a suggestion, you might want to pair Sully or Tharja with Gaius for an inherited Pegasus Knight set. Stahl doesn't give Kjelle anything useful since the Archer class is easily ignored.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
Ok so i started a new profile (like my fifth one) so here are my planned marriages
ChromxOlivia: already did
MuxChereche
Henryxmiriel
TharjaXLibra
VaikeXlissa
Stahlxsully
DonnelXnowi
SUmiaXhenry
Lonquxcordelia
rickenxmaribelle
frederickxpanne
Lon'qu-Cordelia is good, have Cordelia get Galeforce before you play Severa's paralouge.

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
You need to have the skill you want the child to inherit in the last slot on the parent's equipped skills. If you forget, you can always back out of the chapter by choosing exit in the preparations menu after taking a look at the child's skills and stats.

Also, I hope Olivia had Galeforce to pass down to Inigo.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
Man I love Dark Fliers, I've got Sumia, Cordelia, Cherche, and Cynthia as Dark Fliers, I call them my fly girls... they're like unstoppable.... unless of course there are archers....

Last edited:

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
I was that way with Path of Radiance and Genealogy of the Holy War. After sinking 160 hours into three files I'm almost completely done with Awakening. I have a little bit of money still in my E-shop account, so I might buy the Future of Despair DLC since it seems to have meaningful story bits about the children characters, but I could buy a cheap VC game instead.

Honestly, I seriously regret buying all of the series 1 DLC. The cheater pack was the only one worth the price.

Mar 6, 2013
United States
Yeah, i know what you mean... I actually have a lot of the DLC maps, I just buy the packs rather then buy them separately, I've got the Rouges and Redeemers pack, the Golden Pack and I forget the other...

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
I got lucky last night and found Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for $25 @ Gamestop.....it's fun, but not nearly as good as Awakening..
Shadow Dragon ranks as one of the worst games in the series. It's a remake of the first FE game, made over two decades ago. IS added most the mechanics that had been created since the first game, but didn't add any depth to the outdated and now boring chapters, story, or characters. The only good thing that came out of Shadow Dragon was Reclassing, which was used very well in Heroes of Light and Shadow (which was never officially translated and released outside of Japan), and of course Awakening.

If you're looking for depth, check out Blazing Sword(called simply 'Fire Emblem' outside Japan) or Path of Radiance. If you feel like learning about emulation, Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 are incredible games. Genealogy is where the marriage system originally came from, and it has a much more important role than in Awakening. Pairings matter a hell of a lot more than the child's stat caps and hair color.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2013
United States
I got lucky last night and found Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon for $25 @ Gamestop.....it's fun, but not nearly as good as Awakening..
Shadow Dragon ranks as one of the worst games in the series. It's a remake of the first FE game, made over two decades ago. IS added most the mechanics that had been created since the first game, but didn't add any depth to the outdated and now boring chapters, story, or characters. The only good thing that came out of Shadow Dragon was Reclassing, which was used very well in Heroes of Light and Shadow (which was never officially translated and released outside of Japan), and of course Awakening.

If you're looking for depth, check out Blazing Sword(called simply 'Fire Emblem' outside Japan) or Path of Radiance. If you feel like learning about emulation, Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776 are incredible games. Genealogy is where the marriage system originally came from, and it has a much more important role than in Awakening. Pairings matter a hell of a lot more than the child's stat caps and hair color.
OK, what systems are Genealogy and Thracia 776 for? They sound good from what I've heard, and what about Sacred Stones? Is it any good?

YourVeryOwnGeek

Hey kid, I'm a computer.
Jun 11, 2007
Genealogy of the Holy War(FE4) and Thracia 776(FE5) were for the Super Famicom (SNES), but never released outside Japan. There are translation patches for the roms of the games, which can be run with an SNES emulator on your PC. Emulation is the only way to play a large portion of the FE series in english.

Sacred Stones(FE8) was on the GBA and available in all territories. It used to be a total black sheep, but looking back it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. It's not as deep as Blazing Sword(FE7) or Path of Radiance(FE9), but it doesn't play up the parts I dislike about it as much as Awakening does.

Overall, I would rank the games:
FE2 < FE11 < FE3 < FE6 < FE8 < Awakening < FE12 < FE4 < FE7 < FE 5 < FE9 < FE10
/opinion

Mar 6, 2013
United States
Genealogy of the Holy War(FE4) and Thracia 776(FE5) were for the Super Famicom (SNES), but never released outside Japan. There are translation patches for the roms of the games, which can be run with an SNES emulator on your PC. Emulation is the only way to play a large portion of the FE series in english.

Sacred Stones(FE8) was on the GBA and available in all territories. It used to be a total black sheep, but looking back it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. It's not as deep as Blazing Sword(FE7) or Path of Radiance(FE9), but it doesn't play up the parts I dislike about it as much as Awakening does.

Overall, I would rank the games:
FE2 < FE11 < FE3 < FE6 < FE8 < Awakening < FE12 < FE4 < FE7 < FE 5 < FE9 < FE10
/opinion
Ok...

exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
The dumbest thing i've heard from my friend: FIRE EMBLEM IS GAY BECAUSE IKE IS USELESS IN SSBB. Clearly, my friend has no common sense

exoblaze

Noob
Nov 19, 2012
If the einjehar were created by different people could'nt that mean that fire emblem worlds could be parallel to another?