tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
The Sens beat Dallas in overtime tonight.

An interesting stat, though - three former Sens goalies - Bishop, Elliott, and Lehner - are now a combined 18-0-9 against the Sens since leaving the Sens. In 27 games, they haven’t lost-in-regulation even once. That’s kinda astounding.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Didn't Bishop get hurt tonight too??

Also I'm seeing more stories of fans getting removed from Sens (and their AHL affiliate) for having #MelnykOut signs

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Didn't Bishop get hurt tonight too??

Oh! I didn't know that til today - didn't actually watch the game. I guess the ex-goalies are still just 18-0-8 against the Sens (a stat I heard in the pregame show, and that the Sens were likely to either extend or break the streak since Bishop was starting), and Lehtonen took the OTL.

Yes, I wind up catching more Sens pregame shows than actual games. The pregame show is often on radio during my commute.

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Hall’s streak hit 26 tonight, passing Crosby’s career long streak of 25 and tying Patrick Kane’s 26 as the longest streaks in the past 20 years. The last player to go over 26 was Mario Lemieux in 95-96, whose streak reached 28.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Ron Francis has been relieved of his duties as general manager of Carolina.

Officially it’s a promotion. Now he’s president of hickey operations. But we’ve seen this sort of ‘promotion’ before. It usually leads out the door before too long.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
And in the same game, Hall's streak came to an end, 26 games, equalling Patrick Kane's 26 game streak as the two longest streaks since Mario Lemieux's 28 in 1995-96.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Hey Boston? Go fuck yourself. Montreal? You too. I can’t fucking believe the Devils have actually been playing well, but have lost ground to Florida and Columbus because they’ve gone a combined 25-4 lately and not one team opposing them can do anything but roll over.

TVtech9

Star
Dec 14, 2009
Pennsylvania
Question to Chicago, Dallas, New Jersey fans: How come when you guys had Oduya, this song was never sang or played when he scored:

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Make that 27-4, another two rollovers.

If this keeps up, the Devils could get like a 100 point season and still miss playoffs. Combined opposition going over .850 for an extended period is fucking insanity.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Reminds me of that year (lower point totals) the Caps won the division on the last day of the season after being in last at Thanksgiving. They went on a ridiculous tear at the end of the year like after the trade deadline but everyone else kept winning just as much, then Carolina finally faltered....

edit: Looked it up, they went 11-1 but the Flyers/Rangers/Hurricanes/Bruins all kept winning too.

Flyers were 7-1-1
Rangers were 5-1-4 (3 3pt games with Flyers/Devils who were also in playoff hunt)
Bruins were 4-1-3 (think they clinched before they lost the last game of the season though)
Hurricanes were 9-4-1 (2 of those losses in the last 3 games which is what allowed the Caps to steal the division, 1 to the Caps and 1 to Florida in their last game of the season)

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Funny, the only team the Devils actually control their own destiny to overtake ... is Pittsburgh. 2 games head to head against them means the Devils currently stand to be able to outpace them if they win out. The same can’t be said against the Panthers, Jackets, or Flyers.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Things going well for the Devils so far tonight.

Caps finally closing in on clinching a spot. It goes from 82% chance at 0-8 to 98% at 1-7.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Devils win was huge but they still need Florida to lose and that didn’t happen. The Devils still don’t control their destiny.

Edit: I guess technically they do because of Pit-phi and Pit-clb games that can’t award 2 points to both so one of those three teams loses pace, so 7-0 does clinch for the devils because they’re guaranteed to overtake one of those three. 6-0-1 doesn’t.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Eh, winning when you are against the top seed in the conference and your opponent is against one of the worst teams has to be a good night in my book. Plus the blue jackets lost at home and 4 of their last 6 games are on the road.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Tonight, I am a Leafs fan.

For the foreseeable future, I'm a fan of any team that is opposing Florida, Columbus, or Philadelphia. And in case the stars align, Pittsburgh too.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
And of course, one game that really should have been a good chance of Devils gaining ground was Philly at Colorado. But of fucking course Varlamov goes DTD and they called up the Hamburglar because the Devils can't have nice things like their rivals occasionally facing teams that are healthy and competent.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
West Canada just rolled over for the Blue Jackets, sucks. I guess they still have to beat Vancouver to get the 6 points, but I honestly feel like 4 is already enough for them to not have a ton of pressure going on them into those last 2 games (Pens and Preds). They're at a 96% to be in if they go 1-3 at this point...

If I had to guess right now, I'd say the last team in will be on 95 points

Really feels like its down to the Devils/Panthers to me right now, has felt that way since last weekend but even more with the way the teams above them got results since then. Devils will most likely be playing 5 teams that have their spots locked at the time of the game (3 teams already out and the Leafs who are gonna be 3rd seed and Caps who would have to completely crumble to not have 1b seed locked up). 95 seems fairly obtainable to me.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
Not really though. They'd need to win every game then need the Devils to go 0-5 against 5 teams that will likely have far less motivation (see previous post). Then they need Florida to fail to get 4 points.

I'll put it this way, even if Carolina goes 4-0, sportsclubstats has them at less then .1% to get in. Hell they have a 90% chance to finish 10th at 4-0....so not even 1 place out and thats if they go 4-0.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
It’s neither plausible nor probable. It is still technically possible, but a long ways from plausible.

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
East looking like its about seeding now, Panthers playing 2 home games tonight and tomorrow though. They could get a nice boost back into the race if they grab 4 points, but they'll need help from the Rangers/Islanders/Red Wings to stay in it. I guess we'll see where things stand tomorrow night.

Still not sure who I'd like to see the Caps play. Probably not Philly, just cause their weakness is something we'll make into a strength.

Western Conference is a bit more interesting in the race for a spot right now. Colorado is the more unfavored team as things stand but the teams in the race have a bit more head to head matches remaining then the teams in the East (who are mostly playing teams out of the picture right now).

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
The East 8 could be locked down as early as tonight. In fact, if all four games end with the currently-in-a-playoff-spot-team regulation defeating the team currently-not-in-a-playoff-spot (so NJ over NYR, CLB over DET, PHI over NYI, and NSH over FLA), the chase for the last playoff slot in the east would be over and the remaining week would only be about jostling for seeding placement.

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Also, fun with numbers. Sens lost their final home game of the season, and fan-appreciation night, 6-5 last night. Their captain #65 assisted on the last goal of the game with 65 seconds left on the clock, bringing the team's season goal differential to -65. He then deliberately retrieved that puck from the net... leading many to believe he wanted that souvenir of his last home game as a Senator.

Last edited:

Doom67

Gloom67
Oct 28, 2000
The last goal was also Duchene's 200th right? Though I read the puck wasn't the puck the goal was scored with but the one with the final whistle that he ended up tucking into his pants. If he leaves it will be very interesting to see where he ends up. Any team would get a massive boost. A current bubble team could be a presidents trophy contender with him.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Every time the Devils have ever clinched a playoff spot, Lou Lamoriello has been in the building.

Streak continued tonight.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
That second one surprises me not so much that he tied the record as much as who he’s tied with. I would have guessed one of the big’uns (Brodeur Roy Hasek) or one of the longtime workhorses (Lundqvist, Belfour, Luongo, Barasso) would have been the holder of that.

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown

lol I hope this happens.

1z1co53.jpg

Would need Florida to win their final 2 games in shootouts and the Flyers to lose their final game by 2.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Connor Hellebuyck overtakes Tom Barrasso for most wins in a season by an American goaltender (44), also becomes 1st goaltender in NHL history to win 30 home games in a season.