UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Didnt San Jose throw stuff at Pittsburgh too? I thought they did.

At least I get to see 3 River Hawks win the cup this year (Ruhwedel, Hainsey, Wilson) and probably get engraved on it too.

If the Cup comes to the Tsongas, I'll (begrudgingly) go see it.

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Love that Mario is on the cup 5 times now.

Didnt San Jose throw stuff at Pittsburgh too? I thought they did.

At least I get to see 3 River Hawks win the cup this year (Ruhwedel, Hainsey, Wilson) and probably get engraved on it too.

If the Cup comes to the Tsongas, I'll (begrudgingly) go see it.
hmm, don't remember. maybe those little bracelets they gave out?

Jun 27, 2002
If my team won the stanley cup, I would hella not be on an online message board in the hour following. Work or not. I'd be celebrating. So jesus guys, what the hell [face_tongue]

Last edited:

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
The Pens have lost the last 8 or 9 games I've gone to a bar to watch and I live on the other side of the country, so...meh.

Really wish I was in Pittsburgh right now...only way I'd ever want to go to the South Side.

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Conn Smythe goes to Crosby. Not a surprise, it was down to him and Malkin.

I'd like to see the voting (which of course, I never will), see how close Rinne was. Yeah, he looked awful in the games in Pittsburgh in the final, but I remember the last time a goalie entered the final as the clear story-of-the-playoffs but looked bad in losing all his road games in the final... they still awarded the Conn Smythe to Giguere.

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004

I'd like to see the voting (which of course, I never will), see how close Rinne was. Yeah, he looked awful in the games in Pittsburgh in the final, but I remember the last time a goalie entered the final as the clear story-of-the-playoffs but looked bad in losing all his road games in the final... they still awarded the Conn Smythe to Giguere.

yeah, Giguere still finished with insane numbers though. if the PHWA got it right, Crosby won by a large margin and Rinne/Malkin maybe a close-ish 2nd/3rd

In the process of looking at Conn Smythe winners, noticed that the only two back-to-back winners were Mario and Sid. that's kinda neat

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001

Apparently the final voting was revealed after all. Rinne didn't get a single vote. Karlsson did. !

DCJxXfWXcAIipQN.jpg

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
saw that!! crazy!

did they not reveal the entire vote, was voting restricted, or are there way fewer PHWA members than I thought?!

nice to see they got it right with Sid though, with Malkin a distant second

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Allegedly Pittsburgh will be releasing a 45 pound catfish named "Stanley" back into the river during the parade. lol

Last edited:

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Apparently they fit an extra ~125k downtown than I thought, the city projected ~650k people participated. That's insane for a city of Pittsburgh's size, especially considering the transplant factor.

I'd have to imagine Toronto would double that up.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Yeh, and Karlsson had tendon damage that he just underwent surgery for yesterday, 4 month recovery. It seems like the whole league was the skating dead.