Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
I for one think that, by the standards of overturning that the NHL has been using all year, where anything remotely close to inconclusive is returned as "Not clear enough evidence to overturn, the call on the ice stands", that this should have been the call here too

that's my issue as well. anyone watching the game, even (or especially?) casual/new fans, who isn't husker would have understood the call on the ice standing. so not only did they turn off a lot of people watching the game, confused new and old fans alike, and created a huge distraction, they've also set themselves up for a major controversy. just plain fucking stupid all around.
Reading comprehension is an amazing thing, like when I said "Let me put it this way, I wouldn't have complained if it stood, but I believe the right call was to reverse."

The NHL has been consistent in their standing on what is and is not "possession". That wasn't possession. Want to change the rule, call the league office.

not at all surprising you expect people to read and remember every fucking one of your posts. anyone who posts random 'dear diary' type shit to twitter, facebook, message boards, etc. like you do here, is usually pretty full of themselves

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
not at all surprising you expect people to read and remember every fucking one of your posts. anyone who posts random 'dear diary' type shit to twitter, facebook, message boards, etc. like you do here, is usually pretty full of themselves
What are you even talking about? Enough with the unwarranted shit slinging. Dear diary? What?

The post with what I said was maybe a handful of posts above yours. If you are going to spew sewer about someone, you better know what you're talking about.

It isn't friendly debate with some of you, it immediately becomes fits of rage personal attacks. Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
There's only three of us here so no need for your parenthesis bullshit. Call us out if you want to. Whatever you say though won't change the fact I, along with a lot of other neutral parties, think the refs have been pretty terrible and inconsistent as all hell. If that's delusional in your world, then so be it.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
I love when those that wear tinfoil hats accuse others of being delusional.

It's really the opposite in terms of delusional fans and owners, press, etc. It's embarrassing how many of the hoi polloi think the NHL fixes games for the Pens. I guess they forgot about doing that from 2010-2015.

Ted Leonsis has spent countless hours putting together video highlight packages to show people how the NHL fixes games for the Pens to win. #obsessed

Then you have the absurd narrative that the league protects Sidney Crosby and fixes games to help him, yet, no one takes the abuse he does night in and night out and nothing is done about it by the league. Once again, the NHL is really bad at this whole helping the Pens thing.

Jun 13, 2003
There's only three of us here so no need for your parenthesis bullshit. Call us out if you want to. Whatever you say though won't change the fact I, along with a lot of other neutral parties, think the refs have been pretty terrible and inconsistent as all hell. If that's delusional in your world, then so be it.

Hockey refs have always sucked and are inconsistent because they change the rules in the playoffs.

The Penguins have been protected by the league for a decade.

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
it means that the penguins have been good over the past 10 years so people hate them.

same as how the patriots, warriors, red sox, etc... get preferential treatment

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
If the Penguins can be hated by average hockey fans in the way that I hate the Patriots, I'll be extremely happy.

What fun is it in hating a loser? There's a reason the Pirates don't have any damn rivals while the Pens & Steelers have a bushel.

The 'protected' part is laughable, but I get why nearly everyone that isn't a Penguins fan is rooting for the Preds in this series. I mean...I was rooting for a team from fucking Atlanta a few months ago because fuck the Patriots [face_tongue]

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I think the average hockey fan hates Chicago more than Pittsburgh...

The 'protected' part is laughable, but I get why nearly everyone that isn't a Penguins fan is rooting for the Preds in this series. I mean...I was rooting for a team from fucking Atlanta a few months ago because fuck the Patriots [face_tongue]

C8AZkCgXQAUABHs.jpg

Last edited:

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Not even trailing in the game yet. Already whining about how the other team plays unfair or bad hockey and only your team plays the immaculate perfect unreproachable style. Same refrain as against every other team.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Not even trailing in the game yet. Already whining about how the other team plays unfair or bad hockey and only your team plays the immaculate perfect unreproachable style. Same refrain as against every other team.
Sorry, obstruction ruins the game. I complain about it no matter who is playing.

We have been through this multiple times, I'm not engaging in what will only end in more words put in my mouth and strawman hyperbole.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
pens fans lol.

god i hate the coaches challenge.

if this is called back then i cant even
Shouldn't have been challenged (there was contact, but didn't interfere with save attempt), but...the review system, as we have talked about before, seems to be a roulette wheel. Coaches will challenge anything remotely close, because there is always a chance it turns out positive for them.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
pens fans lol.

god i hate the coaches challenge.

if this is called back then i cant even
Shouldn't have been challenged (there was contact, but didn't interfere with save attempt), but...the review system, as we have talked about before, seems to be a roulette wheel. Coaches will challenge anything remotely close, because there is always a chance it turns out positive for them.
i know. its so annoying. they should just have toronto auto review every goal.

they can be given 1 minute and thats it. if its good, then the puck drops and no one even knows, if its no good, then the ref makes an announcement and thats it.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Guentzel was hot the first 3 games this series, but is ice cold tonight. He's had 4 open nets right on the doorstep, and while one ended with Josi and Rinne making a great comeback on it, the other 3 are pretty hard to swallow in a game this big. He's going to be a very good player for years to come, but he can't whiff on all these.

Malkin hits the post on a wraparound where he had a hole. Bah, not their night.

--So many turnovers.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
There is no way Pittsburgh dresses Ron Hainsey for game 5...is there?
He's fucking terrible but so is Streit so who knows.
also Maatta again, pretty much directly responsible for Nashvilles first goal
Speaking of Maatta, anyone got any Pens icons I could have?

[URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/huskertornado.447870/']@HuskerTornado[/URL] [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/phantompenguin.67503/']@phantompenguin[/URL].

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
I haven't made any player ones in a while. Here are some, unless you were looking for new ones?
23l1idl.jpg
k4w4kx.jpg
2h3bret.jpg
2qa4ahj.jpg

a shame Maatta kind of stinks now, because he had some great icon moments
14muqe1.jpg

Last edited:

KingShmeag

Jurassic Park
Feb 7, 2009
404 Not Found
And when they announce Pittsburghs starting lineup they chant 'SUCKS' after every name is called lol, then they announce the head coach and everyone goes 'HE SUCKS TOO!'

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
I do have to say I get a chuckle about how much everyone is loving every second in Nashville, when it basically sounds like my personal definition of hell :laugh:

My definition of hell would have them being basketball-crazy though, so the fact the city is fully adopting the Predators is a massive plus, but still...few things annoy me more than country music and drunken rednecks.

As for the Pens defense...Ruhwedel is better than Hainsey, even if he's just a pedestrian #6/7. Streit...probably just as bad as Hainsey at this stage.

Määttä is infuriating, but he still makes some good plays...he has to be better for the Pens to win, but I don't know how you can take him out of the line-up for an inherently lesser player...Hainsey is just an outright liability every time he's on the ice.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown

Ok, so it was Bryan Rust who made "the save" the other night...interesting.

--Also, when did Darren Dreger become Eklund Jr? He claimed yesterday that Letang could return this series.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
I do have to say I get a chuckle about how much everyone is loving every second in Nashville, when it basically sounds like my personal definition of hell :laugh:

My definition of hell would have them being basketball-crazy though, so the fact the city is fully adopting the Predators is a massive plus, but still...few things annoy me more than country music and drunken rednecks.

As for the Pens defense...Ruhwedel is better than Hainsey, even if he's just a pedestrian #6/7. Streit...probably just as bad as Hainsey at this stage.

Määttä is infuriating, but he still makes some good plays...he has to be better for the Pens to win, but I don't know how you can take him out of the line-up for an inherently lesser player...Hainsey is just an outright liability every time he's on the ice.
Don't forget about Derrick Pouli... [face_frustrated] thanks Ray.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I'm enjoying Nashville right now because it reminds me of the college atmosphere (UML does almost all the chants Nashville does) and it's just the fact that over 50,000 people tried watching the game outside of the Bridgestone Arena just shows how much the city has adopted the game.

When I was at King's Island two weeks ago I was talking with a Preds fan from Nashville who was so happy the Preds were in the Cup finals and really got into it.

I'm happy for those guys, truly am.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles

Don't forget about Derrick Pouli... [face_frustrated] thanks Ray.

Infuriating that he can't even be considered an option at this stage of his career. Hainsey is 15 time the player Pouliot is, and that's just incredibly sad. Such an awful pick with who was on the board at the time, and time has only beaten it with a stick. On the bright side those 3rd round picks are looking a slight bit better...

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
this thread is much improved without your stream of consciousness BS, husker, eg:

What a bizarre game.

Pittsburgh couldn't win a faceoff to save their lives.

Oh...Bonino takes a puck to the inside of the ankle...not good.

Maatta brutal again tonight. Yikes.

Still open season on Murray.

Line 2 just woke up.

Probably coming back.

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
ya thats pretty normal. just seems weird since this board is a graveyard.

like who's the most recent "new person" to really join in here lol. was it ben?

i still consider myself new and ive been here for years

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
No changes to defensive personnel for Pittsburgh tonight. More of this coming

--Bonino also still out. I wonder if there is a break.

Last edited: