tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah, you're the newest 'regular'. Sad. I think BlackMolly wasn't very long before you.

If that first minute Crosby play had actually gone in rather than post, that would have been a highlight reel staple for decades.

Last edited:

twisted_time48

No Longer a Noob
Oct 30, 2010
ya thats pretty normal. just seems weird since this board is a graveyard.

like who's the most recent "new person" to really join in here lol. was it ben?

i still consider myself new and ive been here for years
I consider myself new as well and next year will be my fourth Champs and I joined the board the year before that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
This reminds me of Devils-Ducks 2003. Each team won its home games, so the Devils won in 7, with a 3-goal margin of victory in all four home games. Playoff MVP was still the losing team's goalie, despite him looking awful in the four cup final losses. Might happen again.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Sid would have the edge for me, he's been much more consistently good and was the bigger factor in both Game 7s, but it's still close enough that Geno could still win...or Guentzel if he gets a hat trick in a 3-2 Game 6 win or something. Rinne ain't winning this without the Preds winning considering he's laid 3 duds in the Final.

If the Penguins win, of course. 2009 Game 5. 5-0 Detroit in Detroit. This series ain't over, not even close.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
This reminds me of Devils-Ducks 2003. Each team won its home games, so the Devils won in 7, with a 3-goal margin of victory in all four home games. Playoff MVP was still the losing team's goalie, despite him looking awful in the four cup final losses. Might happen again.

Reminds me of the Bruins-Canucks 6 years ago. Each team winning their perspective home games until Game 7. Could happen here

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004
Sid would have the edge for me, he's been much more consistently good and was the bigger factor in both Game 7s

I agree, except for me it's not even close. watching these playoffs, Sid has firmly established himself as still the unquestionable best player in the world. I'm not going to defend some of his antics, and honestly the way he carries himself on the ice sometimes really rubs me the wrong way, but holy shit he's been stepping up

KingShmeag

Jurassic Park
Feb 7, 2009
404 Not Found
Sid would have the edge for me, he's been much more consistently good and was the bigger factor in both Game 7s

I agree, except for me it's not even close. watching these playoffs, Sid has firmly established himself as still the unquestionable best player in the world. I'm not going to defend some of his antics, and honestly the way he carries himself on the ice sometimes really rubs me the wrong way, but holy shit he's been stepping up
it took these playoffs for you to realize Sid is the best?

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
There are still people who contest whether or not he's even the best on his team. Even some fans of his team.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
There are still people who contest whether or not he's even the best on his team. Even some fans of his team.
One of the more annoying aspects of being a Pens fan is hearing this crap from other Pens fans. Of course, the same is said about Geno just as much if not more though.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
The same brand of fans that listen to Mark Madden and hate Matt Murray for not being a doofy gigglepuss.

The dumbest fans of any given team are always the loudest.

tmg.exe

(NOT)
Aug 31, 2001
If the Internet existed in the mid to late 80s, would there have been a loud and vocal contingent of "Messier>Gretzky" posters?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
If the Internet existed in the mid to late 80s, would there have been a loud and vocal contingent of "Messier>Gretzky" posters?
you arent comparing those two to malkin and crosby are you.. messier was good but i mean gretzky was gretzky.

malkin and crosby arent that far off. malkin is more skilled, crosby is smarter and a better leader

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Yes? Hot takes aren't a new thing, but the internet basically lets everyone have a voice, regardless if they should amplify it or not. You know someone out there would take Messier's physicality and try to turn it into him being a more 'complete' player.

The fact that we live in a hot take culture anymore doesn't help, either. A well-articulated point of view doesn't draw half as many clicks as saying something as stupid as 'Legacies on the Line for Sidney Crosby & Evgeni Malkin' does.

Regardless Sid & Geno are a million times closer together than Gretzky & Messier were. Geno's best is better than Sid's best; but Sid's average is better than Geno's average. There's still bound to be someone who would loudly make that idiotic statement about Gretzky...I mean, I know people who think Jagr has a better legacy in Pittsburgh than Mario.

The old joke is true...opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
The same brand of fans that listen to Mark Madden and hate Matt Murray for not being a doofy gigglepuss.

I think Madden has moved on from Fleury now, he lost it on DK last week over his article about Sullivan needing to go back to Fleury for Game 5.

Baby_King_Bob

No Longer a Noob
Jan 14, 2004

it took these playoffs for you to realize Sid is the best?

no, but since the last concussion there's plenty of people who think he's not the player he used to be.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face

I think Madden has moved on from Fleury now, he lost it on DK last week over his article about Sullivan needing to go back to Fleury for Game 5.
Madden's one of the few hockey people in Pittsburgh that actually seems to know what he's talking about the majority of the time. Absolutely no one on The Fan knows what they're talking about, DK is an idiot, Rossi is Rossi, Yohe is almost equally as bad as Rossi, Mollinari is ok but he's more of a day in, day out type of news guy, doesn't really opine much. Outside of those guys, you have the bloggers and the majority of them are pretty bad as well.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
Not sure how the ref blew the whistle there. If Murray moves like he doesn't have the puck, guarantee you ref doesn't blow the whistle and it's 1-0 Nashville right now.

phantompenguin.

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2009
Los Angeles
Refs blow a call and then ref the rest of the period to make up for it.

This is Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final and this is the reffing we get. I'd say astonishing, if it wasn't inevitable.

Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
its not one sided at all. the ref literally stole a goal from nashville and then called a somewhat questionable call and then didnt call a penalty on rinne.

Jun 27, 2002
Daley punched him in the face. And the tripping call was knee to knee tripping. Blame Pittsburgh for playing undisciplined

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
And Sid was hauled down behind the net at the end of the first, and then Rinne came out of the crease to interfere Hagelin on the wrap around and then the weak ass "tripping" on Sheary....

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
its not one sided at all. the ref literally stole a goal from nashville and then called a somewhat questionable call and then didnt call a penalty on rinne.
And the trip moments ago where Daley ended up hitting face first on the ice.
and dozens of interference penalties, and a couple of boardings, and, and, and...

Games should be called consistently, down the line. With no accounting for game situation, score, previous calls, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2005
Montreal
Thank god i dont have to listen to habs fans talk about how we woulda won if Bergevin hadnt of traded PK.

gg pens.

subban being the reason for the last goal is just icing on the cake too lol