Re: battlefront 2

by VetteC5RX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

battlefront 2

★★★ Novice

why did you decide to completely abandon battlefront 2 when it was getting so freaking good? 

Message 1 of 13 (7,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @Coursaire2 

While the road to making a fun Battlefront was long and involved several updates, our team felt the vision they wanted for Battlefield 2 was finally achieved. If you want to know more on the team's thoughts they shared them here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (7,140 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Coursaire2 

While the road to making a fun Battlefront was long and involved several updates, our team felt the vision they wanted for Battlefield 2 was finally achieved. If you want to know more on the team's thoughts they shared them here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 13 (7,141 Views)

★ Pro

Yeah it's sad that EA abandoned Battlefront II before support was cut.

And EA now turned down Battlefront III due to licensing costs. 

What a shame honestly for a company like this to not deliver what fans most wanted.

I guess it's better now than an another company will produce the next Battlefront game instead of DICE and EA.

Message 3 of 13 (7,070 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Coursaire2  The Devs vision for this game must have included cataracts because it’s pretty poor.

This game had a lot more promise mid-life. Although there was less content at that time the logic of the gameplay and the mechanics were FAR better than what they are now. 

While the single player campaigns are spot on and excellent; All of the multiplayer modes of this game are so clumsy most fans play not because it’s good but because we’re loyal to the SW franchise. 

The Devs had a history of not listening to the community. When many of us fought HARD to get them to fix a major logic issue with blocking & dodge in saber combat it was such an uphill battle to get them to understand. It became clear that their ideas for how to balance open world gameplay were lackluster. 

the current, poor, state of BF 2 lead EA to end up giving it away at end of life and contributed to very poor buy rate for Squadrons. 

Look, 10 year old Skyrim just released an “Anniversary Edition” which was basically a mod pack for $20 and people are buying it but BF 2 had to basically be given away. That’s not exactly the mark of success and if DICE ever wanted to try and regain any reputation as a solid studio they’d at, the very least (now that 2042 is released) commit a couple of Devs to outreach to the BF 2 community in an effort to identify and fix the few most priority issues with this title. At least let their SW contract end on a note of redemption rather than this. 

Message 4 of 13 (7,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Now the game is almost unplayable.  You get in to multiplayer modes and half the time no one can die.  So sad. 

Message 5 of 13 (6,793 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium When are you guys going to fix the lobby there seems to be a bug where people can not die in game anymore, whether they are bots or not? Don't sell a game to the public that is unplayable if you can not maintain the intergrity of the game.
Message 6 of 13 (6,560 Views)

★ Apprentice

It simply goes like this July 2018 LAWSUITS with loot box bans, they were hoping they could add an addictive lootbox gambling feature into starwars that wasn't quite gambling but obviously was so they invested all this capital into the game for future updates (takes years behind scenes to DLC) but as the behind the scenes updates were compiling in amount so were the 2019 LAWSUITS, i believe the nation of Germany were the first to file lawsuits & bans followed closely behind by the UK and the swedes were getting ready to lawsuit them too. So instead of making a ton on the microtransaction gambling roadmap they were instead faced with a roadmap of lawsuits & profit loss from kids addiction loot box plans.

So what the company did was surprisingly still released all the updates then abandoned moderating and maintaining the services, you better believe if they were making a billion dollar operation of gambling microtransactions as they had planned these service would be up to scratch instead of the mess fans are facing at the end of 2021. To summarize it EA sucks and everyone should boycott any future titles they have planned including bf6, not creating games for fans any longer. good riddance EA your consumer base despises you.

Message 7 of 13 (6,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The final version is GREAT, but it may as well be garbage, every game is 1hp hacked. You didn't take a road and see it through, it feels more like you cut-corners then pulled over and said "F&$K IT THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH, I GUESS..." The updates are not done, you need to do more, the game is unplayable. The game is GREAT, but your team's thoughts mean NOTHING if you let hackers glitch the game into oblivion. PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME, IT IS AN AMAZING PIECE OF WORK THAT PEOPLE ARE SH!**!%G ON and it makes me want to PUKE!

Message 8 of 13 (6,342 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

They can't develop it forever, however the state in which it was left was awful.  It's no longer playable multiplayer.

Message 9 of 13 (6,253 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Multiplayer feels scripted at this point. there's def an algorithim helping weak players. At the same time the same laggers seem to win every match. Tired of this. 

Message 10 of 13 (6,148 Views)