Re: (Steam) Game won't Launch

by chochochoclokill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(Steam) Game won't Launch

★★ Novice

I am trying to play DAI for the first time but the game won't launch, the "Play" button changes to "Stop" for a few seconds and opens and closes EA Desktop, then goes back to "Play" but nothing else happens, no game no launch screen, not even a black screen or a change in the task manager.

My PC is above the recommended specs, and I have tried every solution I could find online:

• All drivers are up to date and all Windows 11 Updates are installed.
  • I've disabled my anti-virus (ESET) and made DAI  an exclusion.
  • Run the game and/or Steam and/or EA Desktop as an admin.
  • Run in ALL compatibility modes (Vista, 7 and 8)
  • Disabled full screen.
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled both the game AND EA desktop
  • Cleared EA Desktop cache.
  • Verified game file integrity.
  • Turned off all in-game overlays (EA Desktop, Steam and Nvidia)
  • Tried running on a clean boot.
  • Reinstalling the DirectX and VC Redist

Please can anyone help me please? I have just finished Dragon age Origins and Dragon Age II for the first time and I really want to play Inquisition now.

Message 1 of 6 (8,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Hey, not sure how this works if it goes through Steam, but what worked for me what user Gahnja posted here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Steam-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-won-t-launch-with-EA-a...

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (8,162 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Hey, not sure how this works if it goes through Steam, but what worked for me what user Gahnja posted here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Steam-Dragon-Age-Inquisition-won-t-launch-with-EA-a...

Message 2 of 6 (8,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kingnicthe1st Same problem here, did you find any solutions?
Message 3 of 6 (5,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

guys it's very easy, you just have to run the game in compatibility of mode windows 7 and check to run it as an administrator... 😁 

Message 4 of 6 (2,872 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope. I've been trying for OVER A YEAR and this was one of my first attempts to fix it. Still no solution for both DAI and MEA.

Message 5 of 6 (2,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you tried disabling the shields of the antivirus?, it worked for me, and running in compatibility mode for W7

Message 6 of 6 (919 Views)