Re: Leak EA plans to produce an another Battlefield game instead of Battlefront

by Player55

Original Post

Leak EA plans to produce an another Battlefield game instead of Battlefront III

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

https://twitter.com/_Tom_Henderson_/status/1458155070638465028

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/star-wars-battlefront-3-release-update-bad-news/

As always, take it with a grain of salt.

Keep in mind that this might change but I doubt that one very much considering how the Battlefront series performed poorly and EA wants now full focus on the Battlefield franchise.

If it's true, then it means that Battlefront III won't come any time soon but an another Battlefield game will instead.

RIP Battlefront III. Maybe we will see you in the future by an another company...

Message 1 of 24 (2,204 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Well it is a Disney game, not an EA game and they lost exclusive rights to Star Wars. It's up to Disney if another Battlefront gets made and who develops it.

Message 2 of 24 (2,146 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think they have probably lost the license because Star Wars is not a game you just put off lool in favour of another battlefield game.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you hear next year another publisher has the rights to the game

Message 3 of 24 (2,144 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Player55 That sucks! I have actually been enjoying SWBFII again, and I would be excited to see a 3rd installment.

It looks as though lessons were learned, with the last one, so things would probably be a lot smoother, and well-received, this time around.
Message 4 of 24 (2,142 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yep battlefront 2 turned out to be a very good game and far superior to battlefield v

Message 5 of 24 (2,136 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@emerson1975 

Exactly as you say, I won't be surprised either that an another company will produce the next Battlefront game. They had two chances and they have failed. It's for the best actually and for the good of the fans that the next Battlefront game won't be made by EA this time around.

Still, I will be looking forward to what is the next Battlefield game.

Message 6 of 24 (2,128 Views)

★★★★ Pro

EA had a 10 year license that will be up in 2023 so it’s more or less nailed on battlefront 2 was their last game.

I bet Disney will probably get some devs to make the game under the Disney name.

Message 7 of 24 (2,110 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Player55 

​That's great news if true! I never really cared for DICE's take on the Star Wars titles, but that's mainly to do with how linear the games were compared to the originals (I looked at old gameplay from the real first Battlefront and you could jump in and out of vehicles, go into space just wow).

Also never liked how DICE would use some of the Battlefront elements in the Battlefield series from thereon after. Like Battlefield 5 LMG was like a spitting image of heavy class from Battlefront 2 or something (people with the shield that couldn't ADS).

So yeah good news if true (my opinion).
Message 8 of 24 (2,072 Views)

★ Pro

@Popa2caps It is indeed great news and of course it is because it's for the best for the Star Wars fans in general. Now, we will have a chance in the future( I hope so with all my heart) to have a great Battlefront game made by a serious company who actually cares about the fans in general and will deliver the best the future company can do to the fans with new content from the Skywalker Saga, the TV shows and the Old Republic and so on...

Message 9 of 24 (2,035 Views)

★★★ Guide

The need to make BC3 already and finish the Alaskan Campaign 😁

Message 10 of 24 (1,915 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help