Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
Make sure your turbo isn't a bypass setup. BOVs hurt the engine on my car because the turbo is not designed to vent to atmosphere. Big talk in the forums about being the worst mod to install.
the 2.7s are routed back to the intake, but plugging the tube to convert it to VTA doesn't seem to cause an issue. Least according to the f150 owners that have done it.
Its a simple matter off removing a tube and plugging it, so if I dont like it I can just put it back in.

Also, I really miss having a V8... These 2.7s sound like garbage.

blinkz0rz

Don't forget to bring a towel.
Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
the 2.7s are routed back to the intake, but plugging the tube to convert it to VTA doesn't seem to cause an issue. Least according to the f150 owners that have done it.
Its a simple matter off removing a tube and plugging it, so if I dont like it I can just put it back in.

Also, I really miss having a V8... These 2.7s sound like garbage.
Yeah, sounds like a try hard VW TDI.

Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
Yeah, sounds like a try hard VW TDI.
It's embarrassing as fuck if I'm next to a wall or going through a drive thru. I'm actually looking into ways to quieting the engine bay down.

Back to turbos, what's your opinion of turbo blankets, or as I call em "snuggies"?
I've been loosely toying with the idea of getting some for mine as a means to control the engine bay temps rather than "performance".

The cheapest I found so far is $120 just for one.... Seems far from being worth it to me.

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
It's embarrassing as fuck if I'm next to a wall or going through a drive thru. I'm actually looking into ways to quieting the engine bay down.

Back to turbos, what's your opinion of turbo blankets, or as I call em "snuggies"?

I've been loosely toying with the idea of getting some for mine as a means to control the engine bay temps rather than "performance".

The cheapest I found so far is $120 just for one.... Seems far from being worth it to me.
Oh yeah, lava blankets. They are great for racing applications, and would help create a barrier shield to not burn the hands of by chance they are touched.

But really are useless outside of racing, unless you spool the turbo often in daily driving. Myself, I barely get on it so the only engine temps are caused by the exhaust and not the turbo.

An intercooler upgrade would help keep the turbo cooler more so. Look into bigger charge pipes to replace the stock tubes.

Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
Oh yeah, lava blankets. They are great for racing applications, and would help create a barrier shield to not burn the hands of by chance they are touched.

But really are useless outside of racing, unless you spool the turbo often in daily driving. Myself, I barely get on it so the only engine temps are caused by the exhaust and not the turbo.

An intercooler upgrade would help keep the turbo cooler more so. Look into bigger charge pipes to replace the stock tubes.
Hm, good to know thanks,

The pipe kits seem to be a bit costly too, $240 yikes. Well, hopefully once I get money rolling in I can turn my truck into a partial sleeper.

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
Hm, good to know thanks,

The pipe kits seem to be a bit costly too, $240 yikes. Well, hopefully once I get money rolling in I can turn my truck into a partial sleeper.
Stimmy money is coming this week!

Hey btw, wanna attend a car show in August? It's a 2 day show at Starved Rock, my neighborhood. Hope to have the RR running in time, otherwise the Si will be in appearance.

Attachments

• 12986.jpeg
    12986.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 82

Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
Stimmy money is coming this week!

Hey btw, wanna attend a car show in August? It's a 2 day show at Starved Rock, my neighborhood. Hope to have the RR running in time, otherwise the Si will be in appearance.
Oh shiit, that'd be awesome to go.

It's unlikely I would, but I'll definitely keep my eyes open and see if I can make it over there.

CharlieWex

Noob
Mar 17, 2021
I drive a toyota corolla 2020 SE, it is the best car I have ever had.I drive a toyota corolla 2020 SE, it is the best car I have ever had.выфв

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
2016 rogue. first 2 years since i owned it. 2k worth of gas saving compare to old suv.

Apr 16, 2021
Recently I was fired from my job and I decided to do something for now, which I had been putting off for many years. My wife is into handicraft and DIY and has tried many times to get me involved. So we bought her a new sewing machine, a new embossing machine (we found it here), and since last Monday she has been teaching me needlework.
But this is a trifle! Because I can finally make time for this car! This is my father's first car. He loved this buick so much that he couldn't sell it and left it in the garage. He looked after it, but when he bought a second car, the time for the first became much less. And I have been postponing any business related to the car for a long time because I understand that it will be for a long time. But finally, there is free time!
A19-CCDE5-A76-E-43-FE-8-AEC-0-FA2531-DE6-C9.jpg
950-C2-E61-73-E4-4-D38-90-F4-9-CF8095-BB3-AA.jpg

japekto

Star
Jan 13, 2018
For awhile there, I thought that was the car featured in one of Scotty Kilmer's recent YT episodes. That was a Chrysler though.

atomic_chitty

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 21, 2021
2018 cr-v.

almost bought a 2018 challenger rt last week but it had an autostick and i couldn't get a read on how damaged the 350 v8 was as a result of the mds so i passed.

hoping to order a 2022 rt/scat with a 6-speed whenever dodge starts taking orders.

5CHiZO

Noob
Aug 25, 2021
why? just asking

Ford Ranger has a history of holding up well and if Ford did their job right, so should the new Ranger. Chevrolet had the S10 and Blazer which last for decades. Ranger is a little less money than a F150. If you want all the specialty options, go Ranger. If you just want a standard all-purpose utility truck F150.

dogwitch

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2013
Ford Ranger has a history of holding up well and if Ford did their job right, so should the new Ranger. Chevrolet had the S10 and Blazer which last for decades. Ranger is a little less money than a F150. If you want all the specialty options, go Ranger. If you just want a standard all-purpose utility truck F150.
ah ok.

Chevalier_Schiff

Rehinged
Aug 2, 2007
why? just asking
Don't need or want my current F150, Rides like shit and just not comfortable to drive. My new ranger isn't costing me that much more, and it's gonna be brand new.

My F150 was used when purchased(47k miles) and out the door was $32,400
The Ranger will be brand new, out the door at $34,000 and some change(after 3k equity roll over)

They need to make a Raptor version.
Well, they do have em bu just not in the states yet.

Anyway, should be a few months til it arrives, but this is basically it's twin:
stx012.JPG

Mines only rear wheel drive cause ford wants $4,000 for 4WD so they can kiss my ass...

RocketGuy3

Respect my fresh
Aug 8, 2002
In case any OGs who remember me stumble upon this, here's my most recent purchase: 2021 Mach 1 (ordered in August 2021, took delivery in Feb 2022). Her name is Daisy, and here she is next to Midna (2016 Cayman GT4 I've had for a while). Both manuals after years of me defending slushboxes and DCTs to the death on these boards:

X5v1fO8.jpg

yAhsppS.jpg

Last edited: