Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2009
I'm going to continue hoping this film will be an improvement over more recent installments (which shouldn't be too hard to do) but what the costumes look like is far from being my top concern.

Oct 19, 2010
i dont know whats so hard abut giving marvel fans what they want!!! he looks stupid without his costume! WE JUST WANT THE COMICS TO COME TO LIFE RIGHT OUT OF THE COMIC BOOKS...THEY SHUDNT BRING THE COMICS TO US THEY SHUD PUT US IN THE COMIC BOOKS!! THAT WHAT WE "WANT"

Oct 19, 2010
IM GONNA BE MAD IF THIS SUCKS!!! YOU KNOW WHO I COULD SEE PLAYING CYCLOPS? BRADD PITT...I HOPE THEY DONT TURN THIS INTO "SMALL VILLE" THO

SMroxs

Noob
Dec 27, 2003
Those costumes are "hardly in the movie", so the make good photo Vaughn releases is ANOTHER shot of Magneto wearing it? It still looks ugly, sorry. And if the main cosutmes are "like these cool 60's James Bond..." what does that mean? Show me those! Restore some faith.

Apr 12, 2010
Is there anyone else out there who doesn't want to see random leaked images or on set photos? Personally I want a trailer, and I'm quite happy to wait.

LukeyHew

Noob
Jan 19, 2011
To put are mind at ease about the new costumes he releases a shot of magneto in a stupid looking helmet that appears to be a size big. Real let down here.
Why doesn't he release a photo of the main costumes he talked about and get the fans back on his side?

jachael

Noob
Feb 20, 2010
One has to wonder why they aren't publicizing this more. It's around 6 months away.....time to start posting some stuff around the web, show a teaser on TV maybe. Makes me wonder if it is bad and they know it, so they are keeping it hidden and letting it run on name alone.

Lunaar7

Noob
Jan 21, 2011
Some of you guys need to shut up. The helment is perfect. Its not a cowl like the last magnetos helmet was. And of course, you see this must be the part where Erik and Professor, part ways. This is where the helmet comes in. Stop complaining, its perfect.

w0nderboy3

No Longer a Noob
Sep 23, 2005
@XMENS-GAMBIT

because bringing comics to life is hard, Im sorry but you have a beast like wolverine running around in bright yellow tights it's going to look stupid. It's going to look like the old batman show, because thats all their costumes were, cloth. Spider-man would look like he did in his live action show (no t he movie one doesn't count because that doesn't look like a teenager sewed it together in his bedroom) everything would just look stupid and out of place. It would basically be cosplay but with people who aren't ugly. If you guy s are ifne with that then so be it, but sometimes the original costumes won't work.

I for one don't want to see electro looking like a s un flower on the big screen when the time comes.

w0nderboy3

No Longer a Noob
Sep 23, 2005
@legacyofdarkness

The same way Scott his his ruby glasses before he even met the professor.

gedec05

Noob
Mar 19, 2003
official leaked pic looks ghey. Sorry, but I think Singer was in the right direction when he made x-men. To me it's like seeing the dark knight with the old blue cloth of the 60's. meh, i hope i'm wrong, i like the x-men.

i.abstract

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 31, 2001
Meh, so bored with this X-Men stuff and comic book crap in general. Outside of Dark Knight Rises, which of these comic book-based movies actually looks good? Sipder-man? Nope. Avengers? Nope. Thor? Hell no. Sigh. I suppose it's either that or endless remakes and reboots, though, since Hollywood is completely devoid of ideas...

Jan 21, 2011
X-men movies are so boring,them wasted everything.Comics is a lot better.

Another movie piece of shit and

Counting[face_love]-men,x-men 2,x-men 3,spider-man 3,wolwerine,hulk,Blade III,fantastic-4 II...

LB1984

Noob
Nov 3, 2009
There is so much potential to make a good X-Men movie, and I don't see why after 4 tries.... they are still f***ing it up. Why make it about the first X-Men team, when it's not about the first X-Men team!! the roster is completely screwed up. Why in the hell is Mystique in this?? The only original I see in that photo is beast. I have not heard one person say they are looking forward to this. They should of just made this an X-Men reboot, and start over from the beginning with Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, and Iceman on the team. IF that was the case, it might be ok. It's like making an Avengers movie without Cap, Iron Man, Hulk or Thor. IDIOTS.
Plus, this is coming out at a time where it will get crushed by all the other summer movies. It's gonna have to compete with Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America, and Spiderman. NOT HAPPENING.

SCSAFan

Noob
Aug 15, 2008
@ JediMasterGabe

Oh I understand what you are saying & what you were commenting on, but if you're going to talk about DC failures, then you might as well talk about DC Success. DC's success is still pretty damn good even if you don't count Batman Begins & TDK, but when you add BB & TDK to the rest of DC's success, without question their success outweights their failures.

benmaney1

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 8, 2009
These pics look AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie is going to bomb, and because of that, a good X-Men movie will probably never be made. How can you have an X-Men movie without Cyclops and Jean Grey? They have only been there since the beggining. Totally screwed this franchise up.

Dec 18, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
He looks a little silly and by no means am I dismissing this movie or is going to be bad based soley on the look of the costumes I'm actually still looking forward to I'm just not sold on the costumes but if the movies turns out to be any good I'll definitely be a happy camper. Hell! The costumes used in Watchmen was ridiculous but I still enjoyed it. Comic book fans should know by now that they're never gonna really just make live action adaptation of the comics word for word or look for look everything has to have some sort of realism thrown into to translate to the real world somewhat. So to all the comic book nerds out there if you're looking for the movie to an exact replica of the comics then stick with reading the comics.

Aug 23, 2008
the helmet does look a bit like a toy. a sophisticated character such as magneto deserves a bit more refinement. and someone give the man a damn cape already. i can't see that helmet working without a grandoise cloak to complement. i think the magneto helmet in past movies had the right approach - sleek.

i still think this movie has two solid leads and a competent helmsman in vaughn. the main ingredients appear to be right, at least. potential is high.

baloo04

Noob
May 15, 2008
Vaughn's response has finally won me over. X2 and 3 ruined my ability to get excited about X-Men movies, let alone Wolverine, but this comment..."I'm trying to make them whole again..." That's exactly what I want to hear. Mr. Vaughn, I'm in.

baloo04

Noob
May 15, 2008
Just read some other people's comments..."Magneto deserves a bit more refinement...someone give the man a cape already!"

heh.

C

Counterfeitmanjako

Original poster
@baloo04--the fact that you didn't like X-men 2 nullifies any comment you make.

Feb 4, 2010
seriously its not a remake its a prequel like wolverine is speaking of which when does x-men four going to come out i hear 2013 sometime

gtthug2000

Noob
Oct 1, 2000
it dont matter, this movie is shit. I hope it lose money for this stupid prequel. It dont have the original xmen. I hope marvel and disney finds some new legal rights to sue this company to make another shitty xmen movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.