Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2010
Please tell me why you would advertise a picture of a X-Men movie with a cheesy helmet that is not even put on straight on the actor's head? My expectations keep lowering and lowering. By the time it comes out, I'll be like "meh".

Dec 6, 2010
I never liked the Xmen movies and this looks like the worse of them all. He looks retarded in the helmet and cant even put it on straight.

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
@NobleZeroReach: Yea I have much more faith in DC with their perfect track record of movies that include Superman 3, Superman 4, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever, and the upcoming Green Lantern that uses CGI from the 90s. Yea DC all the way...

SCSAFan

Noob
Aug 15, 2008
This movie should've never been attempted to make or better yet they should've hired Bryan Singer to do it, so far every X-Men film without Bryan Singer at the helm has blown massive chunks, this movie will be no different.

Dec 6, 2010
Who said anything about DC movies being amazing? The Dark Knight was pretty much the only good one. Even Batman Begins was dissapointing.

SCSAFan

Noob
Aug 15, 2008
@ JediMasterGabe

I love how you ignore DC's success, such as SuperMan:The Movie, SuperMan II, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight....so I think their success outweights their failures.

Jul 19, 2005
The helmet and costume suit doesn't look right together... They should've ditch the helmet, or gone with a better costume suit design.

blind59

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
So Magneto wore black and yellow back in the day of early comics? Explains the lack of purple

May 18, 2009
Looking forward to this one even less than all the movies that came before it. Get someone that knows the x-men universe that can give it some credit.

Shaanyboi

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 4, 2005
The guy directed Kick-Ass and Layercake. With those on his resume, I'm sure this will turn out fine.

RobGrizzly

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 14, 2008
I have been VERY vocal about my feelings on this movie. But I have to say, this image is
FOCKIN' SWEET!
Like medicine, I'm feeling a little better now.

May 28, 2008
I'd rather have a comic-accurate reboot of the series rather than continue. We may have a good director on board, but this series has gotten so off track that prequels have to basically be made up on the spot in order to come close to being relevant. Either stop with the prequels and move on to 4 (Apocalypse would be sweet) or reboot the series with the REAL original team.

k.k.slider25

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 5, 2007
Wasn't the helmet new in the first x-men movie? I guess they can say it was made out of a new material or something. Personally I think it would've been cooler to start MAgs out w/o the helmet, but it still looks cool.

Lordd_G

No Longer a Noob
Mar 27, 2002
Why does it look like his head and helmet are TOO BIG for that body? Looks like Dark Helmet from Spaceballs, proportion-wise. And he has girl hands.

Army_0183

Armageddon
Aug 22, 2001
Ohh my gosh... I didn't think anything could look worse than Captain America. I was wrong. That helmet looks horrible...

JediMasterGabe

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2010
@SCSAFan: First of all even though I love Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I dont think DC's success outweights their failures. Second of all the person I was replying to said he lost faith in Marvel after a few bad Xmen movies, so I was pointing out how easy it would have been to lose faith in DC after that list of terrible movies they made.

Pepe9292

Noob
Jan 18, 2011
So excited for this film. I understand Havok and Darwin are both featuring somewhere (according to online whispers) and that Nicholas Hoult is playing big blue Hank.

Also, for those who think this shot makes the film look "cartoony" let's remember that X-men started out in comics and progressed into cartoon long before it became a film. If anything, being "cartoony" and costume accurate will make this a successful hero movie. I was always slightly disappointed that the original costumes weren't included in the live action films.

BOS27

Noob
Sep 24, 2010
The Helmet itself doesn't actually look bad, it's just too big for dudes head...which in turn makes it look bad.

Hurdyb1

Hip Hop Shinobi
Jun 9, 2003
I'm holding judgement until I actually see the movie. I'm optimistic with what I have seen so far.

adbv2.0

Noob
Jul 16, 2010
I think its important to look at things from the perspective of the era in which the movie is set. Sure that helmet looks lame now but in the 60's people would have freaked out over how cool it looks.

GotChewZ

Noob
Sep 21, 2008
Somehow it went from worse to bad. And there is still a long way ahead until it reaches something similar to good.

Maybe if they would release a trailer already, we could know for sure if this movie is going to be a major flop or not.

Miz3k

Noob
Nov 16, 2010
Like the Magneto pic Vaughn released looks any better than the group pic. This looks so bad. And it sounds like the director didn't realize just how bad until the fans flipped out and now he's trying to play it off. The final costumes the team wears should be an improvement over their earlier costumes, you don't downgrade to lame costumes and ditch " cool 60's James Bond" attire(which doesn't sound great either). I got an idea, admit you squeezed out a flaming stinker Mr. Vaughn, don't make excuses, don't pass the blame to someone else. Just finish, wipe, and wait for the critics and fans to destroy your career.

xavier_nj

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 12, 2007
I usually hate when people criticize a movie without seeing it but I'm just can't help but say I can't believe I'm not looking forward to this movie, especially being a big X-man fan. The whole concept of this movie is wrong. I hope this movie blows at the box of office so somebody can one day make a decent X-men movie.

Apr 27, 2009
Looking at this travesty, I can only assume that there's going to be a reboot in the near future. Which I'm down for since I'm still wating for a proper movie adaptation of the series.

Teslascope

Noob
Jan 8, 2011
Me no like pictures of upcoming moving-picture-thing. Must mean moving-picture-thing will be stupid. Worst thing ever! Will in fact ruin my existence!!!

Or the movie could be great. A picture maybe worth a thousand words, but a movie 24 pictures per-second, so I'm not going to pass judgement until I see those other frames flash before my eyes in a movie theater. Or at least see a couple trailers.

But you can make whiny knee-jerk reactions if you want. It is the internet after all.

iso48

Noob
Jan 15, 2011
i never really thought the first xmen movies were really any good. only thing good that came out of them was Hugh Jackman's wolverine char. xmen i thinkn is a hard movie to make so many chars and powers and things going on. hopefully this ends up being a decent movie. doesnt have to be like the dark knight as far as quality but at least a good movie to watch.

May 2, 2009
This is not the First Class I know and hold dear. First generation maybe but even that doesnt hold true with the characters they have chosen. I wont be seeing this movie as it is something true X-Men fans would be proud of.

Jun 4, 2006
"I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."

How the hell can he say that and mess up the whole frekkin roster.... wtf, people. WTF?!

Jun 4, 2006
"I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."

How the hell can he say that and mess up the whole frekkin roster.... wtf, people. WTF?!

Jun 8, 2010
I think the director is very talented. I think Mcavoy and Fassbender are very talented actors who can bring a lot of passion to the characters they are playing, and I think the new Magneto helmet rocks. That being said I also thought the leaked photo was pretty underwhelming, and being a HUGE fan of the comics and cartoon, the choice of supporting characters was pretty disappointing. But I believe the story, not the faces and powers, will decide how great or awful this movie is (don't forget just because you get Gambit, Wolverine, and Deadpool in the same movie doesn't mean it'll be any good). I'm kind of on the fence right now, really need a trailer before I make up my mind, but I don't think anyone should be busting out the tar and feathers yet either.

Jun 5, 2010
Was that leaked photo supposed to make me less disappointed that it looks like "magneto" is wearing suspenders? Also the color scheme seems haphazardly thrown together. It might make sense in the context of the film. Maybe Magneto is initially wearing some kind of uniform that actually looks good on him, but dons the helmet which doesn't really "match" because it's something of his own design.

Yourinui

Noob
Sep 18, 2010
its a bad helmet doesnt look natural... needs to hide more of his face... and the nose is too pointy

MrZilch

No Longer a Noob
May 30, 2001
Wow, it really IS a throwback to the first X-Men movie -- nuthin' but people complaining about costumes. How quickly we forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.