Volvagia_slayer

Star
Jan 9, 2005
The robots are dumb. They run on magic crystals (this is why you rarely see well done scifi/ fantasy crossovers. Because even the Force in Star Wars was dumb when they explained it in the prequels)

1. The robots didn't run on magic crystals. Maybe they ran on magic in general, but the crystals just restored them to the age when they were running; they didn't provide the power to the robots themselves.

2. The prequels didn't explain the Force at all. I'm really not sure where the whole midichlorian thing got lost in translation, but it had nothing to do with explaining what the Force is. It just told us how people are able to use the Force. It was just a power level thing, not an attempt to explain the Force.

NintendoLea18

Happy Panda :3
Sep 17, 2007
England
The main thing that disappointed me so very much in SS was that you couldn't explore the past of each land, I was desperate to see Lanayru Desert in its glory days! But otherwise such an enjoyable (and heart racing at times) game.

Project_Rebirth

The Resolute
May 25, 2006
Don't worry guys, when the next game hits, people will love Skyward Sword! I'm ahead of the pack, cause I enjoyed the game in it's entirety...except for the part where I had to **spoilers**find the fish notes. And the desert part with the time crystals**/spoilers**...

Other than that, I liked it. A lot.

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Don't worry guys, when the next game hits, people will love Skyward Sword! I'm ahead of the pack, cause I enjoyed the game in it's entirety...except for the part where I had to **spoilers**find the fish notes. And the desert part with the time crystals**/spoilers**...

Other than that, I liked it. A lot.
Hmm. The timeshift stones were actually my favorite part of that game. Oh well.

And for what it's worth, I still think that Twilight Princess is meh. Might take another 3 games or so. [face_tongue]

Project_Rebirth

The Resolute
May 25, 2006
Well, three games it is, haha.

I like the idea of the timeshift stones, but...I hate hate haaaaaaaaaate desert stages. Almost as much as I hate fire stages. It's just boring to look at. Everything is so plain and dull. Every time I play a new Zelda game, I'm just dreading the fire or desert areas.

Steamtrainfriend

No Longer a Noob
May 31, 2010
Because with Skyward Sword, they dumbed down the series for kids and casual gamers. It isn't a real Zelda, it's just happy flat and onesided, the overworld is a non explorable joke, the NPCs are mostly forgettable and irrelevant, the dungeons are waaay (I mean WAY) too easy, short and linear and the hand holding is insulting the intelligence of the player.

Last edited:

Danodonnell

No Longer a Noob
Oct 28, 2011
Because with Skyward Sword, they dumbed down the series for kids and casual gamers. It isn't a real Zelda, it's just happy flat and onesided, the overworld is a non explorable joke, the NPCs are mostly forgettable and irrelevant, the dungeons are waaay (I mean WAY) too easy, short and linear and the hand holding is insulting the intelligence of the player.

Well some of the dungeons had some decent puzzles. Plus I prefer short and linear to 5 hours long like the ones in Twilight Princess lol.

Oct 13, 2012
I just finished Skyward Sword and I loved the game. I can see where people can get annoyed for the limited areas, but I felt like the game was epic. It was fun to play and it told a great story. The sad truth is that it is impossible for everyone to like something. With so many views and opinions, there will always be people that aren't fans. I'm not going to bash someone for not enjoying the game as much as me. It is an opinion and there is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions.

zoso6767

Noob
Jul 18, 2013
I don't hate, it's just not my favorite. My answer is going to sound simple, but it just doesn't "feel" like Zelda to me.

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012
I just don't get why this game is so hated. It's much better than I thought it would be. The motion controls can do a little touching up on...but nothing serious, really.

So far, these are the complaints I heard.

Graphics

Music

Overworld

Difficulty

I will admit, the graphics aren't as good as TPs, but they were much better than they originally appeared. There's more detail overall than we were originally exposed to.

As for music, I'm not seeing the issue. I cannot fathom a reason as to why people thought Orchestra would make things sound so much better. What I saw was exactly what I expected the whole time: More or less the same quality of music.

Overworld is perhaps the most confusing to me. It was certainly better than Ocarina of Time's which was completely barren. I realize it wasn't on par with Twilight Princess, which had a good deal of enemies, but then again...you just warped in Twilight Princess mostly, so who cares?

Majora's Mask was almost as barren as Ocarina of Time. To me, this overworld felt like everything Wind Waker wanted to be. The music was grand and adventurous, rather than obnoxious. The scenery was grand and unique, rather than the same color and nothing in eye sight. Not to mention there was islands everywhere the eye could see. I remember waiting forever to spot an island in Wind Waker. Here, I can spot 10 off the bat with ease. The controls were more engaging than than sailing (push 1 button and leave the room) and the only thing the horse has over it is if you're doing horse combat in Twilight Princess. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are easily inferior here.

But that's something this has in common with Majora's Mask's overworld. Sure, Majora's Mask was barren, but you got through the overworld quickly anyway, so nobody cares. Flying was so fast and you could get to your destination so quickly that I fail to see why anyone would care so much here either.

Difficulty is what irritates me the most. I hate it when I see someone baaawwwing over Skyward Sword's difficulty when they have been moaning for the past decade for a hard Zelda game...

C'mon guys, make up your mind. What do you want? Easy or hard?

Skyward Sword may not be the best game, but for me, it's up there, and I fail to see why so many hate it.

The game graphics and no voice acting. Seriously, just that makes it a bad Zelda game. The Zelda sales of this game confirm it.

legendofmidna

No Longer a Noob
Nov 23, 2011
Northeastern Maine
The game graphics and no voice acting. Seriously, just that makes it a bad Zelda game. The Zelda sales of this game confirm it.

Voice acting can be bad or good. Tails from Sonic Adventure 2 comes to mind. Honestly, I think voice acting isnt that big a deal. And does the lack of voice acting make the past 16 Zelda games bad too? Same goes for graphics. I prefer realistic style Zelda and yet Windwaker was one of my absolute favorites. Graphics and voice acting do NOT make a Zelda game good or bad, otherwise the past 16 games and the series as a whole wouldn't be so flippin popular now would it?

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012

Voice acting can be bad or good. Tails from Sonic Adventure 2 comes to mind. Honestly, I think voice acting isnt that big a deal. And does the lack of voice acting make the past 16 Zelda games bad too? Same goes for graphics. I prefer realistic style Zelda and yet Windwaker was one of my absolute favorites. Graphics and voice acting do NOT make a Zelda game good or bad, otherwise the past 16 games and the series as a whole wouldn't be so flippin popular now would it?

Yes, it is necessary in 2013. I'm sick and tired of having to read so much text. Voice acting immerses you more in the game. Skyward was a cheap excuse for graphics.

legendofmidna

No Longer a Noob
Nov 23, 2011
Northeastern Maine

Yes, it is necessary in 2013. I'm sick and tired of having to read so much text. Voice acting immerses you more in the game. Skyward was a cheap excuse for graphics.

Wii could only do so much, what did you honestly expect from SS? And to be honest, I don't even pay attention to voice acting in games. Most games have both text and voice acting and I always just read the text anyway. In any case, if voice acting and graphics make a good game, PLEASE direct your attention to a wonderful game known as "Sonic '06"
I agree, that Zelda could use an update to graphics and maybe some voice acting. But to state that a game without those is bad? That's ludicrous to me.

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012

Wii could only do so much, what did you honestly expect from SS? And to be honest, I don't even pay attention to voice acting in games. Most games have both text and voice acting and I always just read the text anyway. In any case, if voice acting and graphics make a good game, PLEASE direct your attention to a wonderful game known as "Sonic '06"
I agree, that Zelda could use an update to graphics and maybe some voice acting. But to state that a game without those is bad? That's ludicrous to me.

A game like this a few years ago, wouldn't be a big deal. But in 2013, if a game lacks voice acting and stellar graphics, it is a big deal. It doesn't feel real to me anymore. I need to have a game that feels real to me. No voice acting kills that fantasy of reality.

Xiaber

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2010
A game like this a few years ago, wouldn't be a big deal. But in 2013, if a game lacks voice acting and stellar graphics, it is a big deal. It doesn't feel real to me anymore. I need to have a game that feels real to me. No voice acting kills that fantasy of reality.

Go play FF13. It has stellar graphics and voice acting and is a good ga- wait a second...

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012

Go play FF13. It has stellar graphics and voice acting and is a good ga- wait a second...

What you guys in general make is a false comparison? You're quoting corny games that have stellar graphics and voice acting. But what about the games that have good gameplay, graphics, and voice acting? Why can't Nintendo get the job done right?

Xiaber

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2010

What you guys in general make is a false comparison? You're quoting corny games that have stellar graphics and voice acting. But what about the games that have good gameplay, graphics, and voice acting? Why can't Nintendo get the job done right?

Nintendo has been getting the job done right for many years now. What do you know about making stellar video games? Let Nintendo do what Nintendo does. I'm sorry you're one of those people that can't read, but you could just skip over the text and look at the pretty people. Oh, by the way, These Zelda games do have stellar graphics. Just because they aren't realistic doesn't mean they are a piece of crap. I pity the fool who thinks that.

legendofmidna

No Longer a Noob
Nov 23, 2011
Northeastern Maine

I agree, that all those things do help if done right. But it just verymuch irked me, how you said a zelda game without great graphics and voiceacting makes it a bad zelda game. Of my 3 favorite games, 2 of them were among the 3 earliest zelda games. Garbage graphics, not even any character sounds, but Nintendo got the important stuff right- gameplay. IMO, The Legend of Zelda, as a series, isn't meant to focus on a flashy story, or center around a deep or thought-provoking narrative, or anything like that. The game is about about exploring a massive dangerous world and complex puzzle-filled dungeons and overcoming them using the tools you find, the skills you gain, and your wits that let you combine them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. When I play a Zelda game, my first thought isn't about how the game looks; it's about how the game equips me to begin exploring and set out on whatever quest drives the exploration. I judge a zelda game by the game mechanics- the items, the combat, and how you use it all to explore and overcome the world of the game. A great example is Majora's Mask- it has an unusually strong narrative and characters for the series, but the main focus of the game is the mask system- using the tools (masks) and the skills you get (upgrades, how to use those masks, etc) to open up new areas and solve puzzles and THAT makes it such a great game. Great graphics do help immerse you in that world, and voice acting could too, if done well, I suppose. But I would take an entire legend of zelda series, made up of games with great gameplay and crappy graphics like ALttP, over games like FF13 or Sonic 06'. To me, a bad Zelda game is one with great graphics, voice acting, and terrible, boring mechanics.
This is just my opinion, of course, but I think I speak for a lot of people.

legendofmidna

No Longer a Noob
Nov 23, 2011
Northeastern Maine
I'd just like to point out, the difference between aesthetics and graphics. Whatever the graphical limitations of a Zelda game are, they prettymuch always have great aesthetics. that's what makes them look relatively good even decades down the road.

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012

Nintendo has been getting the job done right for many years now. What do you know about making stellar video games? Let Nintendo do what Nintendo does. I'm sorry you're one of those people that can't read, but you could just skip over the text and look at the pretty people. Oh, by the way, These Zelda games do have stellar graphics. Just because they aren't realistic doesn't mean they are a piece of crap. I pity the fool who thinks that.

Skyward Sword had too much pixelation for today's graphical era.

Wolfganon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 26, 2012

I agree, that all those things do help if done right. But it just verymuch irked me, how you said a zelda game without great graphics and voiceacting makes it a bad zelda game. Of my 3 favorite games, 2 of them were among the 3 earliest zelda games. Garbage graphics, not even any character sounds, but Nintendo got the important stuff right- gameplay. IMO, The Legend of Zelda, as a series, isn't meant to focus on a flashy story, or center around a deep or thought-provoking narrative, or anything like that. The game is about about exploring a massive dangerous world and complex puzzle-filled dungeons and overcoming them using the tools you find, the skills you gain, and your wits that let you combine them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies. When I play a Zelda game, my first thought isn't about how the game looks; it's about how the game equips me to begin exploring and set out on whatever quest drives the exploration. I judge a zelda game by the game mechanics- the items, the combat, and how you use it all to explore and overcome the world of the game. A great example is Majora's Mask- it has an unusually strong narrative and characters for the series, but the main focus of the game is the mask system- using the tools (masks) and the skills you get (upgrades, how to use those masks, etc) to open up new areas and solve puzzles and THAT makes it such a great game. Great graphics do help immerse you in that world, and voice acting could too, if done well, I suppose. But I would take an entire legend of zelda series, made up of games with great gameplay and crappy graphics like ALttP, over games like FF13 or Sonic 06'. To me, a bad Zelda game is one with great graphics, voice acting, and terrible, boring mechanics.
This is just my opinion, of course, but I think I speak for a lot of people.

I don't intend on changing the Zelda games of the past. They are what they are, and they are still great. But I believe that every new Zelda from now on should have voice acting and high quality graphics (realistic or toon). Like the Wind Waker remake they're making, they should add some voice acting.

Xiaber

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2010

Skyward Sword had too much pixelation for today's graphical era.

I didn't see too much pixelation. You shouldn't say today's graphical era, anyways, considering that the WiiU is today's, not the Wii.

May 18, 2014
I don't see what people see in Skyward Sword. I just don't get it. Nintendo makes the the most horrible game ever, and people love it. Do you love it because it contains the name Zelda? Same happened to Windwaker. Windwaker was bad. Really bad Zelda game, and yet they just make one even worse. I just shake my head, because someone at Nintendo should be sacked, should have been sacked a long time ago. I don't know even where to start with this game.

I can start with the Wii Motion Plus and it's crap calibration. I don't know why and I don't know how, but often the controls are way out of calibration, and with the overuse of almost any enemy requiring an attack in a certain motion, the controls just works like bollocks. The idea was good, but it doesn't work. End of story.

Another issue is the endless dialogs of useless ranting about "Are you sure?" about almost anything you do. And the people repeat way to often what has already been said. The dialogs are just annoying. Then the world. The world is just a hillarious joke. The world does not contain anything interesting! Not at all! I thought Windwaker was big and uninteresting, but not compared to Skyward Sword! The world is.... SAD. SAD that I payed for such a game. The skyworld is just a joke, a wast area of nothing. Just stray boulders. The skyworld probably didn't take a day to make, by one person if you don't count the main island.

And then the dungeons. I went into the first dungeon, thought it was an exceptionally short dungeon, untill I came to the second one which was even worse. The dungeons are the worst dungeons to ever be in a Zelda game. END OF STORY! They are small, unintelligent, boring, easy and disappointing. And the endless collecting of the two worst Gameboy games have been adapted to this game, from Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, the objects you collect to do different things, that takes an age to collect for certain things.

This game is...... making me frustrated. And the most frustrating part about it, is that some people give this game top score. It makes me want to punch them in the face, because they shouldn't be allowed to give scores to games when they give a game like this a 10/10. They don't know what they are talking about.

If there are any in-depth questions on my opinion, just send me a message, I can surly answer it, because my post here is not here without reason.
The controls don't suck you do! And u just don't understand the magic to zelda

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
I don't see what people see in Skyward Sword. I just don't get it. Nintendo makes the the most horrible game ever, and people love it. Do you love it because it contains the name Zelda? Same happened to Windwaker. Windwaker was bad. Really bad Zelda game, and yet they just make one even worse. I just shake my head, because someone at Nintendo should be sacked, should have been sacked a long time ago. I don't know even where to start with this game.

I can start with the Wii Motion Plus and it's crap calibration. I don't know why and I don't know how, but often the controls are way out of calibration, and with the overuse of almost any enemy requiring an attack in a certain motion, the controls just works like bollocks. The idea was good, but it doesn't work. End of story.

Another issue is the endless dialogs of useless ranting about "Are you sure?" about almost anything you do. And the people repeat way to often what has already been said. The dialogs are just annoying. Then the world. The world is just a hillarious joke. The world does not contain anything interesting! Not at all! I thought Windwaker was big and uninteresting, but not compared to Skyward Sword! The world is.... SAD. SAD that I payed for such a game. The skyworld is just a joke, a wast area of nothing. Just stray boulders. The skyworld probably didn't take a day to make, by one person if you don't count the main island.

And then the dungeons. I went into the first dungeon, thought it was an exceptionally short dungeon, untill I came to the second one which was even worse. The dungeons are the worst dungeons to ever be in a Zelda game. END OF STORY! They are small, unintelligent, boring, easy and disappointing. And the endless collecting of the two worst Gameboy games have been adapted to this game, from Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, the objects you collect to do different things, that takes an age to collect for certain things.

This game is...... making me frustrated. And the most frustrating part about it, is that some people give this game top score. It makes me want to punch them in the face, because they shouldn't be allowed to give scores to games when they give a game like this a 10/10. They don't know what they are talking about.

If there are any in-depth questions on my opinion, just send me a message, I can surly answer it, because my post here is not here without reason.
I'm not entirely sure if this post is an attempt at trolling or not, so I'll answer it seriously just to make sure.

The controls in Skyward Sword do have issues, regardless of whether the player involves "sucks" or not. A good portion of this has to do with enemy reaction that is far too quick to make good usage of the "move away from the angle that's being blocked" tactic. It takes a split second for a player to move the Wii remote and then slash in said direction, and the enemies (particularly Ghirahim) will almost always move fast enough to block in the right direction before the player can actually swing the sword. Trying to do it more quickly will always result in the game not registering the change of direction. I can see why Nintendo wouldn't want to make an enemy stupidly just hold his sword up blocking in the completely wrong direction, but it does render the entire tactic of moving away from a block and swinging in another direction tactic iffy at best.

The rest of the issue actually comes from the controls themselves. Youtube user Matthewmatosis made an excellent argument against this in his review of the game, which I'll basically restate here as it sums up my opinion pretty well. At best, the motion controls in Skyward Sword work 95% of the time, and that may be being generous. That means for one out of every 20 sword swings, the controls will misread and give you the wrong move. Were this a button layout, a 95% success rate would be completely unacceptable. Imagine playing a Mario game, and one out of every twenty times the jump button doesn't work, or something similar. It would be quite noticeable, and an issue that would certainly not escape fixing in the development stage.

Skyward Sword's controls, on the other hand, may work 95% of the time, and yet they're given a free pass. I can understand the potential behind it, and I think in some areas they do work well in the game, but they're certainly not perfect, and there's plenty of room to complain about them, especially considering how little they really add to the experience.

And this isn't even beginning to touch upon the motion controls used elsewhere for things like swimming, which are far worse.

May 18, 2014

I'm not entirely sure if this post is an attempt at trolling or not, so I'll answer it seriously just to make sure.

The controls in Skyward Sword do have issues, regardless of whether the player involves "sucks" or not. A good portion of this has to do with enemy reaction that is far too quick to make good usage of the "move away from the angle that's being blocked" tactic. It takes a split second for a player to move the Wii remote and then slash in said direction, and the enemies (particularly Ghirahim) will almost always move fast enough to block in the right direction before the player can actually swing the sword. Trying to do it more quickly will always result in the game not registering the change of direction. I can see why Nintendo wouldn't want to make an enemy stupidly just hold his sword up blocking in the completely wrong direction, but it does render the entire tactic of moving away from a block and swinging in another direction tactic iffy at best.

The rest of the issue actually comes from the controls themselves. Youtube user Matthewmatosis made an excellent argument against this in his review of the game, which I'll basically restate here as it sums up my opinion pretty well. At best, the motion controls in Skyward Sword work 95% of the time, and that may be being generous. That means for one out of every 20 sword swings, the controls will misread and give you the wrong move. Were this a button layout, a 95% success rate would be completely unacceptable. Imagine playing a Mario game, and one out of every twenty times the jump button doesn't work, or something similar. It would be quite noticeable, and an issue that would certainly not escape fixing in the development stage.

Skyward Sword's controls, on the other hand, may work 95% of the time, and yet they're given a free pass. I can understand the potential behind it, and I think in some areas they do work well in the game, but they're certainly not perfect, and there's plenty of room to complain about them, especially considering how little they really add to the experience.

And this isn't even beginning to touch upon the motion controls used elsewhere for things like swimming, which are far worse.
Matthew is a shitty critic with his constant nitpicks. Skyward sword has flaws don't get me wrong. But really it's 95 to 5 ur going to get frustrated with the controls I did too but learning how to use them correctly and anticipating ur enemy's movement and that requires patience. As for the motion controls for the other control set ups

Rolling bombs: sucks
Flying the loft wing and controlling the betel: fantastic

Aiming: good

Skydiving: alright

Tight rope: crap

Swimming: um alright

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Matthew is a shitty critic with his constant nitpicks.
Yes. How dare someone point out legitimate flaws in a game?

But really it's 95 to 5 ur going to get frustrated with the controls I did too but learning how to use them correctly and anticipating ur enemy's movement and that requires patience.
Anticipating your enemy's movements has nothing to do with the Wii Motion Plus. You could set up that entire feature with a simple standard controller scheme.

The question is what does the Wii Motion Plus add to the game, and the answer is not a lot that a standard controller layout couldn't outside of some unnecessary frustration. It's nowhere near the leap that, say, going from a Gamecube controller to the Wii controller between Metroid Prime 2 and 3 was.

My problem with aiming is that it was better with the standard Wii remote in Twilight Princess. The Wii Motion Plus works ok, but it's noticeably worse.

I'll agree with everything else except swimming. Swimming was awful.

Xiaber

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 6, 2010
Apparently I'm the only person that didn't have any issues with the motion controls besides how awkward it was to roll the bombs while laying down.

Zelda_Knight

Almost Not a Noob
May 31, 2011
Sorry, not saying.
Personally, I really like the controls for SS. I admit that somethings aren't the best, like bomb rolling and swimming, but everything else is fine to me. I really like, if not love, the idea of having to swing your sword in a certain direction to hit an enemy. It adds an extra layer of strategy to swordplay beyond just mindlessly swinging your sword to kill whatever is in front of you, like Twilight Princess did it.

If anything I see the motion plus controls at least only add a special depth to the sword combat that no other Zelda game had, and that's one of the bigger reasons why I like SS a lot. Yes, I had to practice it as I went along, but that was a part of the fun. Sometimes half the fun is just learning the ins and outs and tricks of something.

May 18, 2014
Matthew is a shitty critic with his constant nitpicks.
Yes. How dare someone point out legitimate flaws in a game?

But really it's 95 to 5 ur going to get frustrated with the controls I did too but learning how to use them correctly and anticipating ur enemy's movement and that requires patience.
Anticipating your enemy's movements has nothing to do with the Wii Motion Plus. You could set up that entire feature with a simple standard controller scheme.

The question is what does the Wii Motion Plus add to the game, and the answer is not a lot that a standard controller layout couldn't outside of some unnecessary frustration. It's nowhere near the leap that, say, going from a Gamecube controller to the Wii controller between Metroid Prime 2 and 3 was.

My problem with aiming is that it was better with the standard Wii remote in Twilight Princess. The Wii Motion Plus works ok, but it's noticeably worse.

I'll agree with everything else except swimming. Swimming was awful.
Yeah complaining about have three more hearts than normal and havering to kill enemies than before fighting ghirhim for the 3rd time yeah those are legit complaints. Also I wasn't talking about wii motion plus I'm talking about sword play it has a learning curve and requires practice! I will agree with one of the REAL Legit complaints which is the over saturation of motion controls.

May 18, 2014
Personally, I really like the controls for SS. I admit that somethings aren't the best, like bomb rolling and swimming, but everything else is fine to me. I really like, if not love, the idea of having to swing your sword in a certain direction to hit an enemy. It adds an extra layer of strategy to swordplay beyond just mindlessly swinging your sword to kill whatever is in front of you, like Twilight Princess did it.

If anything I see the motion plus controls at least only add a special depth to the sword combat that no other Zelda game had, and that's one of the bigger reasons why I like SS a lot. Yes, I had to practice it as I went along, but that was a part of the fun. Sometimes half the fun is just learning the ins and outs and tricks of something.
Thank you that's what I've been trying say

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Yeah complaining about have three more hearts than normal and havering to kill enemies than before fighting ghirhim for the 3rd time yeah those are legit complaints. Also I wasn't talking about wii motion plus I'm talking about sword play it has a learning curve and requires practice! I will agree with one of the REAL Legit complaints which is the over saturation of motion controls.
It is a fair complaint, though; the point wasn't simply about the amount of health, it's about the actual effects of that decision on the game later on.​

May 18, 2014
It is a fair complaint, though; the point wasn't simply about the amount of health, it's about the actual effects of that decision on the game later on.​
[/quote
Who Cares?! No one else complained about that? It was actually a Benefit.

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
It is a fair complaint, though; the point wasn't simply about the amount of health, it's about the actual effects of that decision on the game later on.
[/quote
Who Cares?! No one else complained about that? It was actually a Benefit.
Actually, now that I go back and watch the video, it isn't even a complaint. He was simply theorizing that it was a way to help the players get over the unreliability of the motion controls.

Superssbb

Noob
Jul 9, 2014
Am I the only person who would give super mario galaxy,the legend of zelda skyward sword, and sonic 3 (by itself) a 5.5 out of 10 and zelda 2,super mario sunshine and many hated 3d sonic games (even sonic 06 and sonic and the secret rings) a higher score

HextupleyooDOT

Isn't 50 characters a little overkill for a title?
Jun 8, 2009
Am I the only person who would give super mario galaxy,the legend of zelda skyward sword, and sonic 3 (by itself) a 5.5 out of 10 and zelda 2,super mario sunshine and many hated 3d sonic games (even sonic 06 and sonic and the secret rings) a higher score

Lol, Mario Galaxy rated under Sonic 06? Sorry, but you just lost all credibility. =P

theamazinghoodie

No Longer a Noob
Jun 9, 2010
Yes.

Yes, you are.

CakeMan42

No Longer a Noob
Jan 2, 2010
England

Lol, Mario Galaxy rated under Sonic 06? Sorry, but you just lost all credibility. =P

What you talkin' about? Sonic 06 is the best game of all time. Mario Galaxy is bland, boring, and generally poorly designed in comparison.

Boxman108

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 22, 2013
Sonic '06 is plagued by tons of bugs, awful gameplay and level design, and an unnecessarily angsty preteen dramafoed story with bad writing and voice acting thrown on top of it. The biggest problem I had with SMG was repetition and I got every star twice.

Superssbb

Noob
Jul 9, 2014
Sonic '06 is plagued by tons of bugs, awful gameplay and level design, and an unnecessarily angsty preteen dramafoed story with bad writing and voice acting thrown on top of it. The biggest problem I had with SMG was repetition and I got every star twice.

First of all, I didn't run into any glitches.
Second of all, I like the gameplay and level design.
Third of all, I actually think the four kids voice actors,except for elise,I think are some of the best actors of all time.
Fourth of all, stop using that stupid story argument.
And fifth of all, it's the disappointment of SMG compared to super mario bros 1-3,super mario land,super mario world,super mario 64,super mario sunshine,super mario galaxy 2,super mario 3d land, and super mario 3d world that makes me say it's the WORST 3d mario game.

Last edited:

Superssbb

Noob
Jul 9, 2014
I don't intend on changing the Zelda games of the past. They are what they are, and they are still great. But I believe that every new Zelda from now on should have voice acting and high quality graphics (realistic or toon). Like the Wind Waker remake they're making, they should add some voice acting.[/quote]

CDI zelda games,nuff said

HextupleyooDOT

Isn't 50 characters a little overkill for a title?
Jun 8, 2009
I don't intend on changing the Zelda games of the past. They are what they are, and they are still great. But I believe that every new Zelda from now on should have voice acting and high quality graphics (realistic or toon). Like the Wind Waker remake they're making, they should add some voice acting.

CDI zelda games,nuff said[/quote]

I CDI WUT U DID THERE

Jacklost

Lost on a island
Jan 29, 2014
Because they have to move their hands to play and its to much work for them...
Alternatively it could just be because of the myraid of poor design choices.
Well im glad they dropped the wii remote controlls for the wii u, will be nice to be able to play a new zelda game with a normal controller

Hoping i can use the pro controller for zelda wii u, and maybe then get that gamecube usb adopter and play it with a gamecube controller. That would be so sweat :)

Last edited: