TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Yesss. I was worried that we wouldn’t get to hear her introducing Imperium anymore.

I also really enjoy the way she says Chelsea Green.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Trish is a wonderful heel. It’s also really refreshing to see the legend play the bad guy for once. That almost never happens in WWE these days.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
It took seven years, but Balor finally hit Rollins with a powerbomb into the barricade

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
I love the story of OC's reign as international champion. He's the workhorse champion, but because of that he's getting more and more hurt, and as a result it's having the opposite effect of most longer title reigns: Each defense comes off as more and more likely that he's going to lose, because he's just getting more and more beat up while his opponents are getting conniving (Jarrett) spectacular (Bandido) ruthless (Buddy) or perfectly capable of taking advantage of how destroyed you are (Garcia)

Do I believe Kyle Fletcher will beat OC? Maybe!

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
Me: regularly listens to the Whatculture Wrestling podcast, saying it's completely different from all their youtube videos, and insisting it's worth listening to

MJF:

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
That’s weird as fuck, I’m watching Rampage and literally just got to that part when I opened this thread.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Shinsuke Nakamura’s resurgence has been really fun. I wouldn’t mind him taking the title off Rollins if Seth needs time away.

In fact, WWE seems to be influenced by Japan quite a bit as of late with Nakamura getting pushed, Iyo winning the women’s championship, NXT having its own G1 tournament, etc.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
Yeah, it’s technically called the ‘WWE NXT Global Heritage Invitational’, but it seems very G1-ish.

* Two groups with 4 Superstars in each group will compete in a Round Robin-style tournament

* Matches will have a 12-minute time limit

* A pinfall or a submission victory earns 2 points, a draw earns 1 point

* The winner of Group A will face the winner of Group B on the September 26 go-home episode, then the winner of that match will become the new #1 contender to challenge NXT Heritage Cup Champion Noam Dar on Saturday, September 30 at the NXT No Mercy Premium Live Event in Bakersfield, CA

GROUP A
* Tyler Bate, representing England
* Butch, representing England
* Charlie Dempsey, representing the United States
* Axiom, representing Spain

GROUP B
* Joe Coffey, representing Scotland
* Duke Hudson, representing Australia
* Nathan Frazer, representing Jersey in the Channel Islands
* Akira Tozawa, representing Japan

wweboo

Star
Sep 18, 2008
Will it seem pointless if they go through all of this just to do Nathan/Bate vs Dar again?

lildeew

Legend status, fuck a Noob
Jun 17, 2003
I haven’t followed NXT in so long that I didn’t even know they had that or that they were booking Noam Dar credibly. He always been boring to me

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I haven’t followed NXT in so long that I didn’t even know they had that or that they were booking Noam Dar credibly. He always been boring to me
The Heritage Cup was brought over from NXT UK and Dar has been the focal point of the division for some time now. He’s also the leader of a stable called The Meta-Four, which admittedly helps him stand out. If nothing else, their entrance is super dope.

I’m just happy NXT is always evolving and trying new things. Ever since HBK took over and the brand became more of a hybrid between Black and Gold NXT and NXT 2.0, it’s been consistently one of the better weekly wrestling shows.

SyKDeMoN

It's not a good day to be a bad guy.
Oct 10, 2004
Shinsuke Nakamura’s resurgence has been really fun. I wouldn’t mind him taking the title off Rollins if Seth needs time away.

In fact, WWE seems to be influenced by Japan quite a bit as of late with Nakamura getting pushed, Iyo winning the women’s championship, NXT having its own G1 tournament, etc.
I agree, I really love how they are treating Asuka...[face_plain]

AWSMan

No Longer "No Longer A Noob"
Sep 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I’m still mad we never got the Io/Asuka singles match they teased months ago. And now would be a perfect time to do it since Asuka hasn’t gotten a rematch for losing the title in a triple threat and Bianca is doing a worked injury … but I’m pretty sure they still won’t.

TrailBlazerDude

MODerately Terrifying
★ MOD
May 15, 2009
I’m still mad we never got the Io/Asuka singles match they teased months ago. And now would be a perfect time to do it since Asuka hasn’t gotten a rematch for losing the title in a triple threat and Bianca is doing a worked injury … but I’m pretty sure they still won’t.
But what about Charlotte?!

Serpent.222

Super Star
Feb 13, 2012
Here. On a board. With you.

While i agree, i'd be pissed if Nakamura won. If they were comfortable taking the title off Seth, it should have been to Balor.

RKO-Cutter

Definition of jackass
Aug 18, 2008
So....that's cool, but to me it's not the headline

The headline is Danielson announced he promised his six years and four month old daughter that he would start wrapping up his career when she turned 7 :(

mitamaking

No Longer a Noob
Nov 22, 2013
Roderick Strong has been killing it lately. I am still chuckling at "I can't see him" over 30 minutes later.