jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
It's not a good idea. Batman is completely different to a videogame that promotes being the exact opposite of him. Plus the world around a GTA character is filled with humorously stupid stuff that couldn't be taken serious if you were making a serious story. Playing GTA is the ultimate experience. A movie wouldn't do it justice and would prove to be the inferior option, therefore making it unnecessary.

SweetSmapDiCorn

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 20, 2006
" I personally see there being potential in a Grand Theft Auto movie if done properly. Doing it properly doesn't mean not doing it at all. If it's going to result in a POS, then fine, it's probably for the best there not be one. I know it seems like I keep kissing Nolan's asshole, but I just saw so much of GTA in The Dark Knight trilogy. I don't see how he could fuck it up. I don't see Nolan fucking up big time in general"

I don't see how you could of been thinking GTA when watching Batman, but ok... Look, there's a number of reasons why a GTA movie wouldn't work: 1) and this one is the most important--- Most of the content and story elements you find in any of the GTA games comes from American Movies, TV or books... GTA has always been a Satire about American Culture. So if you've watched any movies (besides Batman) in the last 10-15 years, you'll see this. The French Connection, Heat, Boys in Hood, Ronin, Fast and Furious... all of these have been used as a basis for some sort of content in a GTA game. This is the main reason why a GTA movie would never work... it would be a 3 hour movie of things ripped off from other movies! .. and an original plot would be bad too. If the Nolan's wrote an original crime-drama/heist movie and slapped the GTA name on it, that would be really lame, even worse than any other video-game movie that did the same: Resident Evil and Hitman 47 anyone?

2) The Nolan Brothers would not be the best for making a GTA movie... they're a good writer and director-team but GTA would not be a good fit. It would be like having "squeeky-clean" Ron Howard doing the film. Just watch older movies like: Memento or Insomnia... you'll see what I mean. Also The Nolan's DID NOT write the Batman movies. Chris Nolan only directed it. David S. Goyer and some other folks actually wrote it... keep that in mind.

I can't think of the others I had for you but these should discourage you enough from posting in this thread anymore.

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
" I personally see there being potential in a Grand Theft Auto movie if done properly. Doing it properly doesn't mean not doing it at all. If it's going to result in a POS, then fine, it's probably for the best there not be one. I know it seems like I keep kissing Nolan's asshole, but I just saw so much of GTA in The Dark Knight trilogy. I don't see how he could fuck it up. I don't see Nolan fucking up big time in general"

I don't see how you could of been thinking GTA when watching Batman, but ok... Look, there's a number of reasons why a GTA movie wouldn't work: 1) and this one is the most important--- Most of the content and story elements you find in any of the GTA games comes from American Movies, TV or books... GTA has always been a Satire about American Culture. So if you've watched any movies (besides Batman) in the last 10-15 years, you'll see this. The French Connection, Heat, Boys in Hood, Ronin, Fast and Furious... all of these have been used as a basis for some sort of content in a GTA game. This is the main reason why a GTA movie would never work... it would be a 3 hour movie of things ripped off from other movies! .. and an original plot would be bad too. If the Nolan's wrote an original crime-drama/heist movie and slapped the GTA name on it, that would be really lame, even worse than any other video-game movie that did the same: Resident Evil and Hitman 47 anyone?

2) The Nolan Brothers would not be the best for making a GTA movie... they're a good writer and director-team but GTA would not be a good fit. It would be like having "squeeky-clean" Ron Howard doing the film. Just watch older movies like: Memento or Insomnia... you'll see what I mean. Also The Nolan's DID NOT write the Batman movies. Chris Nolan only directed it. David S. Goyer and some other folks actually wrote it... keep that in mind.

I can't think of the others I had for you but these should discourage you enough from posting in this thread anymore.
[face_silly]

kill4money213

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 12, 2013
die Staaten

Well said. Plus, it doesn't feel the same if your not playing the game. I don't want to watch someone being chased in GTA, i'll go see an action popcorn flick that comes out every year for that. In GTA, you are your own stuntman. Plus, the movie would then have to include the shitty driving of the player, since every GTA player doesn't follow traffic lights, and, as Jared has said, it has to include those funny moments, which wouldn't work as well in a movie. Plus, what movie is going to include a guy looking for pigeons across the city, only to shoot them? Oh, and if you are a GTA player who follows the rules of the road, proceed to the next brick wall, and repeatedly slam your head against it, since something is wrong with you.

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

Well said. Plus, it doesn't feel the same if your not playing the game. I don't want to watch someone being chased in GTA, i'll go see an action popcorn flick that comes out every year for that. In GTA, you are your own stuntman. Plus, the movie would then have to include the shitty driving of the player, since every GTA player doesn't follow traffic lights, and, as Jared has said, it has to include those funny moments, which wouldn't work as well in a movie. Plus, what movie is going to include a guy looking for pigeons across the city, only to shoot them? Oh, and if you are a GTA player who follows the rules of the road, proceed to the next brick wall, and repeatedly slam your head against it, since something is wrong with you.
So what if someone tries?

Last edited:

kill4money213

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 12, 2013
die Staaten

So what if someone tries?
Then follow my simple instructions! It was a joke. BTW. I don't know how you could take that seriously.

SweetSmapDiCorn

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 20, 2006

[face_silly]

You got nothing? what's this supposed to mean?

Munchy89

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 13, 2010
I didn't read EVERY post so sorry if someone mentioned this but what about Martin Scorsese directing the movie? I mean when it comes to movies with a "gritty" or gangster feel, no one does it better than Scorsese in my opinion.

Also I am bad at casting but Rick Gonzalez from Old school and Coach Carter (don't know how to put pix on here) But he would be a good Luis. Not sure about Niko or Roman though

kill4money213

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 12, 2013
die Staaten
How about NO gta movie......like...... at all? I think that'd be pretty swell.
You all shall be forced to watch Batman & Robin! [face_silly]
At least that movie was funny because of how bad it was. Some movies are just plain bad, (ie: The Last Airbender, M. Night Shyamalan edition) and you can't even laugh at them, now excuse me... batskates! Activate!

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
How about NO gta movie......like...... at all? I think that'd be pretty swell.
You all shall be forced to watch Batman & Robin! [face_silly]
At least that movie was funny because of how bad it was. Some movies are just plain bad, (ie: The Last Airbender, M. Night Shyamalan edition) and you can't even laugh at them, now excuse me... batskates! Activate!

Bat skates are cool and all, but they've got nothing on Bat-Shark Repelent lmao

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

The Nolan brothers did write TDK and TDKR. Nolan and Goyer wrote BB.