SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
Preferably a version of GTA IV? This is probably a long shot, but just contemplate it for a moment. The man, the myth, the legend, making the first good video game movie. People will begin to take video games more seriously like comic books are definitely more so than they used to be. I'm thinking of influences of Drive, The Dark Knight trilogy, The Godfather, etc., including sweeping shots of Liberty City, giving a sense of a deeper context behind the magnificent skylines just like in The Dark Knight saga; giving Liberty City the treatment it deserves just as Gotham did. Gotham may be older and be featured in more forms of media, but wouldn't you agree Gotham and Liberty, while two incredibly different cities, are equal in expository strength? It could be a blend of style and substance, just as in TDK.

As for cast members, here is who I think should appear and why I think they should. Some of them I just found on GameInformer's Casting Call on their website for a Grand Theft Auto film who I happen to agree with. Feel free to disagree with what is stated and respond stating why you agree or disagree. Just remember to respect what has been presented, k?

1.) Christian Bale as Niko Bellic
This may seem out of context, but when I saw The Fighter, there was a certain scene where Bale's character Dicky is walking down the street to meet his former crack buddies, the way he walked reminded me of Niko. I just saw Niko Bellic in him. I'd also like to hear Niko with a deeper accent just to hear him sound older.

2.) Nick Frost as Roman Bellic
This I just saw on GameInformer's Casting Call. I also happen to think he has the looks down and I hear he is good at what he does, so why not?

3.) Robert Downey Jr. as Anthony "Gay" Tony Prince
Not only does Downey have the look for the role, he's good at playing eccentric gentlemen who have tendencies of getting themselves into knee-deep situations.

4.) Michael Caine as Thomas Stubbs
Just a thought bumping around my cerebellum. What do you think?

5.) Drake as Luis Lopez
Sure he may have the look for the role, but who knows; maybe he can act.

6.) Jeff Bridges as Billy Grey
The Obadiah Stane look reminds me of Billy. Bridges also happens to be both a complete hardass and an awesome actor.

7.) John Turturro, Sacha Baron Cohen, or Omid Djahili himself: Yusuf Amir
One of these should suffice. Would you agree?

I'd also like to see people like Jason Zumwalt make a cameo (Maybe an eccentric taxi driver anyone?) or Michael Hollick as a minor character. The same can go to the voice actors of the other protagonists and some of the other characters.

For more info, just check out this article.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/06/01/casting-call-gta.aspx

Please let me know what you think. Would you like to see this?

Last edited:

UltimateZombie

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2010
I'm thinking the film would Marion Cottilard, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Tom Hardy and Michael Caine for sure. He seems to like them.

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
mmmmmm....no sorry.
And why not?
mmmmmm....no sorry.
And why not?

GTA is my favorite game series. It has no marks against it IMO. It is flawless, it has never dissapointed me. History shows that video game movies dont work. As well as this, I'm fairly sure i read an article with one of the Housers saying that they are not interested in making a movie out of gta, because the game itself is the movie, or something along those lines. I'd just rather keep it strictly a video game series. [face_peace]

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
mmmmmm....no sorry.
And why not?
mmmmmm....no sorry.
And why not?

GTA is my favorite game series. It has no marks against it IMO. It is flawless, it has never dissapointed me. History shows that video game movies dont work. As well as this, I'm fairly sure i read an article with one of the Housers saying that they are not interested in making a movie out of gta, because the game itself is the movie, or something along those lines. I'd just rather keep it strictly a video game series. [face_peace]

True, they have not worked in the past, but as I stated, Nolan could make the first good video game movie! I bet at one point following the release of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, some people probably thought there would never be another good Batman movie ever again. Then look who came along. Sure, there would be a longer span of time between B&R and Batman Begins and the history of bad video game movies and the first good one, but it still could potentially occur. Besides, it's Nolan. Pure cinema gold. What's not to like about Chirs? Just have faith. If there's anyone that could probably pull it off, it's Nolan.

Last edited:

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
And why not?
And why not?

True, they have not worked in the past, but as I stated, Nolan could make the first good video game movie! I bet at one point following the release of Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, some people probably thought there would never be another good Batman movie ever again. Then look who came along. Sure, there would be a longer span of time between B&R and Batman Begins and the history of bad video game movies and the first good one, but it still could potentially occur. Besides, it's Nolan. Pure cinema gold. What's not to like about Chirs? Just have faith. If there's anyone that could probably pull it off, it's Nolan.

Well first off, i didnt like BB. I liked TDK and have yet to see TDKR. So yeah thats my background info lol. I still wouldnt want a GTA movie if Nolan was making it.
Does someone have a movie-boner for Mr Nolan? [face_batting]

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

Well first off, i didnt like BB. I liked TDK and have yet to see TDKR. So yeah thats my background info lol. I still wouldnt want a GTA movie if Nolan was making it.

Look; there is simply no denying Nolan is a talented director...[face_shame_on_you]

Last edited:

zello144

No Longer a Noob
Dec 20, 2010
A GTA Movie would be Nice but I agree The Game itself is a Film it has a Story and Its Cast of Characters If you Want something like a GTA Movie Try Scarface or a TV Show Try The Wire.

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
I acknowledge we'll probably never get a GTA movie, and if we do it's a long way off, but if we did get one, I think Christopher Nolan is a great choice to direct.

I haven't thought of it before, but yeah, Christian Bale would work as Niko. Nick Frost is a great choice for Roman, though he doesn't seem to have the age. That's not anything that can't be fixed though. An alternate choice would be Jack Black. Yeah yeah I know...

If they do make a movie it'll probably be solely GTA IV, so I doubt Gay Tony will even be in it, but if he is I'd love to see RDJ portray him.

How about Eminem as Packie? He's proven he can act. Maybe Edward Norton if not?

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
I acknowledge we'll probably never get a GTA movie, and if we do it's a long way off, but if we did get one, I think Christopher Nolan is a great choice to direct.

I haven't thought of it before, but yeah, Christian Bale would work as Niko. Nick Frost is a great choice for Roman, though he doesn't seem to have the age. That's not anything that can't be fixed though. An alternate choice would be Jack Black. Yeah yeah I know...

If they do make a movie it'll probably be solely GTA IV, so I doubt Gay Tony will even be in it, but if he is I'd love to see RDJ portray him.

I was thinking maybe Joseph-Gordon Levitt as Packie and maybe, should they do TLAD, Tom Hardy as Johnny Klebitz. Maybe Marion Cotillard as Ashley Butler?

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010

I was thinking maybe Joseph-Gordon Levitt as Packie and maybe, should they do TLAD, Tom Hardy as Johnny Klebitz. Maybe Marion Cotillard as Ashley Butler?
I've never been good at casting... I'll just say yes to everything you said. [face_tongue]

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

I've never been good at casting... I'll just say yes to everything you said. [face_tongue]
What you said was still good too. I'm not dismissing anything you said. I know! Maybe Heath Ledger can play...wait...[face_plain]

nickzambuto

No Longer a Noob
Nov 8, 2010
What you said was still good too. I'm not dismissing anything you said. I know! Maybe Heath Ledger can play...wait...[face_plain]
You certainly seem to like Batman with most of these casting choices you're making, don't you?

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010

Look; there is simply no denying Nolan is a talented director...[face_shame_on_you]

I'm not denying his talent, I'm denying him access to my favorite game series. [face_tongue]

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
Feb 26, 2006
Not that I want to see a GTA movie, but Jean Reno would have to be Niko. He already has the accent too.

images

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
Not that I want to see a GTA movie, but Jean Reno would have to be Niko. He already has the accent too.

images

I can see why you'd think he'd be appropriate, but Niko is only 30 lol. And while he does look somewhat similar, he has a different look to Niko overall.

Jun 15, 2011
South of the North Pole
Ummm... how about a movie focusing on the three perspectives of Niko, Johnny, and Luis around the diamonds.
What's with the ummmm? Uncertain, are we?
There has to be a plot premise and because the plot is very diverse in Niko's storyline, I chose with the most prominent which is the diamonds storyline very unsure about that premise also (as well as a movie).

Feb 26, 2006
Can you tell me one successful video game movie? Didn't think so. My hat's off to R* for not selling out. Plus, like Houser said, the game plays like a movie.

skredarmy

Noob
Jul 19, 2012
First of all,i dont even like batman but isnt Gothom Detroit?
anyways,i agree GTA is a movie in itself, no need to make one, and if somebody did, iwould like to see somebody make a good video game movie yet...i think the best video game movie is probly the first mortal kombat

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
First of all,i dont even like batman but isnt Gothom Detroit?
anyways,i agree GTA is a movie in itself, no need to make one, and if somebody did, iwould like to see somebody make a good video game movie yet...i think the best video game movie is probly the first mortal kombat
Gotham is Chicago and Pittsburg.

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010
If a gta movie was made, we'd already know what happens so it wouldnt be that interesting.

You couldnt take it seriously, because of the media that surrounds niko. EG: "Because i love my country and if you dont, F*** you and your fat wife". Sure they could remove the hilarious surroundings in Niko's universe, but that wouldnt be staying true to the series now would it?

A GTA movie wouldnt be able to present as much content to us, compared to the game itself. So what would be the point? Exactly, its not necessary. Sure, a movie could give us Niko's basic story in GTA IV. But it wouldnt be able to cover Packie's family background stories, dwayne's rough life, Brucie's insecurities caused by his brother and all that other interesting stuff. Well you could actually, but the movie would be a clusterf***.

So yeah, that's pretty much why i wouldnt want a gta movie.

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
If a gta movie was made, we'd already know what happens so it wouldnt be that interesting.

You couldnt take it seriously, because of the media that surrounds niko. EG: "Because i love my country and if you dont, F*** you and your fat wife". Sure they could remove the hilarious surroundings in Niko's universe, but that wouldnt be staying true to the series now would it?

A GTA movie wouldnt be able to present as much content to us, compared to the game itself. So what would be the point? Exactly, its not necessary. Sure, a movie could give us Niko's basic story in GTA IV. But it wouldnt be able to cover Packie's family background stories, dwayne's rough life, Brucie's insecurities caused by his brother and all that other interesting stuff. Well you could actually, but the movie would be a clusterf***.

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but Nolan could do what he did with the Batman movies and give us an original story with the occasional nod to the games. The most he could do is recreate an entire mission, preferably the bank heist. Nolan may have done a bank heist before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen again.

jared1994

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2010

I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but Nolan could do what he did with the Batman movies and give us an original story with the occasional nod to the games. The most he could do is recreate an entire mission, preferably the bank heist. Nolan may have done a bank heist before, but that doesn't mean it can't happen again.

Yeah... but y'know lol.

kato198

No Longer a Noob
Dec 3, 2004
Sorry, this is a dumb thread. You're thinking of it the wrong way. GTA games are traditionally parodies/tributes to action movies already out. Any "GTA movie" would just be a run of the mill action movie. GTA is fun because of the open world aspects and the interactivity of it. A movie strips it's core entertainment aspects away.

And Nolan is a horrible director to get for it.

SargentSnowball68

No Longer a Noob
Jul 16, 2012
Sorry, this is a dumb thread. You're thinking of it the wrong way. GTA games are traditionally parodies/tributes to action movies already out. Any "GTA movie" would just be a run of the mill action movie. GTA is fun because of the open world aspects and the interactivity of it. A movie strips it's core entertainment aspects away.

And Nolan is a horrible director to get for it.
:^O That's funny. Now say something else so I can take you more seriously.

Last edited: