Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2006
Ouch. If what this anonymous guy says is true, I hope some investors get smart quick. I'd buy a battlefront game if it was as good as that "trailer"...

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
WHAT A SHAME!!! Time splitters 2 is one of my favorite shooters ever made, and 3 was pretty amazing as well (although i liked 2's campaign better). They need to get TS 4 out (for PC or 360 please!) really badly.

Jan 19, 2009
George Lucas needs to get off of his fat ass and do something about this...quit letting other people decide what to do with you company George and do what is right for your fans.
Just sell off the Indiana Jones rights and buy out Free Radical...cause the last Indy sucked, and Free Radical seems to be the only ones trying to do something new with video games these days.
Everyone that can please send an e-mail to Lucasarts if you have some free time and let them know that we want this game. (don't call him a fat ass if you do) Oh and fuck whoever wrote the haze review!

imfagentsamfisher

Prime Member
Jan 8, 2005
Wow, LucasArts, if you hear this, bring this game back, and in the state we saw it in! The ground/space transition was absolutely fantastic! In fact, you can count on me NOT buying any Battlefront III unless it's delivered like Free Radical was doing it. I wasn't going to anyway until that trailer, and I'll go back to that if the game's cut down.

This hardly strikes me as a smart move on LucasArts' part...It's Star Wars AND it's Battlefront, hell, it sells itself. Not to mention the inevitable boost from marketing AND the big boost this game's going to from the word-of-mouth about that leaked trailer. Plus, this is George Lucas, with ungodly deep pockets of money, even a Halo 3-style advertising campaign should be more than affordable for him.

And Haze wasn't that bad...Fun, solid, just underwhelming as hell. The Killzone of this generation. But that means that it was still a good, fun game and all, it just didn't quite live up to the epic potential we'd expected of it. (Something George Lucas should be quite familiar with.) Plus, from the looks of it, that was partly Ubi's fault for its outside pressure, and what in-studio mistakes there were seem to have been recognized and fixed, so it shouldn't be an issue for Timesplitters 4 or Star Wars Battlefront III.

Nov 17, 2007
WHAT THE PHUCK!?

THEY JUST LET THE WHOLE PROJECT GO DOWN THE WHOLE!?

SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, SOMEHOW, NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING TO GET THIS THING RESSURECTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 11, 2008
*http://store.lucasarts.com/contactus.xml* LucasArts Contact address
Flood it full of emails about SWBF3 and they might FINALLY tell us somthing.(Hopefully)[face_praying]

Nov 25, 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! i just saw that trailer a few days ago and now theve ended it!..............im am crying on the inside now cause i loved the battlefronts and was waiting for num 3 very patintly.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
---ATTENTION GOOD LOYAL GAMERS, MIKE THOMSEN AND IGN!--

I think avpdav's gotten a good idea people! IGN I really mean this, why don't you tell the people at Free Radical to open a bank account so that we all can make some donations,

Thank you, schaos1928
we could have that company up and running in no time. People need to quit complaining about the game never being made, and help the company out!

Maybe we should work together, to find out where exactly to collect money, and send it to them. (but I would want to be sure they continue the Battlefront 3 game, before starting any other projects)

Jan 19, 2009
This ****ing sucks I wanted this game so bad and now it was all for NOTHING!!!!! But your right avpdav we should donate money to get the game back in action.

Jun 29, 2001
It might sound cynical, but this smells of viral marketing to me. If it is, it's brilliant. Of-course, I could just be letting my hopes for this game influence my judgement.

Oh, I'd donate to Free Radical for this project. The vid, looks beyond promising.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
sorry, lucasarts has burned me with crappy star wars games too many times. Unless it is made by bioware I am not interested. You see LUCASARTS, here is how it works. Bioware has not turned out a piece of crap and attemped to "trick" me into buying it. They have consistantly produced quality. This has built trust. Trust creates a "brand loyalty". The Bioware brand has value to me. The Star Wars brand does not.

Jan 16, 2008
From what I've heard it's been taken over by pandemic. I think the video was released to 'test the water' for lucasarts. I will eventually go ahead, battlefront's too big to be left alone to die especially wit the next-gen consoles on the market. I also think that lucasarts are trying to decide whether to go ahead with this or Indianna Jones that's gone dark. They did say that they were pulling the team out of it to work on "'bigger projects' " .

Jan 23, 2008
Haze never did deserve a 4.5! I've been playing games all of my life (and I beat Haze), and I certainly couldn't imagine it getting lower than a 6.5. It had some issues, but to me a 4.5 means that it's VERY NOT FUN. I still had a blast with Haze. I hope that IGN reviewer knows that his bogus review cost many Americans their jobs over at Free Radical. Some people should think before they type.

ando3000

Noob
Sep 1, 2006
Actually Free radical was a British company... but your not expected to know that... your American. U dont even know there are other countries out there.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
yeh hardcor1981 free radical was based a bit north of where i live lol

timesplitters was awesome, poor free radical

i like the way he really picks up on the fact it was ign that "put the nail in the coffin"

Cluskey

Noob
Dec 16, 2008
ohh jeahh Obi's looking good!!!!!
I hope somebody will finish the game!!

May 20, 2008
I hope everything works out for them, that would suck to completely lose Free Radical. I love Timesplitters, I definitely hope they are capable of finishing that product and releasing it. That is one of the funnest shooting games I've ever played. I played Future Perfect for a long, long time on my PS2.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I just don't get it, EVERYONE loves Timesplitters, and there is not one company that wants to invest in it, they are so stupid!

ToXsiN_X

Noob
Sep 22, 2008
Huh I thought Timesplitters was a pretty big deal. I always bought them anyways. Great games. I especially remember the demo I got for Timesplitters 3 in OXM. I must have played it 20 times.

jpsimran

...for Victory
May 20, 2001
What a damn shame! That trailer looks incredible! You would think a game with the LucasArts name behind it would be able to innovate in ways demonstrated in this trailer. I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I read the part about Free Radical Design's technology (surface to space flight) being replaced by a cutscene. Sounds like more of the same generic crap we're use to seeing. Guess this is what the world is coming to... good talent being let go, only to be replaced by cheaper (and less talented) alternatives.

NightX-2

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 15, 2004
I loved all the TimeSplitter games. I thought they were pretty big in the US. How could no one want to publish a new TS game? I hear SW:BF3 is going to Pandemic. I sure hope they don't fuck it up.

Gintaka88

Noob
Jul 8, 2008
Dude what the balls.... that leaked footage looks sick. i would buy that game... what the hell all you big briches-wearin, $ makin, porsche-drivin d-bags.... publish the effin game.... that goes for TS4 too... you damn liberals gave all your $ to Obama and now you cant afford to publish a good ass video game

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
man, this is all part of the show. they just want to create some hype so they sent mr bigglesworth over here out to act as an insider to help promote something thats coming out later on. they're creating drama for the unknowing consumer to start following so that they become obsessed. once the product comes out then there will be complaints following the all too familiar statement of how it will be for "future computers." basically it's a sick business like all the rest. manipulating minds and so on.

wstauff

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 23, 2005
"While game fans will never get their hands on Battlefront III in the form teased by the leaked video..."

This whole article, and that sentence in particular, just makes me sad.

X_Caz_O

Noob
Jan 8, 2005
Thats terrible. SW:BF2 was looking *amazing* for just being in Alpha test. The game would of been AAA if it was realized but it is true that Haze really, *really* hurt Free Radicial.

FR has talent, and many gamers know of this and it sucks that they get the boot to the chin like this. Really does...

Jul 30, 2007
Can we all give an applaude for Ubisoft. Thanks for ruining one of the best companies out there boys. And TimeSplitters is a popular series, come on its a one of a kind. Give me a game where you unlock characters such as a snowman, a bear, or a monkey?

trekker123

Noob
Apr 4, 2007
IGN killed battlefront 3!

Haze was bad though. This makes me sad since Battlefield was one of my top 3 series. I really wanted to see this work. I hate this recession.

The whole thing is like watching the cool old man across the street get terrible ass cancer.

koyettsu

No Longer a Noob
Aug 24, 2000
I never got into the Battlefront games but holy s*** did that video look great. I would have bought that, the game looked fantastic for only being in alpha.

As for Timesplitters 4, I am an American and I would buy 3 copies if Freeradical is bought and able to finish it. I love the series and have spent hundreds of hours on 2 and FP. SOMEONE BUY FREE RADICAL DAMMIT AND KEEP TS ALIVE!!!!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Why didn't they ask how many players would be in multiplayer? If you could only have 16 then the game 'tech' is pretty much irrelevant. Who would want all that room, only to have to search around for people to fight.

Jul 24, 2007
/sigh this is tragic. I owned the other timesplitters and loved both of them, and that swbf 3 footage is mindblowing. What a shame that people will buy garbage like cod world at war and gow 2 but not timesplitters? It all boils down to media bs and thats really pathetic.

PRnPlaya

Noob
Jul 26, 2002
What kind of great stunt would it be if gamers and fans rallied to pledge finances and finish the rest of the funding on the game. It'd be an amazing community effort. We could wait for the single player [face_tongue] Just dish out the multi first.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
This is just a new way of hyping a game. They will say in a couple months that lucas decided to do it and all of a sudden it will be bigger than halo.

Jan 5, 2009
PLEASE PUBLISHERS/EVERYONE READ THIS WHOLE COMMENT!!!

Of all the developers in the world why did this have to happen to Free Radical? They were one of my favorite developers of this decade, they were involved in so many good games like timesplitters and... goldeneye; one of the greatest fps' ever released. Yeah their founding fathers were actually part of rare and they decided to leave and carry on the legacy of making games that possessed the most important characteristic in videogames: fun. Do you have any idea what you are doing publishers? You are crushing the hearts of millions of gamers out there who have been waiting years and years for their favorite franchises to release sequels, youre basically telling them that theyve been waiting all this time for nothing and theyve wasted their lives dreaming of reliving the good ol' days. Yeah thats a great way to make alot of enemies. On the fact of Haze everyone makes mistakes at one point in their lives, and that maybe was a mistake but i cant really say because i dont have a PS3 and have never played the game. Also think about how much you guys tamper with games, maybe Haze would have gotten better critical success if you guys didnt screw around with the original concept. But when it comes down to it its all about the money, right? How are you supposed to know if a game wont sell unless you publish it and release it to the public. If you dont allow it to youll never know how the game wouldve sold, it maybe couldve possibly have earned you millions. But if it doesnt sell well, move on. You probably have enough money to start a small war, if you loose a little bit will it be a big deal? My main point is give Free Radical a chance to release its fine work to the public, what if it doesnt sell well? youll never know until you find out. I recall reading a chinese quote saying, "He who asks a question remains a fool for five minutes, but he who doesnt ask a question remains a fool forever". You publishers could be the fool, but for how long? Forever if you dont publish it, but if you do publish it youll be a fool for only a matter of time: Which would you prefer? Hear our plea, give free radical back its chance and witness the outcome of releasing Star Wars Battlefront III because from the looks of the trailer/art this game has alot of potential and (as you can see from all the comments on this wall) many people agree with me. I dont care what publisher out there if it be Barack Obama or Bill Gates but please, someone publish this game! I hope you take this comment to heart and understand that everyone deserves a second chance.

EVO8306

Noob
Jun 10, 2007
@ XxDaKlokingDevicexX

this is true and i believe if your a fan of free radical, i would try to find new copies of any of their games in retail stores to show some time of support, no matter how small. I'm gunna buy haze even though it sucked hard, free radical fans please do the same

Barry619

Noob
Dec 17, 2008
While i can feel sorry for them (and myself!) that we won't be getting BFIII, the bit he says about Haze is disgusting.

If you bought the wrong tech from the start, why then continue to hype the game as if it's going to be the best thing ever, then release a pile of trash? Seriously 4.5 was being kind to it, harsh my arse!

Kornhed

Noob
Dec 1, 2008
@ Xfaidedd

i hope to god that that happens. battlefront is infinitely better then halo. battlefront would actually be worth playing even if you hear kids screeching while they're playing. whereas halo its like wtf am i playing with kids for?

Bedl477488

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 16, 2005
PR guys probably did the haze thing...u know them they are like the devil.

If only if only the BF3 taken up by another could have their [Free radical] tech...::tears::

Robocop75

Noob
Jan 20, 2009
Free Radical, you don't let a project like this go and just say "Oh well". Those lightsaber and fighting cutscenes are so amazing they cannot disappear and go to waste. At least sell the cutscenes, story, and programming to another company like Lucasarts! There has been such a huge response from fans after seeing this footage that there is no way all this superb work can go away and disappear. We just won't let it happen! This is potential Star Wars history in the making!

Or find someone with the cash who can support this e.g. Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Vince McMahon. I'm sure Bill Gates would agree to support this game financially if he saw this footage and because he knows that Star Wars is a big family-oriented brand. The Battlefront series/brand has been very profitable in previous iterations so it shouldn't be that hard to sell to someone and market. One of you rich Malibu Star Wars fans must have a few million to spare right. You shold all join and pitch in together to make it happen. There's definite profit to be made here if you produce it! The fanbase is there, the proof of demand is there. What more do you need to convince you?

Heck, try approaching George Lucas himself to support this. He's made enough money from the dozens of re-releases of his Star Wars and Indy movies and toy sales. Just show him this footage and after he sees how amazing it looks he'll be sold. You just have to have the guts to approach the right people with the cash. It can't be that difficult. Just find the right people and connections to help you meet him.

Creasy_J_Bear

Prime Member
Sep 16, 2008
Sounds like someone's straining to do some explaining, desperately trying to shift all the blame on others.

Let's face it, Free Radical was always run-of-the-mill, at best. Can't say I'm too sorry to see them go. Everyone who had a hand in making Haze deserves to be punished.

Apr 1, 2008
Both force unleashed and fracture sucked. Im sad to see this one go down the tubes because those complete failures had the spotlight. The game looks amazing even in the low quality that we saw.

stevo302

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 1, 2007
You reap what you sow.

Haze got what it deserved, and if they want to feel like they were hard done to , then so fool them. Lets face it, BF3 won't be any different to its predecessors when it comes down to it.

Timesplitters 4 is a shame though, but maybe this will give all parties involved especially the PR departments a lesson that rewriting games just to make them politically correct and universally acceptable is a huge mistake sometimes.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
The game industry is too saturated. Its about time some companies start going under to make way for quality games (GeoW 2, KZ 2, R2, MGS, LBP, Fallout, Oblivion, Fable, Halo, etc.)

There is too much crap out there being produced (haze, too human, LOTR conquest, GTA!)

Status
Not open for further replies.